OtherGround Forums Soccer officially dead in the US

10/11/17 9:10 AM
3/17/14
Dragunov - 
BruteDion -
Squatdog - Look at those jiggling rolls of FREAK ATHLETICISM!

Athleticism means alot of things.

I would like to see any soccer player in to world try to stop him from getting past them.

I would put money down that no soccer player in the world could stop him from getting to a loved on standing 5 feet behind said soccer player with on you his body.

A soccer player couldn't stop your average Walmart customer from getting to the donut counter either, doesn't make them freak athletes.

Nice attempt to define what athleticism is but your wrong.

When Vince was playing, his job was to sack a QB. Meaning he had to use his athletic skills to get past another human being trying to stop him.

I'm confident no soccer player in the world could stop him from doing just that. Even if the QB was the soccer players loved ones.

Meaning in a way, yes Vince Wilfork is more athletic then every soccer plAyer in the world at that given task.
Edited: 10/11/17 9:10 AM
11/20/10
trobinson21 -

There is the difference between foreigners and Americans, you try to get people to watch football, we don't try to get people to watch soccer because it sucks and most of us aren't interested in it.  

Lol @ this, theres way more interest for soccer in the US than there is for American football pretty much anywhere else. 

10/11/17 9:11 AM
12/28/04
trobinson21 - 

There is the difference between foreigners and Americans, you try to get people to watch football, we don't try to get people to watch soccer because it sucks and most of us aren't interested in it.  

LOL, wat? You have been trying like fuck to build MLS in the USA, whereas NO ONE give a single fuck about hand egg outside the USA.

Edited: 10/11/17 9:15 AM
3/17/14
If what Twellman just said is true, it's fucking stupid.

Kids in college are not allowed to play their sport for more then 2 and a half months out of the year.

How the fuck is that a good idea? This is legit reason we suck. How can any kid get good enough to compete at the world level if he is only allowed to play his sport just over 1/6th of the year.
10/11/17 9:14 AM
7/30/14
Drunkie -
Dragunov -
derekbob -

What I've always wondered is why are soccer fans bothered by the US not caring about soccer? Or do you care? We don't care what you think about American Football. We don't want you to watch it. So what's the big deal? Can't people like different things from you?

You just have to read this thread. 'Soccer is for women', 'we play real sports' etc. There are many American sports fans that just can't have it that other countries are better than them at a sport so they have to discredit the sport. It's weird, I agree. 

Personally, I think the format of football (free-flowing sport) is alien to American sports fans and tv networks. The American sports have been sold to the public fine, there's no need for another sport to be popular there.

you are not understanding it. here soccer does become for women. it is like the main sport for teh girls once in highschool. guys stop playing it here in middel school or in highschool for the most part. that isn't attacking soccer it is explaining how it is here

No I understand. American males gravitate to American Football, Baseball, Ice Hockey and Basketball. If you read this thread though there's plenty of 'soccer sucks', 'soccer is for fags'. It just comes across as ignorant.

2/27/11

Good soccer is a shit sport; i played for 10 years until I discovered Rugby.  Intetnational soccer is shit with the disrespect of the officials and "diving”.  Horrible role model for kids.  I talked with my sons friend who plays middle school soccer and he talked about how he flops to draw a penalty; no honor or sportsmanship in that.

9/9/12
10/11/17 9:16 AM
10/29/14

Most soccer players are bitch-made suckers.

10/11/17 9:17 AM
3/17/14
Dragunov - 
Drunkie -
Dragunov -
derekbob -

What I've always wondered is why are soccer fans bothered by the US not caring about soccer? Or do you care? We don't care what you think about American Football. We don't want you to watch it. So what's the big deal? Can't people like different things from you?

You just have to read this thread. 'Soccer is for women', 'we play real sports' etc. There are many American sports fans that just can't have it that other countries are better than them at a sport so they have to discredit the sport. It's weird, I agree. 

Personally, I think the format of football (free-flowing sport) is alien to American sports fans and tv networks. The American sports have been sold to the public fine, there's no need for another sport to be popular there.

you are not understanding it. here soccer does become for women. it is like the main sport for teh girls once in highschool. guys stop playing it here in middel school or in highschool for the most part. that isn't attacking soccer it is explaining how it is here

No I understand. American males gravitate to American Football, Baseball, Ice Hockey and Basketball. If you read this thread though there's plenty of 'soccer sucks', 'soccer is for fags'. It just comes across as ignorant.

Yes it is ignorant but that's the national mentality for the sport. That ain't changing anytime soon.
10/11/17 9:17 AM
7/30/14
Teenage Mutant Lesnar Turtle -
trobinson21 -

Lol @ this, theres way more interest for soccer in the US than there is for American football pretty much anywhere else. 

