OtherGround Forums Trump: Why let people from shithole countries?

9 days ago
4/20/02

Yeah, he went there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/2018/01/11/bfc0725c-f711-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?utm_term=.28ed9c4a42ac

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

The comments left lawmakers taken aback, according to people familiar with their reactions. Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) proposed cutting the visa lottery program by 50 percent and then prioritizing countries already in the system, a White House official said.

A White House spokesman declined to offer an immediate comment on Trump’s remarks.

9 days ago
12/13/12

He got it wrong, but it's not so far wrong he isn't partly right. We are a vastly different country compared to 100 years ago. We don't need to take whoever we can get now, and it should be quality over quantity. Trying to base that on country of origin is a hopeless assessment.

9 days ago
10/21/09

Lol @ CNN having "shithole" in their banner on tv.

9 days ago
9/23/07
Hes right. Why do we want people from shithole countries?
9 days ago
5/22/05
He has a point.
9 days ago
11/4/10

I mean, those countries are shitholes. 

9 days ago
1/1/01
Most of the states that voted for Trump are also shitholes. In most cases the few pockets of civilization within them voted intelligently.

Why not kick them out?
9 days ago
12/29/09
Wait, is this another reason we're supposed to hate him?
9 days ago
11/28/09

Lol

9 days ago
1/1/01

Look at India, it can be classified as a shithole country but it produces lots of MBAs. We even outsource our Fed Tax data to workers in India to get it done.

So, the mentality of Trump is skewed but that's the guy that many of you here worship without question.

9 days ago
9/11/14
the_sandman - Most of the states that voted for Trump are also shitholes. In most cases the few pockets of civilization within them voted intelligently.

Why not kick them out?
He Mad. He real Mad still
9 days ago
9/11/14
ReneH -

Look at India, it can be classified as a shithole country but it produces lots of MBAs. We even outsource our Fed Tax data to workers in India to get it done.

So, the mentality of Trump is skewed but that's the guy that many of you here worship without question.

You.mad
9 days ago
4/15/16
the_sandman - Most of the states that voted for Trump are also shitholes. In most cases the few pockets of civilization within them voted intelligently.

Why not kick them out?

I'm assuming he wants to be re-elected.
9 days ago
1/1/01
EluThingol -
ReneH -

You.mad

Not at all but who is gonna pick the fruits and veggies from the fields, the newly arrived immigrants from Norway? That's why we need Jose and Jesus, these fuckers will do it with a smile.

9 days ago
6/30/07
He should be saying that on national TV

This is what we elected him to do and don't apologise for it
Edited: 9 days ago
12/25/17
For whatever reasons, there are people/organizations that want to be like Europe in regards to taking in people from 3rd world countries with incompatible cultures.

People that push for this are the enemy of a sovereign, prosperous nation. Hopefully one day, they will be treated as such.
9 days ago
3/27/09
ReneH -

Being in the aerospace industry, and working with people in India, I can tell you most of the mba's out of there aren't worth the paper they are printed on.
9 days ago
12/29/09
Every time there is a reason to hate him, it's either made up bullshit or something I don't give a shit about it.

And he's hilarious.
9 days ago
4/22/07
the_sandman - Most of the states that voted for Trump are also shitholes. In most cases the few pockets of civilization within them voted intelligently.

Why not kick them out?
Voting for Hillary was intelligent?

I can see all the Trump criticism, but I hope you didnt mean it like I read it.
9 days ago
6/3/03

While he’s not wrong, he really shouldn’t be saying that in a cabinet meeting. 

With that being said, it wouldn’t surprise me if this turned out to be bullshit. A lot of people want to see Trump burn and are getting pretty desperate in their attempts. 

9 days ago
3/14/16

Why not kick them out?
You want 3/4 of the country gone because they didn't vote your way ?
9 days ago
8/20/05
Shithole countries are shit holes because of the people that live there. Anyone who comes here from a shithole country should be subject to extreme vetting.
9 days ago
1/1/01
Far more intelligent than voting for Trump. Don't get me wrong - Hillary was a C- candidate all the way, but Trump was a straight F.

Every time you confront some toothless Trumpet on what an idiotic choice they made "Hillary" is going to be one of the first words out of their mouth. It's like they were spoon fed that dribble and are still licking it off their lips.

Hillary more corrupt than Trump? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
9 days ago
2/15/06
the_sandman - Most of the states that voted for Trump are also shitholes. In most cases the few pockets of civilization within them voted intelligently.

Why not kick them out?

After we kick out the stupid Hillary voters then we can consider that.
9 days ago
11/9/17
Brockback Mountain - Hes right. Why do we want people from shithole countries?

Because the powers that be want to destroy American/Western values and the way to do it is from within since its impossible to take America on militarily.

It might be slower than direct conflict but its far more effective.