UnderGround Forums Adesanya is very overrated imo

8 days ago
6/22/05

Ttt

8 days ago
4/5/08
Are you sure? According to the commentators we were witnessing the next coming of Jesus
8 days ago
4/29/09

He was gifted the decision there lol 

8 days ago
6/22/05

they acted the same way with uriah hall.

8 days ago
2/12/17
I think his stand up looks very good, he has great instincts on the feet, but his ground game is utter garbage.
8 days ago
4/21/09
Chomas -

How is that?

Edited: 8 days ago
1/30/16

He has good stand up, very good defense and take down defense.

He’s conservative with his striking output though outside of nasty leg kicks and thinks KOs will come naturally. Never heard of the guy he fought but he had a chin

8 days ago
12/9/09

8 days ago
9/13/12

Clear 29-28 for Israel. Vettori had nothing on the feat, and while his ground game is suspect, he still got back to his feet. 

Good fight for Adesanya imo. 

8 days ago
12/9/09

Biased commentary is becoming a real problem in the UFC. Vettori was holding his own that whole fight.

8 days ago
7/24/14

He definitely wasn’t gifted a decision he kicked ass. I was very impressed with his octagon presence and striking and at first I felt bad for that division... until I reminded myself of the top 6 in that division. This kid will have a ways to go but good for him to be upset. 

8 days ago
5/5/12

He's a good striker. Not exactly dynamic or explosive even tho they talk about him like he's Anderson Silva.

Edited: 8 days ago
12/22/12

I kind of thought that Israel should have gotten a point taken away after the first couple warnings of his fingers being extended then poke to the eye.

8 days ago
6/30/17
Chomas -

8 days ago
11/18/09

He’s like a sturdier Cyril Diabate. 

8 days ago
3/21/12
Lacks power and output
8 days ago
7/12/15
ChomskyBlackBelt -
Chomas -

lol he clearly won 

8 days ago
8/1/15

His performance was good, but for sure not good enough to give him that kind of „praising“!!! 

Mamgomedshapirov earned comments like that!

8 days ago
5/3/12
Bob Ross -

A friend just texted me this as an idea for his next matchup.

8 days ago
4/21/09
ChomskyBlackBelt -
Chomas -

You two mother fuckers are smoking PCP.

8 days ago
4/24/17

He obviously won tonight, unless you've just had a lobotomy.

That said, the comparisons with Jon need to stop immediately, they are in completely different universes when it comes to raw talent.

Yes he's still young (not that young though, the sponge period is probably over or close to) and will get better, but the potential is just not the same.

8 days ago
1/1/01
I coach his last opponent Rob Wilkinson; there is no question Israel is talented, he's a still a young kid and actually despite his persona he's a really nice guy, works really hard and is very loyal and trusting with his coaches. I think Rob was still gunshy - he's an excellent fighter and talent too - from his last fight which made him panic, otherwise it would have at least given the audience a chance to be more shown more angles of Israel's game.

Everybody is talking about how bad his groundwork is, sure it's not Damien Maia but I haven't seen him get GNP or subbed yet, got back to his feet 12 times against rob and 3-5 against the Italian. That's not terrible for 2nd UFC fight. Anderson spent a bunch of time on his back both early and later in his career.

Give the kid time! He's at the very least someone fun to watch for fans, he never called himself the next anything.
8 days ago
11/20/05
He won, but hardly justified the insane hype, which totally distorted calling the fight. Disgraceful performance by the announcers.
8 days ago
1/11/10
Bob Ross -

Next has to be against Uriah Hall for the undisputed “the best coming of Jesus”!!!

8 days ago
3/13/18
Yeah he isn't anything like the hype that was put on him. That Italian guy wasn't really a great fighter and Adesanya couldn't do much of anything of consequence. Fair decision. Close fight. Hype train should now end for Adesanya.