UnderGround Forums AJ Agazarm Calls out Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo

6 days ago
4/26/13

https://www.flograppling.com/articles/6177947-aj-agazarm-submits-veteran-galvao-calls-out-joe-rogan

And I can't say I disagree with him.  I know AJ has a Chael Sonnen thing going on but he makes a great point.  Gordon Ryan and a lot of the other American no-gi grapplers get so much push from Rogan and Eddie Bravo, but there are a ton of (mostly Brazilian) guys that have been at the top of the grappling game, gi and no gi, for a very long time only going against top-tier competition.

Case in point, Felipe Pena.  He's beaten Gordon Ryan twice, submitting him once.  Gordon did sub some great guys at ADCC but Pena subbed freakin Buchecha before beating Gordon.  Cyborg, Keenan, Romulo, etc. can't hold a candle to Buchecha's accomplishments.  

Gordon and guys like him are amazing, but remember that there are a ton of guys out there who are on par with him but don't get hype behind them from EBI/Flograpping.  

6 days ago
4/26/13

bump

6 days ago
3/16/15

agreed

6 days ago
9/29/12

It’s not about what is best, it’s about what’s hot. 

6 days ago
1/1/01

So this guy got his feelings hurt because Joe and Eddie are not talking about him?

6 days ago
7/25/13

Agazarm always seems to piss people off, even if he has some merit to his point. 

6 days ago
4/26/13
stevekt -

So this guy got his feelings hurt because Joe and Eddie are not talking about him?

That might be part of it.  I imagine if you asked him he would say its because he's teammates with Pena, Gabriel Arges, Najmi, etc.  

6 days ago
8/6/06
stevekt -

Well, they wouldn't have been talking about him anyway, because A.J is nowhere close to being the best anything, in grappling. Felipe Pena and Buchecha, are both better than Gordon Ryan and Garry Tonon.

Edited: 6 days ago
12/5/12

So you can't be a fan and enjoy those couple of guys style etc over others. We now have to talk about everyone that grapples to not hurt their feelings? 

6 days ago
2/28/06
true
Edited: 6 days ago
10/25/05
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
stevekt -

Well, they wouldn't have been talking about him anyway, because A.J is nowhere close to being the best anything, in grappling. Felipe Pena and Buchecha, are both better than Gordon Ryan and Garry Tonon.

We do not know with any certainty that Buchecha is better that Gordon. Just Pena. 

6 days ago
2/14/11

Eddie would respond but he’s got some Flat Earth papers to finish.

6 days ago
7/28/02
Easters -

https://www.flograppling.com/articles/6177947-aj-agazarm-submits-veteran-galvao-calls-out-joe-rogan

And I can't say I disagree with him.  I know AJ has a Chael Sonnen thing going on but he makes a great point.  Gordon Ryan and a lot of the other American no-gi grapplers get so much push from Rogan and Eddie Bravo, but there are a ton of (mostly Brazilian) guys that have been at the top of the grappling game, gi and no gi, for a very long time only going against top-tier competition.

Case in point, Felipe Pena.  He's beaten Gordon Ryan twice, submitting him once.  Gordon did sub some great guys at ADCC but Pena subbed freakin Buchecha before beating Gordon.  Cyborg, Keenan, Romulo, etc. can't hold a candle to Buchecha's accomplishments.  

Gordon and guys like him are amazing, but remember that there are a ton of guys out there who are on par with him but don't get hype behind them from EBI/Flograpping.  

Felipe Pena was also popped for roids, by the way so your aurgument is a bit, tainted...

6 days ago
4/26/13
Tubarao -
Easters -

Felipe Pena was also popped for roids, by the way so your aurgument is a bit, tainted...

lol and Gordon puts on 50 lbs of muscle in two years but he’s totally clean.

6 days ago
1/1/01
Tubarao -
Easters -

Lol

6 days ago
1/1/01
Easters -
Tubarao -
Easters -

Oh snap! What's up now, puto?

5 days ago
6/20/11

Isn’t it kind of joe boosting danaher and 10th planet guys? Joe always boosts his friends.

he does it more in comedy, where he acts like guys like tony hinchcliffe are on the same level as real top comedians ..... and it got him a terrible Netflix special 

5 days ago
4/26/13
Animal Mother -
stevekt -

We do not know with any certainty that Buchecha is better that Gordon. Just Pena. 

Really?  They both won ADCC.  Gordon is only 10 world championships behind him!

5 days ago
8/19/13

Beat him 5 times in one year in wrestling...I must say this in every thread about him bc it makes me feel better about myself...lol

5 days ago
7/28/02
Easters -
Tubarao -
Easters -

You’re assuming here... a person isn’t dirty until their caught by legitamate source.

5 days ago
7/28/02
Easters -
Animal Mother -
stevekt -

Another shitty aurgument, because Gordan never compete in the mundials and just recently competed in adcc.

5 days ago
6/27/02

Eddie runs a grappling promotion... this is like calling out Dana for not talking about Michael Chandler more 

5 days ago
1/23/06
Fuckin Florida eh
5 days ago
4/26/13
Tubarao -
Easters -
Animal Mother -
stevekt -

Another shitty aurgument, because Gordan never compete in the mundials and just recently competed in adcc.

Haha so because Gordon hasn’t done the mundials we ignore buchechas victories?  That’s not how this works dude

5 days ago
8/1/09

Who cares what AJ Agazarm thinks? Why does this guy keep getting spots on all these comps?