OtherGround Forums Random Celebrity Encounters in Airports

Edited: 3/18/17 9:08 PM
4/7/16

As the name implies, what random celebrity encounters have you had in airports?

Here are mine.

Ted Dibiase after he retired. Sat across from him in a waiting area in Philadelphia. Left him alone.

Former Heisman Trophy Winner and NFL RB Eddie George. Passed him coming out of the restroom at the airport in Nashville. I told my wife who he was and she wanted me to wait outside the restroom to take a photo with him. I did not, too stalkerish.

Ron Jeremy. I was in St. Louis catching an ealy morning flight to Miami. I was with a friend eating breakfast around 6:00am or so and a flight arrived at a nearby gate. Jeremy walked right past us. Looked haggered as he shuffled by in sweatpants, crocks, and a t-shirt while toting his small roller carryon. Again, no photo. I did not react quick enough and also did not want to impose.

I have no photos because I am not a dick and I respect people's privacy and don't want to bother them.

Who else has some interested encounters??

3/18/17 9:12 PM
1/1/01
I've been on flights with Ben Stein, Wolf Blitzer, a bunch of Baltimore Ravens, 1/2 of the WCW wrestlers.

I was in Memphis airport at the Hertz counter and mean gene, tony shavinta (sp), Sting, the big slow, and several others were there. I spoke to them for about 15 minutes.
3/18/17 9:40 PM
1/7/06
I went to the wfa once....
3/18/17 9:44 PM
9/22/11
chepo77 -

As the name implies, what random celebrity encounters have you had in airports?

Here are mine.

Ted Dibiase after he retired. Sat across from him in a waiting area in Philadelphia. Left him alone.

Former Heisman Trophy Winner and NFL RB Eddie George. Passed him coming out of the restroom at the airport in Nashville. I told my wife who he was and she wanted me to wait outside the restroom to take a photo with him. I did not, too stalkerish.

Ron Jeremy. I was in St. Louis catching an ealy morning flight to Miami. I was with a friend eating breakfast around 6:00am or so and a flight arrived at a nearby gate. Jeremy walked right past us. Looked haggered as he shuffled by in sweatpants, crocks, and a t-shirt while toting his small roller carryon. Again, no photo. I did not react quick enough and also did not want to impose.

I have no photos because I am not a dick and I respect people's privacy and don't want to bother them.

Who else has some interested encounters??

You have no photos because you don't want to appear to be a fanboy.
3/18/17 9:54 PM
8/31/14

At 4am I'm Dublin after BAMMA 27 I met John kavanagh at the airport

He looked wrecked like his hangover was just about to start!

3/18/17 10:01 PM
10/31/16

Walked past the Game at LaGuardia in New York. Guy I used to work with also saw Ron Jeremy at the New Orleans airport. My step mom saw Jennifer Lopez at LAX. 

3/18/17 10:02 PM
10/31/05
Ric Flair at an Atlanta airport bar prior to an early flight. I was two seats down and he could tell I recognized him, but I couldn't bring myself to annoy him by asking the 1000 questions I had. I stayed for about an hour, asked for one for him on my tab, paid, shook his hand, and went to my flight. He looked like...well, Ric does nowadays (it ain't the years, its the miles) but seemed very gracious for the drink and to not have been bothered. Huge fucking hands. Gold diamond Rolex. He lives the gimmick.
3/18/17 10:10 PM
5/11/06
Met Badr Hari and Melvin Manhoef In Tokyo airport and then when I landed in Amsterdam, met Remy Bonjasky, Peter Aerts and Gohkan Saki.

3/18/17 10:19 PM
8/1/12

Hung with Ryan Lochte a couple months ago at a bar at LAX. We both had 3 hours to kill before redeye flights. 

I didn't realize it was him and asked him to watch my bags while I ran to the bathroom. I had to drop major heat sticks, and just gotten off my flight into LAX(I refuse to shit on a plane for some reason...). When I got back I realized who he was and bought him a beer. 

He ended up being WAY cooler than I thought he would be. He interviews horribly, and came across pretty douchy in his show "What Would Ryan Lochte Do?". To be honest, he couldn't have been more chill. He asked if I wanted a shot of Jamo, and of course I did. We ended up boozing heavy for the 3 hours and chatted the whole time.

