OtherGround Forums RIP job/TKOed boss

7 days ago
2/11/08

Short short version (I'm on a tablet)

in the middle of backing up a fork lift my supervisor runs up to grab me by the neck of my shirt to pull me out of my seat (he didn't get the memo I took the course) drags me out of the lift, curls his fist still holding my shirt to scream in my face then yanks me away I guess expecting me to walk on. He's a case study unto himself, surely this thread will delve into that at some point. He's been textbook abusive but never physical, but he chose to lose his shit on the wrong person on the wrong day and we are both suspended without pay indefinitely. Again, he grabbed me and yanked me around by the neck of my shirt, I just defended myself. This is going to get complicated I think that's all I should say for now.

7 days ago
9/4/17

Lol 

7 days ago
1/13/11

Fuck Jack, I don’t think I would have restrained myself either. But why didn’t you go for the clean KO? 

7 days ago
6/20/11

Amazing 

7 days ago
1/1/01

Not surprised, disappointed.......

7 days ago
3/23/14

Yeah boss got what was coming to him.  That's no way to handle an employee and leaves the situation open to physical confrontation.

7 days ago
8/29/09

Spin or you flushing another shot down the shitter?

7 days ago
1/1/01

I thought you were working some office/tech job...why were you on a fork lift?

7 days ago
8/29/09

Also, does the long version involve you being bombed out on pills and you lying about winning the physical confrontation?  Cause that would match up to your history quite nicely. 

7 days ago
6/14/12

In

7 days ago
2/11/08
Bad Monkey -

Also, does the long version involve you being bombed out on pills and you lying about winning the physical confrontation?  Cause that would match up to your history quite nicely. 

You've already made up your mind fuckface, but it went down like I said it did. No drugs, just a humiliating assault by a superior. 8 people saw it, if you wanna get real about it I'll prolly get a settlement if goes to court

7 days ago
8/29/09
Jacques Furieux -
Bad Monkey -

You've already made up your mind fuckface, but it went down like I said it did. No drugs, just a humiliating assault by a superior. 8 people saw it, if you wanna get real about it I'll prolly get a settlement if goes to court

Well then congrats on the TKO victory and your impending windfall settlement. 

7 days ago
4/22/07

Had a similar thing happen to me at 18. I apologized at the union meeting when I shouldnt have.  I knew nothing of hostile work environments back then.  If you were right stand your ground. 

7 days ago
2/11/08
DaveFu -

Unfair. I haven't kept the forum appraised of my management difficulties bc I didn't want to talk about work, but that's out the window. Are you going to let somebody jerk you around by the collar? When the guy has a history. Sorry if you would bow to that, no matter what I won't 

7 days ago
2/11/08

7 days ago
8/16/11
William H Macy -

Lol 

7 days ago
11/11/13
DaveFu -

OP doesn't have a history of this Shit, does he.....

7 days ago
7/29/13

Edited: 7 days ago
1/1/01

JF,

Whether you won this battle and the next with HR, it's irrelevant, you're losing the war. People who really give a shit about you, want you to win the war. I certainly do. Sometimes taking a dive is absolutely the right move if you want to do the most damage to someone long term.  

7 days ago
1/1/01
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
DaveFu -

Join date checks out!

7 days ago
11/11/13
DaveFu -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
DaveFu -

Join date checks out!

I've read many of his threads before, David.

7 days ago
11/15/04

Sorry to read this, Jack. Should report it to the police, it’s assault. 

7 days ago
1/1/01
LiveWire - 

And it would strengthen any civil case for you. 

7 days ago
4/13/12

why did he grab you?

7 days ago
2/11/08
LiveWire -

That's why the company is treading lightly. A LOT of people saw this, he was off his meds. It was all so fast but it's unanimously agree upon that he started it.