OtherGround Forums The Tower of Babel

7 days ago
11/5/03
https://youtu.be/kixskKa6WXY

Awesome doc. on the so called myth of babel...dude makes his case and reinforces a pet theory of mine
7 days ago
1/1/01
They found it recently
7 days ago
12/2/07
toelocku - https://youtu.be/kixskKa6WXY

Awesome doc. on the so called myth of babel...dude makes his case and reinforces a pet theory of mine

A portal/tower to heaven. Extra? biblical sources say that it got so tall, that when carrying stones to the top, it took a year. And they mourned more for a fallen rock than a person that fell.

And of course you got modern day people saying cern is a modern tower of babel. The stories are definitely interesting... sometimes distracting.

7 days ago
12/25/05
For later
7 days ago
11/8/11
Stronghold - They found it recently
Go on...
7 days ago
9/5/06

7 days ago
10/29/07

ltr

7 days ago
1/1/01
It was the tower of Solomon. If you rewrite the Bible passage about it to say 'all peoples" will be dispersed to 'all jews' then it makes sense as that's what happened
7 days ago
9/11/14
Sub
7 days ago
11/5/03
Long Time NoGi -

A portal/tower to heaven. Extra? biblical sources say that it got so tall, that when carrying stones to the top, it took a year. And they mourned more for a fallen rock than a person that fell.

And of course you got modern day people saying cern is a modern tower of babel. The stories are definitely interesting... sometimes distracting.

Cern is like babel?
7 days ago
11/15/04

For later

7 days ago
11/28/08

The Tower of Babel was a parable about worker's rights.

7 days ago
1/1/01
lol at "so-called."
7 days ago
5/16/10
Later
6 days ago
11/5/03
anthonyMI -

How so
Edited: 6 days ago
12/2/07
toelocku -
anthonyMI -

How so

He's talking out his backside.

6 days ago
11/5/03
Bovine Defenestration - lol at "so-called."
Lol @ this 'so called' response
11/28/08
toelocku -
anthonyMI -

How so

NoGi made reference to it, but he failed to grasp the meaning.

There are a lot of layers to the story, but one of them is that in order to achieve their goal of building the tower, the builders were abused and their lives were not valued. The building materials had more value than the people. While the generations before the flood were flawed because they put the whims of the individual above the good of others, the generation of the tower was flawed because the rights of the individual were completely swallowed by the will of the whole as expressed through the will of their King. It made them strong, but it was still cruel. And so for that, among other things, they were punished.

But that is just one interpretation.

6 days ago
12/2/07
anthonyMI -
toelocku -
anthonyMI -

How so

There are a lot of layers to the story, but one of them is that in order to achieve their goal of building the tower, the builders were abused and their lives were not valued. The building materials had more value than the people. While the generations before the flood were flawed because they put the whims of the individual above the good of others, the generation of the tower was flawed because the rights of the individual were completely swallowed by the will of the whole as expressed through the will of their King. It made them strong, but it was still cruel. And so for that, among other things, they were punished.

Post a source.

6 days ago
1/1/01
Long Time NoGi - 

maybe more close to the burj khalifa:

6 days ago
12/2/07
yusul -
Long Time NoGi - 

That is a weird looking building. What's the inspiration behind it's design?

6 days ago
11/5/03
anthonyMI -
toelocku -
anthonyMI -

How so

Interesting...i could see that
10/27/03
Long Time NoGi -
yusul -
Long Time NoGi - 

Sheikh: Design me the biggest one

Architect: Alright

6 days ago
1/1/01
All that's left of the real tower/temple now is a mud pit. But, it's still there.
6 days ago
1/1/01
Long Time NoGi - 
yusul -
Long Time NoGi - 

finger to the moon is correct. 

also, this is essentially the minimal triangular shape you can use to build something that high, without support cables, i'd guess. tallest building in the world.