UnderGround Forums Al unleashes on DW "I'm weighing in on the mornin"

7 days ago
11/9/17
shaqitup -

He’s right, dana is a dunce at this point, everything he says is moronic.

Starting to look like it was a lot more about having rich friends than anything he ever did.

You're just now figuring that out? Wtf? 

6 days ago
5/15/15

Must be moved to same day weigh ins. Especially if fighters are now using their health as an excuse to squeeze even more lbs out.

6 days ago
8/11/11

He's 100% correct. You can't talk about fighter safety so much and then make decisions that make the fighters less safe instead of more. 

And if you're going to make the claim that the vast majority of fighters on the roster wanted the change then make that vote public at least to the fighters on the roster. 

This is money over safety 100%, which is fine, but only if you admit that's what is going on. 

6 days ago
1/15/07
Stin - 

I think, keep early weigh in. But make the penalties harsh.

2x chances to weigh in.

If you fail to make weight first time, you give up 25% of your original purse to your opponent. 

Fail to make weight a second time, it's another 25% of the original purse to your opponent. 

PLUS, an additional 10% per lb you are over. 

At the moment it's a pay to win scheme, because the penalties are comparitavely small. 

RockTheVote - 

20% per pound and a point off your score card every two lbs should just about fix it. 

Yeah, I'm on board with making the penalties harsh like one of these ideas.

Edited: 6 days ago
10/29/12
mdrndaysamurai -

Early weigh ins are a new thing right?  I remember reading that more fighters are missing weight now than with late weigh ins.  Is that true?  

Not sure how fair it is to say Dana has lost sense of reality for wanting to put things back they were when it was better (less people missing weight).  

This was my thought as well, but no one around here would ever miss an opportunity to be irrationally angry at Dana White 

5 days ago
1/1/01
danybayamon23 - 

Health at risk?

these fools are putting their health at risk.

not to mention what was the setup before morning weighins? No weighins?

Don't you know that in this age it's all about blaming someone else or blaming an inanimate object? Anything to avoid taking responsibility for your own actions.

Fat? Fork's fault. Don't blame the eater.
School shooting? Gun's or the law's fault. Don't blame the shooter.
Health at risk for a weight cut? BLAF's fault. Don't blame the weight cutter or the weight class the fighter CHOSE.

Get with it. Stop blaming people for the choices and actions, they make bruh. Learn to blame other people and things.
5 days ago
2/24/11

Raging Al 2020. 

5 days ago
7/22/15

UFC is getting pretty lame, that fucking Punk debacle was out of control, Dana knew he couldn't fight and put his lame ass on PPV. 

5 days ago
1/7/06
Seats Taken -
mdrndaysamurai -

Early weigh ins are a new thing right?  I remember reading that more fighters are missing weight now than with late weigh ins.  Is that true?  

Not sure how fair it is to say Dana has lost sense of reality for wanting to put things back they were when it was better (less people missing weight).  

This was my thought as well, but no one around here would ever miss an opportunity to be irrationally angry at Dana White 

Exactly.  

5 days ago
1/1/01

It’s real simple, super harsh penalty for missing weight once. Miss it twice and you get an automatic loss and can only fight in the next division up from now on. Miss in that division and never fight in ufc again. 

5 days ago
8/22/14
ausgepicht -
danybayamon23 - 

Health at risk?

these fools are putting their health at risk.

not to mention what was the setup before morning weighins? No weighins?

Don't you know that in this age it's all about blaming someone else or blaming an inanimate object? Anything to avoid taking responsibility for your own actions.

Fat? Fork's fault. Don't blame the eater.
School shooting? Gun's or the law's fault. Don't blame the shooter.
Health at risk for a weight cut? BLAF's fault. Don't blame the weight cutter or the weight class the fighter CHOSE.

Get with it. Stop blaming people for the choices and actions, they make bruh. Learn to blame other people and things.

Fighters used to miss weight just as much before the early weigh ins. The only difference is now the fighters that miss are winning because they’ve taken away the IV’s and it’s harder to rehydrate. 

I think the poster I quoted earlier was right and their changing it back for numbers.