UnderGround Forums Andre Berto cancels Conor McGregor sparring sessio

Edited: 2 days ago
1/21/17

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/8/12/16130914/andre-berto-cancels-conor-mcgregor-sparring-session-following-paulie-malignaggi-fallout

Andre Berto cancels Conor McGregor sparring session following Paulie Malignaggi fallout

hings didn’t go well between UFC champion Conor McGregor and former boxing champion Paulie Malignaggi during their recent sparring sessions. Malignaggi stepped up and attempted to help out McGregor in preparation for his showdown with Floyd Mayweather on Aug. 26 live on Showtime pay-per-view (PPV) from inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, but the relationship between the two quickly took a turn for the worse after McGregor’s team leaked a photo suggesting Malignaggi was knocked down.

Now that some of the dust has settled and Malignaggi is putting himself in the public eye to address the “dirtbag” behavior of McGregor, other potential sparring partners are shying away from “Notorious.”

“I spoke to Andre Berto. Andre was supposed to go there and box on Saturday, and he changed his mind after seeing what happened with me,” Malignaggi said during a recent appearance on Cagesiders. “Everybody already knew what happened with Van Heerden, now he’s doing the same with me too. When word goes around that somebody is like that, even in regular life, you start to alienate (people).”

Berto, 33, fought Mayweather for 12 rounds back in 2015. The former WBC welterweight champion ended up losing via unanimous decision, but he could have showed McGregor a thing or two about fighting the most elusive boxer of all time. According to Malignaggi, McGregor is starting to rub people the wrong way and could be preventing himself from sparring with top-flight partners like Berto in the future.

“He’s going to have trouble getting any help in boxing, because the sneaky tactics, the sneaky qualities that he has now can no longer be looked at as a coincidence,” Malignaggi said. “With the Van Heerden situation, like maybe he didn’t know how the ethics work in boxing, maybe he still had to learn, or now that he has learned, everything will be okay.

“I think the cat’s out of the bag with Conor McGregor in boxing, now that he’s tried this again, with sneaky tactics. You spar, and let me put in sneaky pictures, or make sneaky videos in Van Heerden’s case and let me spin it.”

Malignaggi is confused as to why McGregor would post “sneaky” pictures online in the first place. The UFC superstar is one of the biggest names in combat sports today and really doesn’t need the extra publicity, especially if it comes at the expense of a training partner or has a good chance of backfiring.

“I just don’t think it’s really necessary,” Malignaggi explained. “Conor McGregor’s name was pretty big when he boxed Van Heerden. I think Conor McGregor’s name was pretty big when he sparred me, obviously. I don’t think he needed to spin that sparring into any direction to make his name bigger.

“There was no need to do that, but all it’s done is ruin his reputation. I don’t think he’ll be able to get big name help at any point in his boxing career. But at the end of the day, it was definitely something that has hurt his ability to work with contacts — or have contacts in boxing.”

With limited elite sparring partners at his disposal, McGregor is going to truly have his work cut out for him on Aug. 26 when he tangles with Mayweather in his professional boxing debut. Of course, “Notorious” has been surprising naysayers his entire career and may very well prove once again why he’s considered Mystic Mac.

2 days ago
1/25/14

Wiseman knows he would get his ass handed to him. 

Just kidding. 

2 days ago
1/11/06
Seems Conor is making a poor name for himself. Not good.
2 days ago
7/12/15

“I spoke to Andre Berto. Andre was supposed to go there and box on Saturday, and he changed his mind after seeing what happened with me” 

2 days ago
7/15/15

Paulie got lit up. Should have kept his mouth shut. Now he looks like a fucking fool 

2 days ago
10/10/02

Eh, looks like sloppy slapping type punches,

2 days ago
5/24/03
Malignaggi got worked over now the dude won't stop crying like a little bitch. Sad.
2 days ago
1/25/14
Black Lives Matter -

Paulie got lit up. Should have kept his mouth shut. Now he looks like a fucking fool 

The only thing you can bust Paulie on right now is getting caught lying about the knockdown. 

Its not clear if he didn't outclass and pepper McGregor with shots only to get clobbered in the last round when he was tired (as would be expected given he's clearly out of shape). 

2 days ago
9/3/12
hankhill - Seems Conor is making a poor name for himself. Not good.

He's not here to take part, he's here to take over 

2 days ago
5/31/16
StankieEdgar -

“I spoke to Andre Berto. Andre was supposed to go there and box on Saturday, and he changed his mind after seeing what happened with me” 

One good punch and one decent one. The rest is on the same level of a 15 year old black girl, when somebody tries to steal her weave.

2 days ago
12/9/13

good move, he doesn't want to be abused like a monkey

2 days ago
3/12/15

He's scared lol 

2 days ago
3/12/17

Berto is 5'6 1/2 and would light Conor the fuck up. He's in fight shape and way too fast and too good defensively. Lets get real here. We all know the Paulie that Mcgregor got the best of for 30 seconds hadn't touched gloves in a year and had gotten fat, right?? 

2 days ago
3/12/15

I don't think Conor would do that to Berto tho. Paulie was talking massive amounts of shit so Conor put him in his place and embarrassed him. 

2 days ago
3/12/15
Gazorpazorpfield -

Berto is 5'6 1/2 and would light Conor the fuck up. He's in fight shape and way too fast and too good defensively. Lets get real here. We all know the Paulie that Mcgregor got the best of for 30 seconds hadn't touched gloves in a year and had gotten fat, right?? 

"Hadn't touched gloves in a year"

Amazing feat considering he fought like 4 months ago 

2 days ago
7/8/16
NKcell -

Eh, looks like sloppy slapping type punches,

Get used to it because he's gonna be Stockton slapping Mayweather all over that ring.

2 days ago
7/8/09
Glowman -
StankieEdgar -

One good punch and one decent one. The rest is on the same level of a 15 year old black girl, when somebody tries to steal her weave.

You're a dumb cocksucking racist cunt.
2 days ago
5/8/16
The Lion King -
Gazorpazorpfield -

I thought he retired alot longer then 4 months ago..
2 days ago
5/8/16
Fahqhard -
The Lion King -
Gazorpazorpfield -

I thought he retired alot longer then 4 months ago..
I am wrong.. had to wiki
2 days ago
8/6/06
People watch a total of about 10 seconds, in 50 minutes of sparring, "CONOR DESTROTED HIM!" Uhm yeah, for as far as we know, a total of 10 seconds.
2 days ago
8/6/06
And as far as Paulie getting knocked down. It looks like a mixture of losing his balance and getting hit at the same time. There's a ref in there, he didn't give Paulie a 10 count, so obviously they didn't think it was a knockdown at the time.
2 days ago
6/4/09
StankieEdgar -

Omg that's cringe worthy! 

Paullie is such a pussy! 

2 days ago
5/18/09
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - People watch a total of about 10 seconds, in 50 minutes of sparring, "CONOR DESTROTED HIM!" Uhm yeah, for as far as we know, a total of 10 seconds.

the nut huggers here will buy anything anyone says that positive about conor.

i think lemmings is a better suited word

2 days ago
12/16/12
hankhill - Seems Conor is making a poor name for himself. Not good.
Lol, only one guy is making a poor name for himself, and it's not Conor.
2 days ago
5/31/16
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite -
Glowman -
StankieEdgar -

You're a dumb cocksucking racist cunt.

Jimmies have been rustled.