UnderGround Forums Askren says....

3/12/18 3:04 PM
1/16/18

He will fight GSP anywhere in Canada he doesn’t care, but why in 2019? Seems like a late card in ‘18 would work just fine. But it sounds like he’s definitely not retired! 

3/12/18 3:05 PM
1/16/18

https://twitter.com/mmafighting/status/973268170759917568?s=21

3/13/18 1:09 AM
1/1/01
cause GSP won't fight again until 2019.
3/13/18 8:51 AM
1/1/01

I want to see this fight, but GSP doesn't. He wants a big name established fighter in the UFC. He wants the best fight for his legacy. He'll either fight for another belt or not at all.

3/13/18 12:59 PM
8/26/10

My feeling is that something is at least in the works otherwise he would not have said 2019.  I am guessing Askren gets 1-2 fights in 2018.

3/13/18 1:02 PM
1/16/18
bjws -

My feeling is that something is at least in the works otherwise he would not have said 2019.  I am guessing Askren gets 1-2 fights in 2018.

Was thinking the same, he comes in and smashes 1-2 people to get more than diehards to know his name and then the fight is marketable. 

3/13/18 4:57 PM
1/1/01
GSP is scared of Ben...GSP/Dana/UFC will make every excuse in the book...and puss out...again...fight won't happen....
3/13/18 5:54 PM
3/10/18
McGoat -

He will fight GSP anywhere in Canada he doesn’t care, but why in 2019? Seems like a late card in ‘18 would work just fine. But it sounds like he’s definitely not retired! 

Listen here brother. Of course he would fight GSP anywhere brother. HUGE money fight brother.

3/13/18 10:36 PM
5/22/15
Fabes - 

I want to see this fight, but GSP doesn't. He wants a big name established fighter in the UFC. He wants the best fight for his legacy. He'll either fight for another belt or not at all.

So you're saying 155? I'd have to agree. Conor needs to fight the winner of Tony/Khabib first for any *cough* legitimacy to be had for a belt. It would give time for Askren to pick up a few and the UFC hype machine to put in some work. Nate Diaz, where you at type shit.

Tyron's not a draw. Ben fights at WW and Tyron's the champ. So who does Tyron fight in the meantime? Nate as an elimination match? Nate wants to get paid and GSP picking up a third title would make more sense for GSP despite all the fuckery.

This is why we need tournaments. Fucking days of our lives soap opera type shit.
3/14/18 12:17 PM
12/22/12

Hope this fight gets made

3/14/18 12:30 PM
7/22/05

Better late than never.

3/14/18 12:31 PM
12/6/11
Rubber Bando - Askren would easily buttfuck GSP. Like, messy rape him. Askren is GOAT

Lol. You can only dream

3/14/18 1:03 PM
1/1/01

he can wait in line and beat a murderes row first like GSP has NO chance they will ever fight

3/14/18 1:57 PM
1/1/01
Winston Wolf - 

he can wait in line and beat a murderes row first like GSP has NO chance they will ever fight

That's GSP's excuse to get out of the fight because he knows Ben will not sign as a UFC scrub and will only fight GSP for the championship to prove he is the GOAT.

Ben has not only beat a murderous row but he has beat the living shit out of all but one - one sided brutal beat downs that nobody can stop.

GSP will get beat down badly if they were to fight and he knows it. Dana/UFC/GSP will make any excuse in the book avoid this fight - colossal puss out!
3/14/18 2:12 PM
12/6/11
bjjdna -
Winston Wolf - 

That's GSP's excuse to get out of the fight because he knows Ben will not sign as a UFC scrub and will only fight GSP for the championship to prove he is the GOAT.

Ben has not only beat a murderous row but he has beat the living shit out of all but one - one sided brutal beat downs that nobody can stop.

GSP will get beat down badly if they were to fight and he knows it. Dana/UFC/GSP will make any excuse in the book avoid this fight - colossal puss out!

I dont hate Askren, I truly admire his skills. But if anyone has proven to be the GOAT in that weight class is GSP. He has fought tons of Top 10 contenders in that weight class. How many Top 10 guys has Askren fought? GSP has nothing to prove, Askren on the other hand does, because he hasnt fought many contenders... Outside of the UFC Askren can still fight Palhares, Shields, Rory, MVP.

If he ever makes it to the UFC he has people like Maia, RDA, Tillman, Wonderboy, Masvidal, heck even Covington. So get back in line buddy

3/14/18 2:45 PM
1/1/01
Jclover123 - 
bjjdna -
Winston Wolf - 

I dont hate Askren, I truly admire his skills. But if anyone has proven to be the GOAT in that weight class is GSP. He has fought tons of Top 10 contenders in that weight class. How many Top 10 guys has Askren fought? GSP has nothing to prove, Askren on the other hand does, because he hasnt fought many contenders... Outside of the UFC Askren can still fight Palhares, Shields, Rory, MVP.

If he ever makes it to the UFC he has people like Maia, RDA, Tillman, Wonderboy, Masvidal, heck even Covington. So get back in line buddy

That's a nice song and dance but Ben has already proven himself to be the GOAT with his one sided beat downs...so much so the UFC/dana ducked him...and they are going to puss out again...lmao

GSP would get beat down badly...fight won't happen...GSP is scared and will continue to dodge...
3/14/18 2:52 PM
12/12/10
bjjdna -
Winston Wolf - 

In 19 fights, I count 4 guys who could be considered locks as top 50 WWs at the time Ben fought them. Oh yeah and those fights were 4-7 years ago lol. 

The Beggar King can keep telling everyone what could have been if he ever fought GOAT St. Pierre but that is all he will have while GSP wears his pillaged gold and sits on his throne overlooking MMA's greatest empire.

Edited: 3/14/18 4:16 PM
9/2/10

GSP has no interest in fighting Askren, why would he? What does he stand to gain?

3/14/18 4:36 PM
3/18/12
McGoat -

Get his body working properly off the extra juice. He’ll have to pass a drug test now. 

3/14/18 4:37 PM
3/18/12
Sinead O Connors Nipples -

GSP has no interest in fighting Askren, why would he? What does he stand to gain?

Because GSP is a clown. Askren could challenge GSP, therefor GSP is not interested.  I bet GSP would be interested in a BJ Penn fight tho

3/14/18 4:59 PM
1/1/01
bjjdna -
Winston Wolf - 

who has he beat ??? GSP has beat Shields Diaz Bisping Hughes 2x Koscheck 2x Fitch Alvez BJ Penn2x I cant name 1 top 20 guy Askren has beat
3/15/18 9:57 AM
1/1/01
who has he beat ???

Every challenger with the balls to step up...that would not include GSP...GSP is going to puss out because he knows he would get beat down badly...