OtherGround Forums White Live Matter march.

Edited: 7 days ago
6/28/10

This should be an interesting school year.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/torch-wielding-white-nationalists-march-university-virginia-ahead-064005405--abc-news-topstories.html

White nationalists holding tiki torches marched Friday night through the University of Virginia in Charlottesville ahead of Saturday's far-right Unite the Right rally.

Chanting "white lives matter," "you will not replace us," and the Nazi-associated phrase "blood and soil," some of the white nationalists engaged with counterprotesters and scuffles broke out.

Police arrived on campus, declared it an unlawful assembly, and ordered the crowds to disperse.

It is unclear if anyone was injured or arrested.

Teresa A. Sullivan, president of the University of Virginia, said in a statement Friday, "I am deeply saddened and disturbed by the hateful behavior displayed by torch-bearing protestors that marched on our Grounds this evening. I strongly condemn the unprovoked assault on members of our community, including University personnel who were attempting to maintain order."

Sullivan added, "Law enforcement continues to investigate the incident, and it is my hope that any individuals responsible for criminal acts are held accountable. The violence displayed on Grounds is intolerable and is entirely inconsistent with the University’s values."

Charlottesville mayor Mike Signer said in a statement of the torch-bearing white nationalists, "I have seen tonight the images of torches on the Grounds of the University of Virginia. When I think of torches, I want to think of the Statue of Liberty. When I think of candelight, I want to think of prayer vigils. Today, in 2017, we are instead seeing a cowardly parade of hatred, bigotry, racism, and intolerance march down the lawns of the architect of our Bill of Rights ... I am beyond disgusted by this unsanctioned and despicable display of visual intimidation on a college campus."

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, chimed in, tweeting of the torch-bearing white nationalists, "their ideas are fueled by hate & have no place in civil society."

The Unite the Right rally, slated to take place in McIntire Park, is in part a response to the city's decision to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee from a municipal park. A judge on Friday ruled that the rally could continue at the permitted location, even though the city had asked it be moved to a larger venue.

Virignia governor Terry McAuliffe said he finds the rally "abhorrent."

In a statement Friday he said, "Many of the individuals coming to Charlottesville tomorrow are doing so in order to express viewpoints many people, including me, find abhorrent. As long as that expression is peaceful, that is their right. But it is also the right of every American to deny those ideas more attention than they deserve."

And the Anti-Defamation League said the rally is "the latest indication that the darkest corners of society are emboldened to come forward and openly parade their bigotry on main street. Hate has no place in our communities.

7 days ago
6/28/10

7 days ago
6/28/10

Edited: 7 days ago
4/25/13

The problem is this whole BLM made it into a us vs them thing. People were called racist for saying all lives matter or any other race. This will be considered racist even though it is in defense of the BLM movement. Sure it is possible some are complete racists just like on BLM but I would think most are angry about being marginalized. Heck just listen to their chant " you will not replace us". The far left can only crush the races and sexes they feel are unworthy so long before they fight back.

7 days ago
12/24/10

So when white lives matter its racisit? I think both sides are a bunch of retards but you cant have it both ways

7 days ago
2/12/17
"White lives matters march" aka 6 guys marching through campus without incident. Compared to black lives matters, thousands of people burning down entire neighborhoods and assaulting people.
7 days ago
3/6/06
BrckNoHitBk - 

7 days ago
3/6/06
phatcat - 

So when white lives matter its racisit? I think both sides are a bunch of retards but you cant have it both ways

Of course you can, you're comparing apples and oranges.

7 days ago
9/14/04

When the left insists on pushing identity politics and grouping people into colors and races instead of thinking of people as individuals this is just one of the unintended consequences. 

7 days ago
10/4/14
RenzoStudent2004 - "White lives matters march" aka 6 guys marching through campus without incident. Compared to black lives matters, thousands of people burning down entire neighborhoods and assaulting people.

Well, there was an incident and there was way more than 6 guys carrying torches marching. But I get what you're saying. 