He is/was expecting his first child, and I have a daughter that was a year old at the time, so we talked a lot about family. He came across like a pretty down to earth, humble guy, which really surprised me. People kept coming up to him and asking for pics and autographs, and he was extremely polite and accommodating. I made a comment about how that must get old, and he said he loved it and tried to be polite to everyone who asks. 

No, I didn't ask him why he did the shit he did in Rio. I just treated him like anyone else, and I think he appreciated that. 

Thats all I got...

3/18/17 10:55 PM
2/27/15

Once was on the same plane as gene Simmons lol. From New York to Dublin.

3/18/17 10:58 PM
5/23/16
I fly as my job and have met many many celebreties. The stand outs for being cool are the rock And Chris lytle. I walked past lytle while he was on the phone and must have had that "is it him look?" on my face- he looks at me shaking his head yes and tells (whoever on the phone) I gotta go I just ran into my buddy. We hit the bar and had a beer and it was prior to leaving the country for military deployment. Cool motherfucker f'real. Matthew mchanahnoy can fuck himself.
3/18/17 10:59 PM
1/1/01
Steve Kerr at the Cabo San Lucas airport. We were also on the same flight back to San Diego. Super cool dude...
3/18/17 11:04 PM
10/26/05
Booger from Revenge of the Nerds. 15 years ago. I was stoked.
Edited: 3/18/17 11:08 PM
3/29/09
Don Frye at LAX last year before he became ill. Extremely nice and friendly legend. I wanted to buy him a beer but he was leaving the bar as I was taking a seat. Took a pic with him and all the idiots around asked me who he was after he left.
3/18/17 11:09 PM
5/13/11

Ran into Natalie Portman at Miwa Jima in japan. She bought me a ice cream sandwhich and we ate it together and played with the deer.

3/18/17 11:33 PM
1/1/01
Hank Aaron at sky harbor. But then again I followed him from the hotel. I genuinely felt bad as I approached with a baseball to get signed as he looked terrified. Then relieved. Felt like a dick.
3/18/17 11:34 PM
12/17/06
Bull from Nightcourt.
Edited: 3/19/17 12:28 AM
9/11/11

British Bulldog (RIP) in a restaurant bathroom. We pissed in neighbouring urinals. He was smashed but jolly.

Greg Kovacs in a gym demo'ing leg extensions and running out of breath walking to the water fountain.

Ronnie Coleman during his peak. He said he hadn't worked out in 6 months, was 300lbs and at 5% bodyfat. Freak. 

Michael Keaton at a film shoot. He was super down to earth and offered to buy me a coffee.

Rachel McAdams at a film shoot. Didn't talk to her but she walked across the street to a hotel in between every take with an entourage.

Ludacris in a club who decked a fat chick who tried to grab his chain.

Drake driving a Bugatti beside me.

A few NBA and UFC guys.

There are a lot but I can't think of anymore right now.

3/19/17 12:32 AM
1/1/01
Tony Hawk in Las Vegas.

Chris Jericho in Phoenix.

Dave Navarro in San Francisco.

Flea in LA.

I think that's about it.
3/19/17 12:34 AM
2/28/06
Ran into Dan Severn ...in some airport...I introduced myself, we ironically had trained some of the same people. It was a long lay over and he talked to me and my girlfriend non-stop for over an hour straight. (Actually trained with him a few years later). He was one of the nicest human beings I've ever met.
3/19/17 1:14 AM
4/21/09
Mr T at lax like 25 years ago. He was pushing a luggage cart with the top basket filled with huge gold necklaces. He was cool, took a pic with me.(no idea what happened to it) He was on his way to Toronto to film the TV show TNT.
Also saw Goldie Hawn there a few minutes afterwards.
3/19/17 1:16 AM
4/21/09
Can't edit my post, show was called T And T, not tnt
3/19/17 1:26 AM
7/10/14

In vegas i ran in to Virgil aka Vincent from wcw back in '98 when the nwo was in its prime

3/19/17 1:28 AM
7/10/14

Also had a short conversation with Mr lahey from the trailer park boys a few years back

3/19/17 1:40 AM
3/14/13
Sat across from killa b a few years ago right after killa b lost against jon fitch at sports bar for a ufc ppv. Killa b was awesome super friendly and we talked about the fights. Then begining of this month caught him at orlando airport. Helped former 2 time slam dunk champion jason richardson while working in retail store same goes for matt hughes twin brother