OtherGround Forums Uma Thurman Looks Pretty Pissed

Edited: 3 days ago
6/25/17

Uma Thurman's powerful response to sexual misconduct in Hollywood: 'I've been waiting to feel less angry'

Within the flood of allegations sweeping out of Hollywood at the moment, it's important not to forget the emotional distress they bring; for the victims who must relive their own trauma, namely, but also, to a degree, for all women in Hollywood today. 

That stark reminder came in the form of Uma Thurman and her powerful, emotional response to a question about women in Hollywood, like Angelina Jolie or Gwyneth Paltrow, speaking out about sexual harassment and assault in the industry. 

"I think it's commendable," Thurman told Access Hollywood, speaking slowly, carefully, and with clear self-restraint. “I don’t have a tidy soundbite for you, because I’ve learned — I’m not a child, and I’ve learned that when I’ve spoken in anger I usually regret the way I express myself."

"So I’ve been waiting to feel less angry. And when I’m ready, I’ll say what I have to say," she ended. Thurman's words are important because they stress the need to give women the support, the patience, and the space to speak out - either for themselves or on behalf of others - entirely on their own terms. 

Thurman shot to fame thanks to her role in Quentin Tarantino's 1994 film, Pulp Fiction, which was produced by Harvey Weinstein's Miramax company. Since the allegations, Tarantino has cut all ties with The Weinstein Company, and is currently looking for a new home for his upcoming project, said to be based around the Manson Family murders. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/uma-thurman-response-sexual-harassment-assault-hollywood-weinstein-spacey-ratner-a8038331.html

3 days ago
7/4/10
Good response
3 days ago
10/25/08

Imagine all the weird shit Quentin Tarentino has done to her feet.

3 days ago
1/1/10
Dr Gonzo -

Imagine all the weird shit Quentin Tarentino has done to her feet.

I’d like to imagine. Please describe in great detail.......

unzips

3 days ago
1/2/08
Wow she's aged well she looks f*cking fantastic
3 days ago
6/17/11
MrBoone - Wow she's aged well she looks f*cking fantastic

Agree.
3 days ago
4/22/03

Her baloon knot was wrecked by someone. 

3 days ago
12/9/13

thats one woman not to mess with, she knows her knives

3 days ago
10/4/15

Lol this woman sucked that mans dirty fucking anus raw dog for an oppertunity to make tens of millions of dollars 

GIVE THE MONEY BACK, THEN ILL CONSIDER GIVING A SHIT ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS 

3 days ago
11/12/07
McSurly -
MrBoone - Wow she's aged well she looks f*cking fantastic

Agree.

Yeah still looks excellent. Probably because she hasn't fucked herself up with a bunch of plastic surgery. 

3 days ago
6/30/09

she got a nice ass

3 days ago
2/9/12
MMA Newbie -

Lol this woman sucked that mans dirty fucking anus raw dog for an oppertunity to make tens of millions of dollars 

Your response fills a little cold but makes some sense. 

3 days ago
12/2/07

These women make it seem like they couldn't just NOT BE AN ACTRESS AND PROSTITITE THEMSELVES FOR MOVIE ROLES AND PAYCHECKS.

3 days ago
11/16/08
Dajuisher -

Her baloon knot was wrecked by someone. 

I’d like to imagine. Please describe in great detail.......

unzips

3 days ago
4/15/16
Winey broads.
3 days ago
7/27/13

Overly dramatic bitch, if you know so much then you should have said it before all this. No sympathy for these mega rich women who voluntarily sucked some dick to get to where they are and now want to play the strong brave victim. 

Fuck off

3 days ago
6/24/07
Long Time NoGi -

These women make it seem like they couldn't just NOT BE AN ACTRESS AND PROSTITITE THEMSELVES FOR MOVIE ROLES AND PAYCHECKS.

This. They all had the option to just walk out. But, they wanted to be “famous” so bad that they put their morals aside for a chance at fame. Everyone seems to just be glossing over this side of the story. Were the abusers disgusting individuals? Yes. But, there’s an equal amount of culpability that lies with the acusers.

3 days ago
10/5/04

Exactly Hilldo.

Exactly how this type of sexual assualt happens. 

Men with power and influence over young and impresionable women, using that power and influence to pressure young "innocent" (new/virgin to the film industry) women into making bad decisions.

3 days ago
1/1/01
She starred in a lot of Harveys films lol
3 days ago
9/4/08

That interview is her best performance to date.

3 days ago
4/3/08

Many of these broads are just outing themselves. May as well hold a sign that says "I sucked dick for a career"

3 days ago
6/29/09
kinson - 
MMA Newbie -

Your response fills a little cold but makes some sense. 

Yup. You made a business decision and now, after reaping tons of benefits for years, want to jump on your moral high horse....only because someone else went first and its now the cool thing to do.

Fuck off
3 days ago
1/1/01
So brave
3 days ago
6/26/06
So she never said a word about it, and now she'll continue not saying anything until "she's less angry"?

So brave.
3 days ago
8/10/05
Long Time NoGi - 

I bet it really does seem that simple in your brain.