I tried to watch American football after seeing the intro to an American Football show. It looked awesome, lots of action. When I watched a game it was too stop start for my liking. I'm sure if I had been brought up with it, it wouldn't bother me.

10/11/17 9:20 AM
12/28/04

Hand Egg is so bad that most people who watch their cup final thingy are actually tuning in for the half time adverts lol!

10/11/17 9:21 AM
1/9/02
Dragunov -
trobinson21 -

I tried to watch American football after seeing the intro to an American Football show. It looked awesome, lots of action. When I watched a game it was too stop start for my liking. I'm sure if I had been brought up with it, it wouldn't bother me.

Sorry

That London Dolphins-Saints game was one of the worst ever

10/11/17 9:21 AM
5/10/08
Teenage Mutant Lesnar Turtle - 
trobinson21 -
trobinson21 -
trobinson21 -
trobinson21 -
IgnorantDeadline -
Squatdog - America clearly has inferior athletes.

Imagine every cornerback and 4.4 running halfback in college and the pros playing soccer.

Lol. Gg, world.

My my...how has nobody thought of this yet? why arent soccer teams full of olympic track athletes?

Imagine an Offensive Lineman in goal too! he'd be so big that the ball couldnt even pass him!

Wait, you really don't understand that Americas best athletes play 4 sports before they get to soccer? Lol

Soccer is for kids whose moms won't let them play Pop Warner and girls.

What does this have to do with my post?

You seem unable to grasp the simple fact that Americans have money for sports equipment so our kids aren't stuck kicking a ball around for 90 minutes without any scoring, they can play real sports so "American" soccer players are our 5th worst athletes playing against the best athletes from other countries.

Im glad we lost, the pussification of America is in line with the growth of soccer, hopefully this curbs that some.

This still doesnt have anything to do with my post. And the rest of your "hur hur everyone else plays soccer because they're poor" argument is retarded and objectively false. You really think Europeans cant afford a plastic helmet, a bat or a basketball hoop? and that literally the only thing anyone ever has the opportunity to play in these countries is soccer? 

Also, attracting the most athletes is not the same as having the best athletes. 

It absolutely does, someone mentioned cornerbacks and running backs in the NFL, guys that are infinitely more athletic than the best soccer players in the world, and you replied sarcastically with your "track athlete" and offensive lineman takes.

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world(numbers wise) because most of the world is poor and all you need is a ball.

The best athletes in the world are Americans and our best athletes play football first, then baseball and basketball, then hockey up North, then soccer.

In America, soccer is for the bottom 20% of athletes, women and small children age 4-6.

Soccer has a talent pool possibly bigger than the entire global pool of the big 4 sports in America combined, it also has the biggest and widest reaching scouting networks. If having the attributes of a running back or cornerback won games, teams would be full of guys like that by now. 

and no, once again, "best" and "most" are not the same. Athleticism is also heavily reliant on the physical requirements of the sport and the type of training regimes it employs. Soccer countries dont field their most athletic people, they field their best soccer players. This seems to be a huge misunderstanding that Americans who dont follow soccer have. The US team is athletically on par, they just arent as skilled or tactical as the top teams. 

"Its popular because its poor" holds no weight because there are tons of things that contradict it, like it being the no1 sport in a bunch of rich, highly developed nations.

"Its popular because furriners r fags" holds no weight, because plenty of nations where its popular also play violent sports like rugby, hockey, boxing etc. 

And of course you dropped the "Murica has the best athletes" line, i'm assuming you're going to go "LOOK AT THE OLYMPIC MEDAL COUNT" next too, right?

Again, we aren't talking about the "global" talent pool, we are talking about America and how our best athletes don't play soccer.

Its really simple, the best 20 athletes in a class in the UK all play soccer, maybe 1 or 2 of the best 20 athletes in an American class play soccer

It's also boring as fuck to most of us who grew up watching real sports which explains why the average attendance at NFL games is 70,000 fans, average attendance of MLS games is 21,000.

In America, soccer will always be for 4-6 year old boys, girls and the kids who are unable to throw a spiral, make a layup or hit a fastball.

I never said that America wouldnt be better at soccer if more Americans played it, thats common sense. Its the "best athletes" shit that I find hilariously stupid. If it was the no1 sport in the US the USMNT wouldnt suddenly be full of supermen who jump 20 feet in the air on corners, shoot at 150mph and cover the length of the field with throw ins. Its going to be guys with the same physical attributes as now, only better at passing, shooting, dribbling and reading the game. 

