UnderGround Forums Askren to UFC thru Conor

1/10/18 8:35 PM
1/18/16
Conor could get some good experience for fighting Khabib by having Ben Askren there in fight camp, and sometime afterwards could surely arrange to get...

Ben Askren into the UFC, then it would be easier for Dana to be accepting of the whole idea, and it would help smooth it over for this to happen. Leaving no stone unturned in the search/test of the planets best fighters.

Khabib's wrestling has shown to be on another level, and may bring more interest to fans and fighters of superior wrestling skills in the UFC. The UFC may need to bring in Ben Askren anyways as a way to end the dominant reign of a fight win streak like Khabib's.

Since Ben would be helping Conor, and to note some of the times when other champions/popular fighters have also got their camp fighters some fights, and also when Conor got Nate paid.

It could happen.
1/10/18 8:36 PM
2/17/03
Conor should definitely pay Ben an ungodly amount of money to get him ready for Khabib. That is by far the best person alive to bring into that camp.
1/10/18 9:16 PM
3/18/12
wiggum - Conor should definitely pay Ben an ungodly amount of money to get him ready for Khabib. That is by far the best person alive to bring into that camp.

Lol Askren may be the most overrated fighter in MMA. He's not even top 10 if he fights in the UFC today. 

1/10/18 9:16 PM
3/18/12

Followed closely by Fedor 

1/10/18 9:22 PM
2/17/03
BreakALegAndy! - 
wiggum - Conor should definitely pay Ben an ungodly amount of money to get him ready for Khabib. That is by far the best person alive to bring into that camp.

Lol Askren may be the most overrated fighter in MMA. He's not even top 10 if he fights in the UFC today. 

Douglas Lima is unquestionably top 10 and Askren destroyed him.

Even if you think Askren is overrated, he's an Olympic wrestler with a style similar to Khabib. There is a reason why he's Woodley's top training partner. He would be an huge asset to Conor's training.
1/10/18 9:23 PM
10/23/09
BreakALegAndy! -

His wrestling credentials alone would justify having him in the training camp.
1/10/18 9:25 PM
4/29/09
BreakALegAndy! -

God damn you are stupid.
1/10/18 9:26 PM
4/29/09
Or a faggott troll.
1/10/18 9:29 PM
1/23/06

Thanks much appreciated

^^THAT'S THE SEED!!!
1/10/18 9:31 PM
4/19/17
BreakALegAndy! -

I think that Fedor and Askren are garbage to watch and have fought cans......but, Askren could grind out a decision against anyone at welterweight and easily be champ. But I still think he's garbage.
1/10/18 9:40 PM
9/7/04

1/10/18 10:11 PM
7/8/06
Aaronrodgers=GOAT -
BreakALegAndy! -

God damn you are stupid.

lol

1/10/18 10:34 PM
12/6/11

Askren is the only guy that can help him out. I was thinking Cormier, but forgot he is AKA and so is Khabib. I also think Conor should bring Maia or Marcelo Garcia for some ground training. Conor can now afford some of the best partners.

1/10/18 11:02 PM
1/26/08
Jclover123 -

Askren is the only guy that can help him out. I was thinking Cormier, but forgot he is AKA and so is Khabib. I also think Conor should bring Maia or Marcelo Garcia for some ground training. Conor can now afford some of the best partners.

I agree he should have a top BJJ guy to learn offense from and top wrestler t learn defense from. 

1/10/18 11:12 PM
1/23/06

They've had beef in the past though!

1/10/18 11:22 PM
3/18/12
Aaronrodgers=GOAT -
BreakALegAndy! -

God damn you are stupid.

You have the proper credentials to be stupid based on your SN alone. Nevermind the fact that you think Askren is any good. That just puts a stamp on it

1/10/18 11:26 PM
12/6/11
GOAT St. Pierre -

They've had beef in the past though!

Lol. Pube head was funny. I think if Conor was to take a fight against Khabib, he would have to swallow his pride and pay Askren good money for training. Or Conor can also pay for Jordan Burroughs or Kyle Dake who are a little closer to his weight.

1/10/18 11:28 PM
3/18/12

Bring in a fighter like Maia who has actually fought the best of the best and has one of the best ground games out there. Not some can crusher who has ducked the UFC for years. 

Yes, Askren has looked good at times. That's been against mainly C and B level competition. He would get absolutely destroyed in the UFC. There's a reason he never signed, and it was smart on his part. You cant be the best when you are getting smashed in the UFC. But you can certainly fool people into thinking you are the best by smashing B and C level competition outside the UFC. Similar to Fedor. 

1/10/18 11:32 PM
3/18/12
Lights Out Lurker -
BreakALegAndy! -

I think that Fedor and Askren are garbage to watch and have fought cans......but, Askren could grind out a decision against anyone at welterweight and easily be champ. But I still think he's garbage.

Absolutely false in thinking he could grind out a decision against anyone at 170 in the UFC. If that were the case he would be doing it. 

1/11/18 5:52 AM
10/6/16
MustWin - Conor could get some good experience for fighting Khabib by having Ben Askren there in fight camp, and sometime afterwards could surely arrange to get...

Ben Askren into the UFC, then it would be easier for Dana to be accepting of the whole idea, and it would help smooth it over for this to happen. Leaving no stone unturned in the search/test of the planets best fighters.

Khabib's wrestling has shown to be on another level, and may bring more interest to fans and fighters of superior wrestling skills in the UFC. The UFC may need to bring in Ben Askren anyways as a way to end the dominant reign of a fight win streak like Khabib's.

Since Ben would be helping Conor, and to note some of the times when other champions/popular fighters have also got their camp fighters some fights, and also when Conor got Nate paid.

It could happen.

Dude shut up this is so stupid 

1/11/18 7:22 AM
4/19/17
BreakALegAndy! -
Lights Out Lurker -
BreakALegAndy! -

Absolutely false in thinking he could grind out a decision against anyone at 170 in the UFC. If that were the case he would be doing it. 

Dana White is the reason he's not the champion. Reminder, I do not like Askren.
1/11/18 9:00 AM
2/17/03
Imagine if Askren never fought:

"McGregor brings in Olympia and greatest college wrestler of his generation as trainer." Nobody would say it was anything other than a great pickup.
1/12/18 6:45 AM
10/17/12

#UnbanBen

1/12/18 8:31 AM
7/20/08
wiggum - Imagine if Askren never fought:

"McGregor brings in Olympia and greatest college wrestler of his generation as trainer." Nobody would say it was anything other than a great pickup.

Wiggum, you are a smart man.