OtherGround Forums comey confirms IC under obama illegally spied

3/20/17 11:57 AM
8/6/08
yes, its permissible for the IC to "tap" communications by foreign agents even when they are communicating with american citizens. But when that happens, the identity of the american citizen is supposed to be "masked". The reason for this, is the same reason why the IC cannot "wiretap" or spy on an american citizen generally (i.e. the 4th amendment). In other words, when congress gave the authority to the IC to spy on foreign agents, this was NOT an exception to 4th amendment protections.

Despite this, Comey confirmed that at least 1 of 20 people that have the authority to unmask (all Obama appointees, directly or indirectly), violated these privacy protections by identifying flynn and then leaking that to the press.

So for all of those that were trying so desperately hard to turn this whole issue into a semantics debate on whether obama climbed trump tower and bugged him, you have missed the point. the IC under the obama administration violated the 4th amendment and spied on an american citizen and the worst part of it is that they didnt even do it to stop some crime or for national security purposes, it was purely for political purposes. scary.
3/20/17 11:58 AM
3/5/17

*facepalm*

3/20/17 11:58 AM
1/1/01
Constitution....schmonstitution!
3/20/17 11:59 AM
11/26/08

Orcus told me this was a lie? What kinda game you playing? 

3/20/17 12:05 PM
8/6/08
Crisco - 

Orcus told me this was a lie? What kinda game you playing? 

hes playing the same game CNN and the MSM is playing. they take a myopic view of trumps tweet and turn the entire story into whether obama climbed Trump Tower and bugged trump when the real story is whether the government under obama illegally spied and violated the 4th amendment rights on american citizens for the purpose not to catch a crime or to protect our country from foreign invaders, but rather to hurt the opposing party's president.
3/20/17 12:14 PM
2/9/14
ttt
3/20/17 12:26 PM
8/31/10

This thread seems misguided.

3/20/17 12:31 PM
11/30/12

In other words, they didn't tap anyone related to Trump? 

3/20/17 12:33 PM
1/1/01

Comney: Trump is working for Putin, not the United States

The OG: I'm more concerned with what the last administration did...

3/20/17 12:35 PM
8/6/08
Jackmerius Tacktheritrix - 

no, you need a warrant to do that. but obama has used several backdoor methods around this including picking up communications between foreign agents and US citizens and also utilizing foreign ally intelligence on US citizens
1/1/01

I kind of feel bad for OP he tries so hard.  Sorry OP Trump will never love you the same way you love him.  :( 

Edited: 3/20/17 12:36 PM
5/5/07

Didn't bother reading but OP is legitimately retarded

either that or he's Sean spicer .   Leaning towards retarded 

11/29/11

Picturing obama climbing the tower like mission Impossible is pretty funny tho. Probably peeping some ivanka. His cell phone rings and it's Michelle and he sends her to voicemail. Lol 

2/11/03
sad thread is sad
3/20/17 12:36 PM
8/6/08
Pratty - 

Comney: Trump is working for Putin, not the United States

The OG: I'm more concerned with what the last administration did...

oh right..comey said that...oh wait he didnt...hes investigating..but who cares about formalities, lets assume investigation means guilty! IMPEACH!
3/20/17 12:36 PM
8/6/08
Josh - 

I kind of feel bad for OP he tries so hard.  Sorry OP Trump will never love you the same way you love him.  :( 

do you just want to be a douche or do you want to respond intelligently on where i am wrong?
3/20/17 12:37 PM
1/1/01
gokudamus - 

no, you need a warrant to do that. but obama has used several backdoor methods around this including picking up communications between foreign agents and US citizens and also utilizing foreign ally intelligence on US citizens

so he taps russian phones and according to you if Trump's team calls them they should stop listening or that is illegal? If they don't listen to the phone calls of the Russians whats the point of doing it? 

3/5/17
gokudamus -

Obama did that?

8/6/08
Rahjai MD - 

Didn't bother reading but OP is legitimately retarded

either that or he's Sean spicer .   Leaning towards retarded 

thats right sheep. bury your head in the sand. just watch cnn in your little echo chamber. it will all be over soon babycakes
8/26/05
Mr Feet - 

*facepalm*

wow.... often it is a treat to see a first post that is a thread ender... unfortunately, in this case it is an utter fail.
3/20/17 12:38 PM
1/4/14
All that shit happened before the tweet and it would have been extremely simple for Trump to state that. Why instead did he have an investigation conducted?
3/20/17 12:38 PM
8/6/08
Josh - 
gokudamus - 

so he taps russian phones and according to you if Trump's team calls them they should stop listening or that is illegal? If they don't listen to the phone calls of the Russians whats the point of doing it? 

do you know how to read? if the IC is surveilling a foreign agent and that agent communicates with a US citizen that US citizen is entitled to privacy protections under the 4th. when they remove those privacy protections it is no better than warrantlessly spying on an american citizen. its a backdoor.
3/20/17 12:40 PM
8/6/08
Mr Feet - 
gokudamus -

Obama did that?

thats where it gets tricky. obama does not have the authority to unmask. his appointees (brennan/clapper etc) do. did obama order them to unmask or was he aware they unmasked? this will be impossible to ever prove.

What we do know is that flynn was illegally unmasked, and that info was illegally leaked. we also know he did not engage in any crimes. so what was the purpose of the unmasking and leaking? and who did that purpose benefit?
3/20/17 12:41 PM
1/1/01
gokudamus - 
Josh - 

do you just want to be a douche or do you want to respond intelligently on where i am wrong?

no not really, I find you and a few other trump nut huggers kind of funny really.......you guys do put a lot of work into it I give you credit.  Maybe later you can try explaining to me the bowling green massacre or how trump is not playing golf every weekend.  better yet how does his dick taste and post pictures please 

3/20/17 12:42 PM
8/6/08
Hammerstein - All that shit happened before the tweet and it would have been extremely simple for Trump to state that. Why instead did he have an investigation conducted?

bc trump was wrong about the wiretap most likely. he probably got it from news reports. but the flawed tweet and flawed news reports are a different story (assuming they were flawed).

the underlying issue, however, whether the obama admin violated the 4th amendment for political reasons, is still live.