UnderGround Forums Al unleashes on DW "I'm weighing in on the mornin"

12 days ago
1/23/06
on changing the weigh-in time

"Dana's sense of reality is gone, it's gone, it's shot, it's absolutely shot. It's scary. Now he's putting our health at risk."

"Lorenzo kept him in check. He's going to run this thing into the ground."

"What fighter did you interview? I haven't talked to a fighter that was interviewe or talked to about moving the weigh-ins to night time. It's about him, it's all about him"

"He did great. He did great. You're out. He's got one foot out the door, just go man. Go, go. He's done. He's done. I don't give a shit. I don't care. I'm gonna say it."
12 days ago
1/30/16

Health at risk?

these fools are putting their health at risk.

not to mention what was the setup before morning weighins? No weighins?

Edited: 12 days ago
1/23/06
"fuckin make it work dude. Don't go out in an interview and say oh no it's not happening. MAKE IT WORK MAN. MAKE IT FUCKIN WORK! YOU'RE THE PROMOTER. THIS IS YOUR JOB. DON'T PUT FREAKIN ALISTAIR OVEREEM ON THE UNDERCARD, BECAUSE HE CAN'T SELL PPVS. YOU'RE THE PROMOTER!"

"I love this sport so much it kills me."

"You were upset with the way Michael Jackson fought? You put a reporter in the fight! What do you expect? You didn't pick a fighter. You know what would have happened in PRIDE if CM Punk wanted to fight? Remember Dos Caras Jr? With the mask on? Oh you want to fight in the UFC? C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, we're gonna put you against CroCop. BOOOM!! Now Crocop, look at Crocop, LEGEND, the guy can fight everywhere, everyone knows him. This is what they do, they promote their fighters, they're a promoter. We need a promoter. This weigh-in thing is the last straw."

12 days ago
1/11/12

Really hope Ariel or some journalist reaches out to a huge number of the roster and posts the results, expecting like 90% favoring the early weigh-ins

12 days ago
3/15/10
danybayamon23 -

Health at risk?

these fools are putting their health at risk.

not to mention what was the setup before morning weighins? No weighins?

All these idiots put their own health at risk.

Nobody needs to dehydrate 8,000lbs out to fight.

12 days ago
11/18/14

why can't they choose a time, morning or lunchtime, then get an hour from then if they miss? - then have the show-pony face off afterwards?

12 days ago
11/18/14

or have a giant weigh in window all morning?

12 days ago
1/30/16
mindless optimism -

why can't they choose a time, morning or lunchtime, then get an hour from then if they miss? - then have the show-pony face off afterwards?

It’s not a bad idea but I think it interferes with the organization of things would be my bet

weighins is an event in itself and to promote order in addition to creating a mini spectacle they’d be against allowing a window throughout the day.

12 days ago
1/9/11

I think, keep early weigh in. But make the penalties harsh.

2x chances to weigh in.

If you fail to make weight first time, you give up 25% of your original purse to your opponent. 

Fail to make weight a second time, it's another 25% of the original purse to your opponent. 

PLUS, an additional 10% per lb you are over. 

At the moment it's a pay to win scheme, because the penalties are comparitavely small. 

12 days ago
12/9/13

12 days ago
2/15/06
You can't weigh in without the comission there. So if Dana schedules them for 4pm you have no choice but to go along or else no fight.
12 days ago
9/13/12

Al is raging again

12 days ago
10/14/17

Dana is an irrational idiot. 

12 days ago
2/22/15

If the consequence was always that you couldnt weigh in more than 10lbs over your weightclass come fight time no one would miss weight in addition to forfeiting part of your purse. theyve instituted it on very rare occasions. when it is done you can tell it is something that they dont want to do because it will 100% have an effect on the outcome of the fight. money not so much..

Edited: 12 days ago
6/18/16

That's the pissed off fighter I like so much. Now i feel like i gotta rage on someone!Get um Al!

12 days ago
2/25/03
Lick Brown Boners - 

Really hope Ariel or some journalist reaches out to a huge number of the roster and posts the results, expecting like 90% favoring the early weigh-ins

He tweeted out the question Saturday night during the fights. I don't remember how many responded (probably a little more than 10), but they all favored keeping the morning. Not a large sample size, but they all said the same thing.

12 days ago
6/23/12

20% per pound and a point off your score card every two lbs should just about fix it. 

12 days ago
1/11/17

I bet the slimy cunts have sold afternoon weigh ins as part of a TV deal.

11 days ago
8/22/14
Left_Hook_Cemetery -

I bet the slimy cunts have sold afternoon weigh ins as part of a TV deal.

Seriously I think you’re on to something there. 

The weigh ins used to be popular. Dose anyone really bother watching the ceremonials these days. 

11 days ago
1/14/07
Lick Brown Boners -

Ariel polled all the fighters that were available at 225..

All supported morning weigh ins.

11 days ago
7/7/12

Al is the fucking man

only guy in the game speaking truth to power

11 days ago
6/20/11

He’s right, dana is a dunce at this point, everything he says is moronic.

Starting to look like it was a lot more about having rich friends than anything he ever did.

Edited: 11 days ago
1/7/06

Early weigh ins are a new thing right?  I remember reading that more fighters are missing weight now than with late weigh ins.  Is that true?  

Not sure how fair it is to say Dana has lost sense of reality for wanting to put things back they were when it was better (less people missing weight).  

11 days ago
9/2/10

Al living up to his nickname as per! 

11 days ago
8/18/13

Another fighter suggesting any weight cutting issues are anyone’s fault or problem but theirs. As a fighter, make weight for when you’re fucking told, isn’t difficult if you fight at the weight you should. If not fuck off and get a real job, live in the real world for a bit and you might find out how hard some jobs actually are. 

And I really like Al and wanna see him fighting in the UFC, and this speech was epic and hilarious seeing him shoot down Dana, but lol if he thinks he’s not off to Bellator after an unwise tirade like that