7 days ago
7/6/11

7 days ago
7/6/11

The town is on edge. Businesses are closing early in case shit pops off. I live on the downtown mall a couple blocks from the park. Should be interesting. 

7 days ago
4/19/17
CvilleMMA -

The town is on edge. Businesses are closing early in case shit pops off. I live on the downtown mall a couple blocks from the park. Should be interesting. 

Are they worried about all of the money the WLM people will spend at the surrounding stores with their parents credit cards? Or scared of the peaceful WLM people sipping lattes and quoting Lady Gaga?

Or they could burn their own city, vandalism, rapes, murders, riots, kill their own.....Like a BLM protest.
7 days ago
5/16/10
What's the difference between this group and a BLM group, besides one getting no push back and the other being called racist ? I might have missed something but are White ppl the only group that can be racist ? And everyone else just voicing their freedom of speech.

It would Be nice if these idiots realized this insane view of the world led us to the predicament we're in and either get their shit together or at least everyone else starts ignoring them.
7 days ago
6/28/10
haya1340 - What's the difference between this group and a BLM group, besides one getting no push back and the other being called racist ? I might have missed something but are White ppl the only group that can be racist ? And everyone else just voicing their freedom of speech.

It would Be nice if these idiots realized this insane view of the world led us to the predicament we're in and either get their shit together or at least everyone else starts ignoring them.

You just realized only whites can be racist?

7 days ago
1/1/01
haya1340 - What's the difference between this group and a BLM group, besides one getting no push back and the other being called racist ? I might have missed something but are White ppl the only group that can be racist ? And everyone else just voicing their freedom of speech.

One is relevant because they keep getting shot by cops; the other is a tantrum by people who are angry at the first group's name.

Both are stupid, but one is clearly worse than the other because it only exists as a childish reaction to another group.
7 days ago
10/16/10
KDK1CallingKDK12 - 

When the left insists on pushing identity politics and grouping people into colors and races instead of thinking of people as individuals this is just one of the unintended consequences. 

This. Congratulations! Identity politics works.
7 days ago
10/18/14
Pura Vida -
phatcat - 

Of course you can, you're comparing apples and oranges.

do you believe that white lives matter?

7 days ago
2/4/06
Slow down guys... these ARE legit white nationalists. I hope shit pops off and them and BLM destroy each other.
7 days ago
6/28/10
Bovine Defenestration -

One is relevant because they keep getting shot by cops; the other is a tantrum by people who are angry at the first group's name.

Both are stupid, but one is clearly worse than the other because it only exists as a childish reaction to another group.

"Both are stupid, but one is clearly worse than the other because it only exists as a childish reaction to another group."

lol

7 days ago
6/28/10
Ebony - Slow down guys... these ARE legit white nationalists. I hope shit pops off and them and BLM destroy each other.

And BLM are upstanding citizens that gather to have peaceful protests?

7 days ago
4/22/17
Bovine Defenestration -

Who keeps getting shot by cops? Are blacks getting shot by cops at higher rates than whites? I think what you meant to say is one group keeps shooting cops. Plus the riots, arson, looting and so on. And this is the group you claim is better? Are you fucking retarded? 

7 days ago
4/26/17

7 days ago
2/4/06
BrckNoHitBk -
Ebony - Slow down guys... these ARE legit white nationalists. I hope shit pops off and them and BLM destroy each other.

And BLM are upstanding citizens that gather to have peaceful protests?

Didn't I just say I hope they destroy each other?
7 days ago
7/6/11
Lights Out Lurker -
CvilleMMA -

Are they worried about all of the money the WLM people will spend at the surrounding stores with their parents credit cards? Or scared of the peaceful WLM people sipping lattes and quoting Lady Gaga?

Or they could burn their own city, vandalism, rapes, murders, riots, kill their own.....Like a BLM protest.

Actually worried the far left turning it from peaceful to violence. UVA is hosting a bunch of events to try to encourage people from doing something else and not being involved in anti protest.