UnderGround Forums BareknuckleBoxing seminar for self defense and MMA

Edited: 8 days ago
9/1/04

My friend Connor is a very skilled and talented young MMA fighter. In honor of his opening his new school Connor "Bareknuckle" Barry's Boxing and BJJ, we're having a Bareknuckle Boxing seminar. From the flier - 

"BAREKNUCKLE SEMINAR AT BAREKNUCKLE BARRY'S BOXING AND BJJ

Sean Gannon is a UFC Vet and America's foremost expert on Bareknuckle Boxing, earning that title by defeating Kimbo Slice in an epic war available on Youtube. For the first time, Sean Gannon will be teaching the techniques and tactics of bareknuckle boxing for self defense and MMA. Seminar to be held at Connor "Bareknuckle" Barry's Boxing and BJJ, 38 Montvale Ave, Stoneham, MA, 7:30pm, Wednesday, May 16th. Please email connor_barry1@student.uml.edu to reserve a spot."

10 days ago
2/15/06
Nice example fight, Sean!
10 days ago
1/1/01
Man, I wish I could swing this.
10 days ago
4/11/10

I used to do a lot of bare knuckle finger blasting. Is that skill transferable to this?

10 days ago
11/8/09

That would be fun. 

I leearned how to right upper cut the front side of a south paw’s liver when Gannon explained a punch on the ug a while back. 

I use it lots vs south paws now.

I’d love to learn more from you op. 

10 days ago
9/1/04
King Trav -

That would be fun. 

I leearned how to right upper cut the front side of a south paw’s liver when Gannon explained a punch on the ug a while back. 

Thanks brother!

10 days ago
7/2/07

This is likely one of the most if not the most overlooked topic in martial arts and combat sports.

Any sources on the topic you would suggest ?

Books, videos ?

10 days ago
2/9/17

GL Gannon, nice to see you stateside again. Hope you enjoyed Thailand.

Edited: 10 days ago
9/1/04

I did indeed Joey :) 

And BTW, Connor's fight name is actually authentic. He was a hockey player before MMA, and he dropped the gloves so many times his team mates started calling him Bareknuckle Barry.

10 days ago
11/16/08

Who was the sanctioning body of this event?

10 days ago
9/1/04
I No Kung Foo -

I think it was a Tech 9 and a couple of shotties.

10 days ago
11/16/08
GladiatorGannon -
I No Kung Foo -

I think it was a Tech 9 and a couple of shotties.

It still seems like they didn't have very good safty procedures though.  Someone could have gotten injured. OSHA would have had a field day.

10 days ago
1/14/16

Kinda short notice... Wood travel for that one.

10 days ago
1/1/01

See you there!

10 days ago
2/12/12
GladiatorGannon -

And BTW, Connor's fight name is actually authentic. He was a hockey player before MMA, and he dropped the gloves so many times his team mates started calling him Bareknuckle Barry.

That's awesome. Hope you're doing well Gannon. Any updates on that other thing?

10 days ago
1/1/01
GladiatorGannon -
King Trav -

That would be fun. 

Thanks brother!

Care to break that down or repost it? Would love to hear the breakdown and try adding that to my skill set. 

10 days ago
7/2/07
Icy Mike - 

Kinda short notice... Wood travel for that one.

Agree

9 days ago
3/15/10

Interesting. Wish I was close enough to attend. I always prefer bare knuckle and have conditioned my hands for it since 1979. Best wishes for a successful event. 

Respectfully:

Fred

9 days ago
1/27/12
Frederick Ettish -

Interesting. Wish I was close enough to attend. I always prefer bare knuckle and have conditioned my hands for it since 1979. Best wishes for a successful event. 

Respectfully:

Fred

Respect.

9 days ago
6/22/09

I know GladiatorGannon won the fight - but man who really won the bareknuckleboxing? 

9 days ago
5/22/15
fng1 - 
GladiatorGannon -

That's awesome. Hope you're doing well Gannon. Any updates on that other thing?

This. We all know you beat Kimbo's ass. That Boston PD bullshit you've been dealing with is more intriguing. You're an honourable man. Can you speak more onnit now or is another Kirik interview pending? Don't be a phaggot, show us the ropes.
9 days ago
9/1/04
305-onpoint -

I know GladiatorGannon won the fight - but man who really won the bareknuckleboxing? 

One of the misconceptions I'm addressing at the seminar. Early bareknuckle fighting had much more developed clinch work than most people realize. Heck John L. Sullivan used to do regular Greco Roman wrestling to be prepared for what he was dealing with.

8 days ago
10/10/02

Def would of traveled and attended if there was a little more notice, hopefully it went well and there's another.

Edited: 8 days ago
9/1/04
NKcell -

Def would of traveled and attended if there was a little more notice, hopefully it went well and there's another.

Thanks NK, it was a big success so there will definitely be another.

8 days ago
2/9/17

Are you guys going to record certain aspects of the training. If you are I’d be will to donate some money to cover expensiveness.