OtherGround Forums What do you think is biggest problem with the OG?

26 days ago
6/3/03

Gentleman, we have a problem; the OG is dying. 

Years ago, you could hardly keep up with the amount of great threads that were created in rapid succession, day and night on the OG. Now I see the same threads day after day with little to no movement/replies and it really is shocking how far the OG has fallen. 

So, how do we fix this and make the OG great again? Well, the first step to solving an issue is identifying it, so what do you think is the biggest problem the OG is facing? This will be a great thread to enumerate the most pressing issues the forum is facing and will be a great way for Kirik and top men to take a cold, hard look at the biggest problems facing this place from a customer perspective. 

So, what do you guys think is the biggest issue with the OG?

Too many trolls? Too many technical issues/ads? Lack of accountability for members/not enough mods taking action? App functionality? 

Cmon, OG, let’s lay it all out there so we can resuscitate the OG!!!

26 days ago
2/16/05

Ban all the paid maga posters. 

26 days ago
9/4/17

You

26 days ago
9/4/17

But seriously I would say doxing. People don't want to share anymore. 

26 days ago
1/13/04
William H Muncy - 

You

Why? Cause Nite is White?
26 days ago
9/4/17
Graduate1 -
William H Muncy - 

You

I actually enjoy nitecrawler. He's a good dude. 

26 days ago
6/3/03
William H Muncy -

Good point. The OG used to have a lot of people sharing personal shit which led to a very interesting and close knit community. Then people started to have the OG bleed into their personal life and that ended that quickly. 

However, would it be fair to say that most doxxing came from the trolls?

26 days ago
6/3/03
William H Muncy -
Graduate1 -
William H Muncy - 

You

26 days ago
11/19/05

I stopped posting much when it just got to be snarky and trolls abound. Couple that with my waining interest in mma. Meh.

26 days ago
8/1/13
William H Muncy -
Graduate1 -
William H Muncy - 

You

Munce and Crawler are two of the best on the OG.

26 days ago
8/1/13

I would say people taking things too personally. I may be a partisan, but I would have beers with pretty much everyone on the OG, including you lefties, sans a few who are hopeless. It's never personal to me, unless you attack my family.

26 days ago
7/24/07

Pedro...

26 days ago
12/23/08

Everything being racial or political is pretty annoying.

You could have a thread about Russell Westbrook having another triple double and some asshole will say something stupid like “It’s the white man’s fault” or “It’s Trump’s fault.”

The sad part is that in their minds they think they are being clever and original, while there are twenty other idiots saying the same old thing in other random threads.

26 days ago
12/4/18

After blade brown was banned it was never the same 

26 days ago
8/31/12
Hocky -

You could have a thread about Russell Westbrook having another triple double and some asshole will say something stupid like “It’s the white man’s fault” or “It’s Trump’s fault.”

The sad part is that in their minds they think they are being clever and original, while there are twenty other idiots saying the same old thing in other random threads.

Yep. Politics and Racial shit. Pretty much why I hardly find myself on the OG these days. 

26 days ago
6/3/03
Fighting -

I stopped posting much when it just got to be snarky and trolls abound. Couple that with my waining interest in mma. Meh.

That’s a fair point, perhaps many of the older members that made this place interesting maybe “Aged out” of the OG? However, I would think that at least some of the newer members would have picked up the slack so I don’t think that really explains why this place is dying. 

26 days ago
7/4/09

Change the format to incentivise great content. Program Great content floats to the top like reddit.

Reward great posters through money. Great threads - lots of views. Let the person who started the thread have a small portion of add revenue- like 1%.

Use a block chain solution like Basic attention token to pay users.

Become a brave.com publisher, and use funds to make website more robust.

26 days ago
3/7/07

Used to come here and feel happier after I left. Now it’s the opposite. Not enough funny and too much political/social arguing. 

I mean, it’s not rocket science. The people that thrive on the negativity and drama always pop up to say that isn’t the problem, but it’s the fucking problem. How many times do people have to repeat it. 

26 days ago
6/27/09

Once Calo and fight gifs were banned this place took a nose dive. Couple that with the weekly "Thread not found/deleted" and people just don't feel like coming back.

26 days ago
7/4/09

This places community and content are the most unique on the internet, and histerical. I would argur the user content generated here with an incentivised format could skyrocket in popularity.

26 days ago
6/3/03
Come Honor Face -
Hocky -

Yep. Politics and Racial shit. Pretty much why I hardly find myself on the OG these days. 

While there is an over abundance of political threads on the OG I do believe that is a sign of the times as Trump and politics rule the 24 hour news cycle on most days. However, the OG always had a lot of political infighting but the threads were offset by members posting other interesting content. So while I don’t think anything can really be done about all the political shit, short of just moving everything that is slightly political to the politicsground but that comes with other challenges, I do believe we can all make a concerted effort to post more topics that are not political so we are not bogged down by all the politics. 

As far as the racial shit, I think mods are pretty quick to ice people when they cross the line. While I’m not excusing anything racial on the og I think it’s important to remember that race is a hot button issue right now and just discussing race in and of itself does not necessarily equate to a statement being “Racist” per se. 

26 days ago
5/23/07
Nitecrawler - 
Fighting -

That’s a fair point, perhaps many of the older members that made this place interesting maybe “Aged out” of the OG? However, I would think that at least some of the newer members would have picked up the slack so I don’t think that really explains why this place is dying. 

seems a good portion of the newer members either suck or are just old posters that got banned for being trolls (mostly this)

there's still a lot of good posters here but not nearly as many as there used to be.
Edited: 26 days ago
6/20/13

The website is a malware infested and the app is unusable garbage. I can only browse on mobile with brave browser and all the shields turned on, but then i can't view media. I disabled shields to try to watch the book store interruption video and immediately i got uncloseable popups with vibrations congratulating me for winning an iphone. And the ads. Like...i get it. Revenue. But could you maybe crank the knob from 11 down to 8?

Also, voting. Were all dudes on here. Dudes are competitive. 

Finally, loser weebos making multiple accounts and spamming their holier-than-thou puke. It's frustrating when i cant tell the difference between an entitled, obsessed incel and a troll. 

26 days ago
9/4/17
Nitecrawler -
William H Muncy -

Good point. The OG used to have a lot of people sharing personal shit which led to a very interesting and close knit community. Then people started to have the OG bleed into their personal life and that ended that quickly. 

However, would it be fair to say that most doxxing came from the trolls?

Definitely fair. I think that regular posters get into arguments and then take it too far also. I put all my personal info out years ago to avoid that shit. Plus idgaf lol 

26 days ago
9/4/17

Also I miss chesty