OtherGround Forums Who Has The Greatest Military Might? USA or RUSSIA

6 days ago
2/14/11

I see so many different stories regarding both sides’ military prowess I genuinely don’t know who is the strongest on paper.

Thoughts?

5 days ago
8/16/11

No reasonable person over age 14 doesn’t know the answer to this “question”.

5 days ago
2/14/11
Donkey Hotee -

5 days ago
11/20/12

If Russia tought they could hang with USA they would have done something last night. They ended up moving out their war ships from ports in Syria to avoid collateral damage. They let their ally get bombed. They know who has the greatest military at this time.

5 days ago
6/3/03
Donkey Hotee -

This. 

5 days ago
2/13/14

A daft question. 

5 days ago
4/12/11

Putin masterbates to pictures of US carrier battle groups. And so do I for that matter.

5 days ago
7/1/15

Russia is overrated. China is the one you gotta worry about 

5 days ago
4/12/11

2017 military budgets

Russia 70 billion US dollars

US 698 billion US dollars

Canada (my piss ass country) 22 billion US 

5 days ago
8/16/11
Boner McGregor -
Donkey Hotee -

Will be 14 in dog years tomorrow.

5 days ago
12/19/10
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

I'd like to take a different approach to this. I'm thinking that atleast 400billion of the US budget ends up lining peoples pockets, paying other governments, giving people lavish holidays and retirement plans and every other non military hardware expenditure under the sun.

Russia on the other hand are eating lean and staying mean. The entire government and infrastructure is being run like a special forces operation with Putin at the head.

Obviously USA are the biggest dick swingers but I don't think the comparison in budget really states the entire truth of the matter.

5 days ago
5/10/08
SpartaKick - 
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

I'd like to take a different approach to this. I'm thinking that atleast 400billion of the US budget ends up lining peoples pockets, paying other governments, giving people lavish holidays and retirement plans and every other non military hardware expenditure under the sun.

Russia on the other hand are eating lean and staying mean. The entire government and infrastructure is being run like a special forces operation with Putin at the head.

Obviously USA are the biggest dick swingers but I don't think the comparison in budget really states the entire truth of the matter.

This.  Biggest entitlement in the history of mankind.

5 days ago
8/16/11
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

Lol

5 days ago
4/12/11
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

So you are saying Russia is not susceptible to corruption. Jesus man they are the world leaders in cheating and corruption. 

5 days ago
8/16/11

Obviously there is waste and graft in the defense budget, but there is also a lot of money that is spent on weapons and military training that isn’t in the publicized defense budget.

It probably more than balances out the waste and graft.

5 days ago
12/19/10
BubblesNS -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

So you are saying Russia is not susceptible to corruption. Jesus man they are the world leaders in cheating and corruption. 

Did I say that? I didn't say that at all.

If you look at the situation Russia doesn't have to waste a heap of time and spend a heap money putting on a front and playing smoke and mirrors to appease the general public. Thats a heap of baggage they don't have to carry like the US does.

Edited: 5 days ago
1/1/01
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

If you look at the situation Russia doesn't have to waste a heap of time and spend a heap money putting on a front and playing smoke and mirrors to appease the general public. Thats a heap of baggage they don't have to carry like the US does.

If you think Russian officials and military commanders aren’t lining their pockets at the same, or most likely a far greater rate than anyone in the US then I have a bridge to sell you on the cheap. 

And the quality of stuff the US gets for those tons and tons of $$ puts Russian stuff to shame so we’re getting a bigger bang for the buck. 

The whole comparison is laughable. The ONLY thing Russia has to give them an edge are nukes. Their military is a shadow of its former self. 

5 days ago
11/15/07

It isn't even close. The U.S. is strongest everywhere. Compare Navies alone. 

12/19/10
pfsjkd -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

If you think Russian officials and military commanders aren’t lining their pockets at the same, or most likely a far greater rate than anyone in the US then I have a bridge to sell you on the cheap. 

And the quality of stuff the US gets for those tons and tons of $$ puts Russian stuff to shame so we’re getting a bigger bang for the buck. 

The whole comparison is laughable. The ONLY thing Russia has to give them an edge are nukes. Their military is a shadow of its former self. 

