Member Since: 8/21/06
This is for the guys that trained but never got their shot at the big show, had jobs, injuries, or families and couldn't train or compete full time. Guys that have been there in the gym with the guys we see on TV. The tough training partners... The journeymen.... The guys that want to see if they still have it...
Shows would be in Georgia - Would bring guys from all over the country. Total cost would be about $45K for the promoter. Travel for fighters and 1 corner, hotel, purses, belt, advertising, Video Production, etc...
UG & teams would have to assist in raising at least $12,000.00 in sponsorship that would be used for some of those expenses.
Tournament Format across 3 shows each approximately 8 weeks apart - Start with 8 man tournament - 2 guys in an alternate fight at the first show - So 5 fights first event.
2nd show - 2 fights
3rd show - 1 Championship Fight
1. Preferably UG member or at a minimum UG reccomended.
2. Minimum age 33 years old.
3. Professional with a minimum of 1 Pro fight - Maximum 6 Pro fights
4. 170# (Welterweight)
5. Never fought or at least won a fight in the following:UFC, Bellator, WEC, IFL, Bodog
6. Must submit an official witnessed weigh-in with application video - Maximum Weight before acceptance 185# we don't want any monster professional weight cutters!
These fights are made for spirited competitors with experience and skill as evenly matched as possible.
What you say UG?