UnderGround Forums Aaron Pico is not very good

27 days ago
4/2/13

They took this guy off the streets to fight Pico, he doesnt have a coach or training partners he came to california last week to "get some work in with live partners" 

Even being a gracie university fighter he landed shots on pico, what was VERY troublesome was the fact that pico left himself open for about 4 DEEP triangles and had lin known what he was doing he wouldve locked it in quickly

I went to bellator at MSG and told my girlfriend "we're going to see probably the last fight of arguably the greatest of all time in fedor... and the first fight of maybe one of the next all time greats in Pico!!!"

well...... about that.... not so much 

27 days ago
12/28/14

It's still to early to write pico off. Someone with his credentials, his talent, his attitude and work ethic can go very far. He's still brand new to this. Give him time

27 days ago
8/19/17

It's his second pro fight...

Way to early to judge one way or another.

27 days ago
3/6/05
Coker will bring him along well if his potential is there
27 days ago
8/18/10

He will improve quickly between each fight. Coker is also really good at developing guys. It’ll be a while before he’s fighting top competition, but he’ll be ready when the time comes. 

27 days ago
7/27/07

The dude was 7-3. He wasn't some fan they pulled out of the crowd. 

27 days ago
9/27/15
I'm not sure of his oppt tonight but Puco looked good tonight..he has pretty good hands..he looked better than Belfort when he used to throw his lorries..it's only his second fight and he's only 21 years old! I think this guy could be a superstar if he's brought up the tight way..he has the date inaction and background to go very far..plus, he's a good athlete
27 days ago
1/13/17

Haven't watched the whole fight yet. But pico still very young in age and career. One thing I saw from highlight is his hand speed on that left looked pretty awesome

27 days ago
1/1/01

Pico has but one problem... but its a big one. Defense.  He is getting hit too easilly. If he corrects this he will be a major player.

27 days ago
1/1/01

He's two fights into his career. Let's maybe give it a touch of time before writing him off.

27 days ago
4/28/15
MR31 -

Point is is that they were marketing this guy as a world beater out of the gate.
27 days ago
1/1/01

Would be great if Pico came down to Atos for a bit. If he improved his ground awareness just enough he could grind out a lot of guys.

27 days ago
1/1/01

Could definitely end up being really good, but he's not where I expected him to be given his credentials.

27 days ago
10/25/05
mada -

Could definitely end up being really good, but he's not where I expected him to be given his credentials.

What did you think he was going to look like? It’s his second fight and they gave him a guy who’s 7-3. 

27 days ago
7/19/13

Agreed. Overrated. They keep hyping him up rolling out his credentials every five seconds, but all I see is someone who gets wobbled by lesser competition every time they land. 

27 days ago
1/16/12

but but but he's an amazing boxer. Sorry boxing but jobs. It's hard to protect yourself with more realistic gloves.

Anyways i wish him the best and hope he can adapt to MMA striking because his offence is good

27 days ago
12/7/08

C'mon man. It's. His. Second. Fight. Ever.

Edited: 27 days ago
7/19/13

I think we can all agree on the fact that he shouldn't have been the biggest favorite on the card. That's two of his fights in a row that his odds have been super juiced up. They act like he's Anderson Silva or some shit. They gave him better odds than Mayweather had over McGregor. That's not close to realistic, and if I was betting on Pico I'd be a nervous wreck with as much as he gets wobbled. 

I think we can all agree given how his first 2 have played out that he shouldn't be anywhere near a -700 favorite. He's not THAT good. He's fighting low level competition and struggling and getting wobbled. 

27 days ago
1/1/01
Animal Mother -
mada -

What did you think he was going to look like? It’s his second fight and they gave him a guy who’s 7-3. 

I thought he'd not get embarrassed in his first fight and I thought he'd have better defense in this fight. 

27 days ago
3/17/17
mada - 
Animal Mother -
mada -

I thought he'd not get embarrassed in his first fight and I thought he'd have better defense in this fight. 

And again, you (and I since I agree with you) expect more from him given they WAY they are hyping him and the credentials he has.

Then again I can kind of respect that he doesnt want to pad his record... but theres a reason guys start by continually climbing the levels in pro fighting rather than jumping right in the deep end and have been doing so for decades. Its the proper way you build a fighter, so they can slowly work in all the techniques they work into their style comfortably before they are in there with a terminator. Given, the issue can be that some promoters/managers take advantage of this necessary curve by actually padding the records records.
27 days ago
11/24/07
Moist Gracie -

He will improve quickly between each fight. Coker is also really good at developing guys. It’ll be a while before he’s fighting top competition, but he’ll be ready when the time comes. 

Coker good at developing guys? He allowed him to go to the wrong weightclass in his very first fight against an 8-2 guy and got tapped out in :24 seconds. Then his second fight it was an 0-1 fighter up against a 7-3 guy. So far it's been the complete opposite of how to build a guy up. 

27 days ago
11/8/09
Acidic -

but but but he's an amazing boxer. Sorry boxing but jobs. It's hard to protect yourself with more realistic gloves.

Anyways i wish him the best and hope he can adapt to MMA striking because his offence is good

Ha. You should head down to your closest boxing club and tell them that their defence sucks because they don't use the most realistic gloves.

You should offer to show them by sparring one of their guys in mma gloves, them report back.
27 days ago
4/2/13

I was worried after the first few replied that this place had gone mad

if he was promoted like s normal 0-1 21 year old then I wouldn't have such heavy criticism... But he's not 

in his first fight he was being touted as the future champ possibly in 2 divisions in 5-7 fights. He then proceeded to get rocked badly with the first punch he ever took in his career, from there the world class grappler was choked out by a low level fighter. 

In his second fight he got rocked and wobbled multiple times  and dove into a triangle that his opponent was so inept he didn't realize the gift that was given and didn't lock it up.. All this against a guy who doesn't have a coach or training  partners 

imagine him against chandler... Someone they said he'd be ready to fight and compete with for a title in 3-5 fights 

27 days ago
6/28/10
SurgicalGloves -
MR31 -

Point is is that they were marketing this guy as a world beater out of the gate.

So? The UFC is still doing that with Conor even though he hasn't defended a single belt he has and the guy he boxed against took it easy against him to save him from brain damage. That's how businesses work, I'm sure someone like you doesn't understand that.

27 days ago
10/29/12

You're seeing all the work these guys do on the regional circuit, happen on Tv. chill dude, they get better