That's not the point - lining pockets is one thing but as I said, Putin is running Russia like a special forces operation compared to the USA which is "the worlds greatest army" projecting power everywhere (it obviously costs much more to do something like that). Most of the peoples pockets that are lined in Russia will no doubt be funneling the money back into Mother Russia for the greater glory.

USA are still the world's superpower but Russia are crafty motherfuckers running lean with nobaggage and project their power surgically with little to no backlash from their public to deal with.

5 days ago
11/4/10
SpartaKick -
pfsjkd -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

That's not the point - lining pockets is one thing but as I said, Putin is running Russia like a special forces operation compared to the USA which is "the worlds greatest army" projecting power everywhere (it obviously costs much more to do something like that). Most of the peoples pockets that are lined in Russia will no doubt be funneling the money back into Mother Russia for the greater glory.

USA are still the world's superpower but Russia are crafty motherfuckers running lean with no baggage and project their power surgically with no little to no backlash from their public to deal with.

This is a post from Sagiv on another thread about the Russian military:

The Russian military is in a sad state of affairs for several reasons. Their production methods are pretty terrible and they rely on a lot of strategically valuable weapons elements from countries who aren't necessarily huge fans of theirs, like Ukraine.

But in my opinion the biggest weakness in the Russian military is that they have no NCO cadre to speak of. The NCO corps is the backbone of any modern military worth a damn, and the Russian military is very officer-heavy and they lack any sort of small unit leadership. It was called "a spineless army" by one of their own retired Generals.

The Russians have acknowledged that this is a critical problem but they haven't been able to successfully address the issue. One of their failed strategies was to demote officers so that they can fill Sergeants billets.

This as opposed to China, who has spent the last decade successfully developing a western-style NCO corps.

5 days ago
12/19/10
KZTT_MMAfan55 -
SpartaKick -
pfsjkd -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

USA are still the world's superpower but Russia are crafty motherfuckers running lean with no baggage and project their power surgically with no little to no backlash from their public to deal with.

The Russian military is in a sad state of affairs for several reasons. Their production methods are pretty terrible and they rely on a lot of strategically valuable weapons elements from countries who aren't necessarily huge fans of theirs, like Ukraine.

But in my opinion the biggest weakness in the Russian military is that they have no NCO cadre to speak of. The NCO corps is the backbone of any modern military worth a damn, and the Russian military is very officer-heavy and they lack any sort of small unit leadership. It was called "a spineless army" by one of their own retired Generals.

The Russians have acknowledged that this is a critical problem but they haven't been able to successfully address the issue. One of their failed strategies was to demote officers so that they can fill Sergeants billets.

This as opposed to China, who has spent the last decade successfully developing a western-style NCO corps.

Yeah that can be quite true. But I'm emphesising 'special forces operation' meaning they probably aren't focusing on NCO corps - whats the point? It's just extra baggage and expenditure they could do without right now.

The are focusing on what they can do best. And you know what, they are more or less allies of China - who knows what type of stuff they have been working on together behind the scenes?

5 days ago
8/16/11
SpartaKick -
KZTT_MMAfan55 -
SpartaKick -
pfsjkd -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

Yeah that can be quite true. But I'm emphesising 'special forces operation' meaning they probably aren't focusing on NCO corps - whats the point? It's just extra baggage and expenditure they could do without right now.

The are focusing on what they can do best. And you know what, they are more or less allies of China - who knows what type of stuff they have been working on together behind the scenes?

Wut 

4/25/13

The only russian carrier. A few months ago it broke down on the way to Syria and needed tug boats.

America has many carriers but this is the newest.

5 days ago
4/12/11
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

You dont have to say it when you imply it. Also, did you read the part about TEN TIMES THE BUDGET!  The only thing the russians are world leaders in is swindling old ladies out of their money with email scams. 

5 days ago
4/12/11
SpartaKick -
KZTT_MMAfan55 -
SpartaKick -
pfsjkd -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -
SpartaKick -
BubblesNS -

2017 military budgets

Apparently the Russians and Chinese are in a combined effort to have 5 times fewer carriers than the US.