OtherGround Forums Soccer officially dead in the US

10/10/17 10:55 PM
8/6/06
DavidYorkshire -
JasonJ - 

The WNBA  has better athletes

most popular game in the entire world with the highest paid sportsmen (except mayweather)

for those talking about athletics.  its not only about being a good athlete -  its about skill.  is damien maia the best athlete?  no but he beat carlos condit in seconds without getting hit.  how could he do that if is not a great athlete?

same principle applies to football (soccer).  what messi can do is like that.    its beauty, its angles and timing.  its speed and changes of pace.  its complex.  its skill.

I think he means better athletes, than are on the American soccer team.
Edited: 10/10/17 10:55 PM
1/1/01
Mr. Wright - 
IgnorantDeadline -
Squatdog - America clearly has inferior athletes.

Imagine every cornerback and 4.4 running halfback in college and the pros playing soccer.

Lol. Gg, world.

lol and this

What's stopping the thousands of 'cornerbacks'(?) who don't make in the NFL from going to Soccer and making millions instead of getting paid less than minimum wage in Arena Padball?

Oh wait...
10/10/17 10:56 PM
9/13/02
Squatdog -
Mr. Wright - 
IgnorantDeadline -

Imagine every cornerback and 4.4 running halfback in college and the pros playing soccer.

Lol. Gg, world.

lol and this

What's stopping the thousands of 'cornerbacks'(?) who don't make in the NFL from going to Soccer and making millions instead of getting paid less than minimum wage in Arena Padball?

Oh wait...

they know nothing about soccer?

10/10/17 11:00 PM
4/17/17
Not gonna lie. I watch soccer every 4 years for the world cup. I get excited those 4 weeks. Its gonna suck with USA not involved 2018. ...fucking gutless tattooed millionaires.
10/10/17 11:00 PM
3/17/14
Squatdog -
Mr. Wright - 
IgnorantDeadline -

Lol. Gg, world.

lol and this

Oh wait...

a few reasons

-dont care about soccer

-does not want to live in pussy ass europe

-does not want to be made fun of for being soccer players

-actually like to hit things and feel like an athlete

-does not like rolling around on the ground like they almost died when someone even touches them on the soccer field

-not many soccer fields or goals in the inner city

10/10/17 11:08 PM
10/25/14

Athletes, lol. That’s why Jamaica is the best soccer team in the world.

10/10/17 11:29 PM
1/1/01
rekt - 

pulisic making his appointment to a laser removal shop right now

lol, thanks brah...I needed a good laugh tonight
10/10/17 11:31 PM
11/28/09

Meh.

10/10/17 11:31 PM
2/25/09

Soccer is too continous without stoppages for tv. Without tv no money so players go elsewhere. I like soccer. 

10/10/17 11:36 PM
10/8/07

soccer has never been alive in the US. a couple million people watching soccer once every two years does not = soccer being alive. i have yet to see a single MLS game broadcasted on American television. Even ESPN7 won't touch that shit.

10/10/17 11:44 PM
3/4/12

Its not that no one cares about soccer, that is the dumbest thing I've hear on the OG today and there has been some pretty stupid shit said... Soccer is one of most popular sports in the world. The fact is that America and Canada produce shitty soccer players even though every momo and their dog has played it at one point in their lifetime. American football, Hockey, Basketball, Baseball are more popular among the elite athletes. 

10/10/17 11:47 PM
1/5/07
The Destroyer88 - 

soccer has never been alive in the US. a couple million people watching soccer once every two years does not = soccer being alive. i have yet to see a single MLS game broadcasted on American television. Even ESPN7 won't touch that shit.

FYI, ESPN/ESPN2 and Fox/FS1 are broadcasting 65 MLS games combined this season.
10/10/17 11:53 PM
6/26/17
B Sharps -
The Destroyer88 - 

Stop the presses

10/10/17 11:53 PM
1/1/01
BruteDion - 
Squatdog -
Mr. Wright - 
IgnorantDeadline -

Lol. Gg, world.

lol and this

Oh wait...

a few reasons

-dont care about soccer

-does not want to live in pussy ass europe

-does not want to be made fun of for being soccer players

-actually like to hit things and feel like an athlete

-does not like rolling around on the ground like they almost died when someone even touches them on the soccer field

-not many soccer fields or goals in the inner city

-would rather sweep floors and wrap cheeseburgers rather than get paid millions every year in the world's no.1 sport?

LOL!
10/10/17 11:54 PM
1/9/02
Mr. Wright -
Fedoral Crime -
Mr. Wright -
DavidYorkshire -
JasonJ - 

The WNBA  has better athletes

most popular game in the entire world with the highest paid sportsmen (except mayweather)

for those talking about athletics.  its not only about being a good athlete -  its about skill.  is damien maia the best athlete?  no but he beat carlos condit in seconds without getting hit.  how could he do that if is not a great athlete?

same principle applies to football (soccer).  what messi can do is like that.    its beauty, its angles and timing.  its speed and changes of pace.  its complex.  its skill.

MUCH longer and harder road to make money in the states playing soccer than just about any other sport here. if it wasn't, you'd see the top athletes moving towards soccer in the states. but they're not.

If they're good enough it's actually a quicker road. Freddie Adu was being scouted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe when he was just a teen.

He went on to play at a pretty high level but never lived up to his potential.

The point is if a player is good enough there's scouts that recruit players from all over the globe and they're recruiting kids as young as 11 and 12 now.

right, by the time he was a teen. problem is MOST kids in the states have moved on from hockey by the time they're 10-11 years old. it happened with my kids and all of my sons friends. as soon as they hit a certain age here a ton of opportunities in different sports open up. especially where i live (southern california).

my sons and their friends all went from starting out playing soccer from like 6-10, then branching out into baseball, hockey, swimming, etc. the time requirements at the highest levels for kids that age only allow for kids to play one sport. personally, i gave my kids the choice between soccer, swimming and BJJ/MT. they picked swimming and BJJ/MT and every time i ask them if they want to give up one of those activities for soccer they tell me no. 

yeah soccer and baseball were my 2 least favorite sports to play as a kid.

10/10/17 11:55 PM
1/9/02

so the US is not going to be in the next WC? lol

this is the first Ive heard. an 8 yr drought of americans not giving a fuck about soccer is really going to hurt the MLS. They always get a bump after the WC.

10/10/17 11:56 PM
10/8/07
B Sharps -
The Destroyer88 - 

65 playoff games I would assume?

10/10/17 11:56 PM
1/9/02
jaywill -

Soccer is too continous without stoppages for tv. Without tv no money so players go elsewhere. I like soccer. 

nothing more thrilling than watching midfielders pass the ball back and forth

riveting gentlemen

10/10/17 11:58 PM
9/18/06
Usa soccer is on same level as Eminem now.
Edited: 10/10/17 11:59 PM
12/19/10

americans don't like soccer coz they didn't invent it

10/11/17 12:03 AM
1/1/01
10/11/17 12:11 AM
7/9/12

In for American tears at Soccer being more popular than their own sports

10/11/17 12:14 AM
6/13/09
Squatdog - America clearly has inferior athletes.

That's dog shit. Check how we did in the last Olympics.
10/11/17 12:16 AM
10/27/03

Squatdog laying down some irresistible bait.
10/11/17 12:20 AM
8/6/06
MMA6053 -

In for American tears at Soccer being more popular than their own sports

Why would Americans care what sports are more popular in other countries? Soccer sure as fuck isn't more popular than American sports, in America, where it matters to Americans.