OtherGround Forums Was I wrong for this?

7 days ago
12/13/15

So a few days ago, I was driving in my neighborhood. Nice suburban area, average home probably costs $300-400k. Anyway, so I'm driving going 33 MPH tops in a 30 zone. As I'm driving and the road is curved, some assholes is pulling out of his driveway because he couldn't see me coming out of the curved part of the road. By the time I realized he wasn't going to stop, I decide to keep going because backing up or stopping at that point would be dumb and take longer. As I drive past, this guy honks at me. I honk back and think nothing of it.

The dude fucking follows me to my house a block away. As I get out, I ask him "did you seriously follow me home? You honked at me and I simply honked back..". The guy says it's because I'm "flying" down the road. Clearly aggravated, I tell him that I was watching my speed going no faster than 35 mph. The guy gets somewhat angry and I start to yell back and tell him to go see a fucking counselor because your a grown man, following another grown man home because he honked back at you. I explained that he was too immature to be objective and realize he was the one who didn't see me coming. Told him he has to yield to me as he is pulling out of his driveway.

He goes on to ask me why am I raising my voice if I'm not in the wrong. I told him because he fucking followed me home and if he steps foot on my property in a threatening way that I will shoot him. His wife, clearly embarrassed at her husband's complete lack of accountability and childishness, is sitting low in her seat not looking at anyone. He eventually leaves and I went about my day. This guy was much older and smaller than me. Prob 50-55 years old and I'm around 30.

Question is, was I in the wrong for the shooting comment? The reason I said it is because I have kids and I don't want him getting weird and pulling any dumb shit at my house. I think many times people like that are so insecure and inconsiderate, they never want to be accountable for their mistakes and thus always blame others. Still, I think I may have taken it too far with the shooting comment, but the guy did follow me home because I honked at him. I take that as somewhat threatening.

Thoughts?

7 days ago
12/22/10

You're a pussy for not raping him in your driveway. 

7 days ago
11/19/05

yEA, i WAS WITH YOU UP UNTIL THAT POINT. THOUGHT YOU HANDLED IT WELL UNTIL THEN. iN MY BRAIN I SAID, "WHAT A FAGGOT' AT READINGTHAT PART.

7 days ago
8/19/06

I don’t have a problem with it. 

7 days ago
5/28/12
Fighting -

yEA, i WAS WITH YOU UP UNTIL THAT POINT. THOUGHT YOU HANDLED IT WELL UNTIL THEN. iN MY BRAIN I SAID, "WHAT A FAGGOT' AT READINGTHAT PART.

Pretty much this but with better spelling and punctuation

7 days ago
12/13/15
kkmmnn -
Fighting -

Pretty much this but with better spelling and punctuation

Lol

7 days ago
4/19/09

He probably didn’t take you seriously. Would have been much more convincing and would’ve let him know you meant business had you shot the wife. 

7 days ago
4/18/06
Fighting -

Except for the caps, I agree with this dude. That's some dumb shit in any conversation. 

7 days ago
7/12/03

You should have shot him right there just to get it over with in case he decided to come back later. Also the wife because she is a witness.

7 days ago
12/13/15
Surgeon308 -
Fighting -

Except for the caps, I agree with this dude. That's some dumb shit in any conversation. 

Yeah, I get it and all. But the dude followed me home, aggressively yelled when I got out the car. I mean, it's obvious I regret it. But the guy had to realize you don't do that shit. He needed to know that he was taking it too far over something stupid and that I'm not going to play around with people acting aggressive on my property, ya know?

7 days ago
8/16/11

Yes.

7 days ago
3/19/04
McGregors Acne Scars -
Surgeon308 -
Fighting -

Yeah, I get it and all. But the dude followed me home, aggressively yelled when I got out the car. I mean, it's obvious I regret it. But the guy had to realize you don't do that shit. He needed to know that he was taking it too far over something stupid and that I'm not going to play around with people acting aggressive on my property, ya know?

Lighten up, Francis.

7 days ago
10/14/17

Handled that shit like a normal man would. 

Especially when you have a wife and kids inside with the way the world is nowadays. 

Nothing to feel bad about. 

7 days ago
9/24/07

That's making a terroristic threat, and technically (depending on your state and local laws) a crime. He made no actions that could be considered a threat to your life or well-being. Being an asshole isn't enough these days. 

He was in the wrong, no doubt, but you could be seen as escalating the situation. Best not to make a specific threat like that in the future, for your own protection. 

7 days ago
10/10/06

I don't know if you're wrong or not, but your definitely a pussy

7 days ago
6/18/09

People that speed through my neighborhood can eat my nuts.

7 days ago
2/25/03

Um, threatening to shoot the guy was a bit over the top.

7 days ago
12/2/05
b.d. -

That's making a terroristic threat, and technically (depending on your state and local laws) a crime. He made no actions that could be considered a threat to your life or well-being. Being an asshole isn't enough these days. 

He was in the wrong, no doubt, but you could be seen as escalating the situation. Best not to make a specific threat like that in the future, for your own protection. 

He said if threatened he would shoot him. Not a crime. 

7 days ago
1/1/01

I find it odd that it even crossed your mind to say that. That thought wouldn’t have entered into my head and I usually carry a gun. I def would have said if he stepped in my yard that I’d beat his ass, but saying you’d shoot him just makes me think you were scared of him and the situation and you overreacted.

7 days ago
8/28/17

When I notice someone is following me I never go to my home, and I don’t have kids to protect

7 days ago
3/31/14

I have a gun an will shoot you!  Haha you must of been pretty intimidated by old mate. It sounds like a bit of a bitch move 

7 days ago
5/30/03
Fake Pie -
b.d. -

Can you really shoot someone for feeling threatened? Don't you have to be in fear of your life? 

7 days ago
8/25/15

7 days ago
8/25/15
ABCTT_delinodeshields -

you weren't wrong, but you're a liar and none of this happened.

7 days ago
2/25/03
The Maestro - 
Fake Pie -
b.d. -

Can you really shoot someone for feeling threatened? Don't you have to be in fear of your life? 

Depends on the state, but you can shoot someone if you have "reasonable" fear that you or a loved one are in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. Someone threatening you with harm and coming on to your property towards you could possibly check the box for the "reasonable" standard.