OtherGround Forums YouTube Cuts Business Ties With Logan Paul...

7 days ago
8/9/16

a close up of a man

YouTube has put its original projects with Logan Paul on hold following widespread criticism over a video he posted Dec. 31 that featured images of a suicide victim. 

The Google-owned streamer announced the action 11 days after the video was first published. (Paul removed it from his channel a day after he posted it after he faced a backlash over his treatment of mental health issues.)

This means that the fate of The Thinning: New World Order is in question. The film, a sequel to Paul's popular YouTube Red sci-fi thriller The Thinning, was announced in late November and was expected to drop on Red, YouTube's ad-free subscription streaming service, later this year. 

Paul will also not appear in the upcoming fourth season of Red comedy Foursome, in which he starred as the older brother of Jenn McAllister's Andie. Season three premiered on Nov. 1. 

Further, YouTube has decided to remove Paul from its Google Preferred program, which gives brands the ability to sell ads on the top 5 percent of creators on the platform. 

"In light of recent events, we have decided to remove Logan Paul’s channels from Google Preferred," reads the full statement from a YouTube spokeswoman. "Additionally,  we will not feature Logan in season 4 of ‘Foursome’ and his new Originals are on hold."

Paul's video, filmed in Japan's Aokigahara Forest, showed the body of a man who had committed suicide, though the face was blurred. A number of well-known people, including Aaron Paul (no relation to Logan Paul) spoke out on Twitter against the video. 

Paul deleted the video and issued two apologies before announcing plans to suspend his vlog temporarily so he could "take time to reflect." 

At the time, YouTube released a statement indicating that Paul's video had violated its policies. "Our hearts go out to the family of the person featured in the video," the company said. "YouTube prohibits violent or gory content posted in a shocking, sensational or disrespectful manner. If a video is graphic, it ca only remain on the site when supported by appropriate educational or documentary information and in some cases it will be age-gated. We partner with safety groups such as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline to provide educational resources that are incorporated in our YouTube Safety Center." 

YouTube also gave Paul's channel, which has 15 million subscribers, received a strike. Three strikes, received when violating a YouTube policy, within a three-month period will cause YouTube to terminate an account. 

But some of the YouTube community felt that YouTube hadn't done enough. The service released a new statement on Jan. 9 noting, "Many of you have been frustrated with our lack of communication recently. You're right to be. You deserve to know what's going on." 

The statement continued, "Like many others, we were upset by the video that was shared last week. Suicide is not a joke, not should it ever be a driving force for views." 

The company then indicated that it would look at "further consequences" and would share more soon about "steps we're taking to ensure a video like this is never circulated again."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/youtube-cuts-business-ties-with-logan-paul-puts-the-thinning-sequel-on-hold/ar-BBIdOix?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

7 days ago
8/9/16

too bad jerry seinfeld GIF

7 days ago
8/9/16

Honestly though, that sucks for him... I know that he has tons of money but to lose his dealings with youtube like that when he was raking in the cash, that's a bummer...

I wonder if this will boost his brand in the long run... A lot more people know his name now...

7 days ago
9/19/16

Only in this fucked up ass backward society we're living in could I ever defend this fuckin faggot. 

7 days ago
3/21/12
Who?
7 days ago
6/17/11

I’m embarrassed for the world

anyone ‘upset’ at that video should’ve been culled 

7 days ago
4/22/03

Majority of normal people didn't even know he existed until this controversy. Unless he has some other platform, he no longer exists. 

7 days ago
2/23/14
mihow -

I don't get offended that easily as I have a sick sense of humor but there's another video of him running around Japan in a kimono and being obnoxious to civilians that made me cringe the whole time. them japs probably think Americans are retards because of this fuckhead.
fuck this kid

link:
https://youtu.be/9EXv89uYFbI
7 days ago
8/9/16
Dajuisher -

Majority of normal people didn't even know he existed until this controversy. Unless he has some other platform, he no longer exists. 