The "real sports" shit is just typical cliched ignorant BS, I actually used to watch American football and have tried to get others into it. Trust me, your perception of soccer is the same way they see football. The comparison between the NFL and the MLS (a league that isnt even in the top 10 of its sport) is clearly pretty unfair too. 

Also, reminder that any white male who is still watching the NFL at this point is unpatriotic and a cuck. 

Dude... you are being trolled by trobinson bro...

He is just projecting because his dad didn't teach him how to be a real man... how to throw a spiral when he was a kid.

Now - as an adult male (not a man though) - he attempts to make up for it with false bravado.

If only his papa taught him how to throw a spiral...

10/11/17 9:22 AM
7/30/14
BruteDion -
Dragunov - 
BruteDion -
Squatdog - Look at those jiggling rolls of FREAK ATHLETICISM!

Athleticism means alot of things.

I would like to see any soccer player in to world try to stop him from getting past them.

I would put money down that no soccer player in the world could stop him from getting to a loved on standing 5 feet behind said soccer player with on you his body.

A soccer player couldn't stop your average Walmart customer from getting to the donut counter either, doesn't make them freak athletes.

Nice attempt to define what athleticism is but your wrong.

When Vince was playing, his job was to sack a QB. Meaning he had to use his athletic skills to get past another human being trying to stop him.

I'm confident no soccer player in the world could stop him from doing just that. Even if the QB was the soccer players loved ones.

Meaning in a way, yes Vince Wilfork is more athletic then every soccer plAyer in the world at that given task.

I was purposely being silly. Of course a soccer player isn't stopping someone who has the genetics and training to carry out that role. Much in the same way that the big Football player isn't playing central midfield and covering 15 miles over 90 minutes. American Football players wouldn't make good soccer players, that was the argument. 

10/11/17 9:28 AM
7/30/14
gregbrady -
Dragunov -
trobinson21 -

Sorry

That London Dolphins-Saints game was one of the worst ever

It goes way further back. When I was a kid I met Brett Favre. He was such a nice guy, I was sure I would be a fan of the sport. Sadly, it's not for me. I thought it would be like superman playing rugby, it was a let down.

10/11/17 9:39 AM
11/20/10
Dragunov -
trobinson21 -

Yeah, American football makes for a hell of a highlight vid but actually watching full games live is a different story. Its a weird contrast, the plays themselves are very quick and intense but because of how stop start it is the overall pace and length of games is more like baseball or cricket.

Condensed games or redzone are a must. 

10/11/17 9:59 AM
7/15/04
10/11/17 10:16 AM
1/1/01
People who bash soccer always look like complete idiots in the process.
10/11/17 10:19 AM
8/28/11
Neymar is set to make $54 million this year just from his contract... I'd gladly be called a pussy while in smashing all the high end pussy I want for $54m a year.
10/11/17 10:25 AM
6/5/02
jaywill -

Soccer is too continous without stoppages for tv. Without tv no money so players go elsewhere. I like soccer. 

Lol at "no tv money in soccer"

10/11/17 10:30 AM
1/15/15
Dragunov -
derekbob -

I'm not asking why Americans don't like soccer. I'm asking why anyone cares. We don't care if you don't like our sport. So why should you care if we don't like yours? You can make fun of us because we suck at soccer, it doesn't bother us. If we said you suck at American Football, you wouldn't care.

10/11/17 10:35 AM
7/9/12

So what do we have here, 6 pages and counting on this thread + all the other threads that pop up every few weeks

All about  just how much Mericans hate that fag sport soccer

Lol

10/11/17 10:37 AM
7/30/14
derekbob -
Dragunov -
derekbob -

I'm not asking why Americans don't like soccer. I'm asking why anyone cares. We don't care if you don't like our sport. So why should you care if we don't like yours? You can make fun of us because we suck at soccer, it doesn't bother us. If we said you suck at American Football, you wouldn't care.

Oh in that case, no one cares that the US aren't good at soccer. It is a shame though, I'm sure they could develop some top talent.

10/11/17 10:45 AM
1/15/15
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
trobinson21 - 

LOL, wat? You have been trying like fuck to build MLS in the USA, whereas NO ONE give a single fuck about hand egg outside the USA.

Some investors and a couple fans have been trying to push MLS. The rest of us can't even name a team. I think one of them is called The Galaxies or something.

10/11/17 10:55 AM
1/1/01
LordSeano -
jaywill -

Soccer is too continous without stoppages for tv. Without tv no money so players go elsewhere. I like soccer. 

Lol at "no tv money in soccer"

Guess he doesn’t read the news