I knew who he was, or I recognized him at least from the guy who did the splits but I had no idea he was as wealthy as he was or how popular on YouTube he was...
7 days ago
1/13/13

Lol at Aaron Paul. Played a heroin addict meth cooking murderer. Stfu pussy

7 days ago
2/7/12

Who the fook is that guy? 

Seriouslly, who is he Jesse pinkmans downy brother?

7 days ago
1/13/11
mihow -

There’s a great double conjunction, shouldn’t’ve, I like to show horn it into conversations.  Catch ya later, let’s have some laughs.  

7 days ago
8/9/16
GeorgesRiddumRushedmyBumhole -
mihow -

I don't get offended that easily as I have a sick sense of humor but there's another video of him running around Japan in a kimono and being obnoxious to civilians that made me cringe the whole time. them japs probably think Americans are retards because of this fuckhead.
fuck this kid

link:
https://youtu.be/9EXv89uYFbI

7 days ago
1/1/01
"Majority of normal people didn't even know he existed until this controversy. Unless he has some other platform, he no longer exists."

Yeah. Never heard of him. Even the gossipy, internetty-type people I know never mentioned him. Visually, from those pics, he looks like he'd be a dickhead.
7 days ago
4/17/13
Never seen him before. Never heard his name.
7 days ago
2/28/13

Weird because Vice has a documentary on YouTube about suicide forest that shows a dead body hanging from a  tree and a skeleton still wearing a pair of shoes 

7 days ago
8/9/16
YaoMingia -

Weird because Vice has a documentary on YouTube about suicide forest that shows a dead body hanging from a  tree and a skeleton still wearing a pair of shoes 

Maybe it's because of his demographic, mostly tweens and teens... And vice is more Adult oriented.... I don't know though...

I think it's a trip because, I think but not 100% sure , he made $14 million last year on YouTube... So that sucks to get dropped like that...
7 days ago
4/15/16
What fuck heads are demanding YouTube does more to punish him?

Someone has so little going on in their life that their writing YouTube, upset about a vlogger, demanding he be punished?

The world is doomed.
7 days ago
5/14/13
YaoMingia -

They will have been added for dramatic value. Do you honestly think they'd leave a body there for so long it could decompose that much?
7 days ago
5/14/13
Hashtag - What fuck heads are demanding YouTube does more to punish him?

Someone has so little going on in their life that their writing YouTube, upset about a vlogger, demanding he be punished?

The world is doomed.
I think it's the double standard. Pewdiepie said nigger - once, and lost so much more.

Logan films a dead body, makes jokes about it, disrespects an entire nation, and gets put on the trending tab, to have the platform say 'we're looking into it, and doing all we can to prevent this happening again.'
7 days ago
2/28/13

Who's they? People go in the forest alone to kill themselves. The documentary follows the forest ranger who routinely finds dead bodies and skeletons throughout the forest 

7 days ago
8/20/03
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
YaoMingia -

Maybe it's because of his demographic, mostly tweens and teens... And vice is more Adult oriented.... I don't know though...

I think it's a trip because, I think but not 100% sure , he made $14 million last year on YouTube... So that sucks to get dropped like that...

14 million on YouTube?

Doing what?

7 days ago
8/9/16
CaptainNemo -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
YaoMingia -

14 million on YouTube?

Doing what?

His videos... I'm not sure on the exact number but I think it's up there...
He has deals with YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, advertisements etc... All kinds of shit...
It's a trip...
7 days ago
8/9/16
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
CaptainNemo -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
YaoMingia -

14 million on YouTube?

Doing what?

His videos... I'm not sure on the exact number but I think it's up there...
He has deals with YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, advertisements etc... All kinds of shit...
It's a trip...
Just looked it up on YouTube and he has about 15.75 million subscribers...
That's a lot...

I don't know what it was before the suicide video though...
7 days ago
5/14/13
YaoMingia -

Who's they? People go in the forest alone to kill themselves. The documentary follows the forest ranger who routinely finds dead bodies and skeletons throughout the forest 

The 'dead bodies'.

Given someone is found approximately every 4 days, I'm sure bodies will be left for that long.

Not like vice has ever exaggerated anything before.