UnderGround Forums Barnett Released from he UFC

24 days ago
11/30/07

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/06/ufc-releases-josh-barnett-after-five-years

24 days ago
1/1/01
Not that he's very active, but damn, another of the last generation out from the UFC at least.
24 days ago
12/12/12

Wow, he won his last fight and got exonerated for his positive test...

24 days ago
5/11/10

Rizin-bound. Fuck yeah. Josh is loved in Japan. He'll have a blast. 

24 days ago
11/18/09

Squeeze him in that bellator tourney somehow. 

24 days ago
11/30/07
Thuglife13 -

Wow, he won his last fight and got exonerated for his positive test...

Bingo. 

24 days ago
12/9/13
Ryann Von Doom -

makes sense, after what USADA did to him, i would not be in business with them either.

24 days ago
5/9/06
Morpheus1976 -
Ryann Von Doom -

makes sense, after what USADA did to him, i would not be in business with them either.

Agree. I look forward to Josho Barnetto back in Japan

24 days ago
10/17/13
That sucks, I hope he goes to Bellator. I was lucky enough to see him KO Mir in Milwaukee and meet him at UFC 32. Cool guy......
Edited: 24 days ago
1/26/08
TwentyNineTwentyEight - That sucks, I hope he goes to Bellator. I was lucky enough to see him KO Mir in Milwaukee and meet him at UFC 32. Cool guy......

He could win the belt in Bellator, not like they have a lot of great HWTs

Maybe we can finally see Fedor vs Barnett

24 days ago
11/28/03
PhillyFights - 

Squeeze him in that bellator tourney somehow. 

thats what i hope for

no usada either

Edited: 24 days ago
1/23/06

Big market for him outside of UFC. Many shows want/need Barnett.

I'd go with an Aleks rematch as the biggest fight out there right now.

24 days ago
11/9/17

Bellator please, screw Rizin, they are a joke.

24 days ago
11/18/09

It’s been a while since he’s been in there, but if he’s anywhere near top form, I’d have have him beating just about everyone in the bellator HW tourney. I forget exactly who’s left, but after watching Barnett sub Dean Lister at metamoris, the only person in MMA that outgrapples him is DC. Maybe Fedor if he turns back the clock and strikes to jump on a submission like he used to 

24 days ago
1/21/18
PhillyFights -

It’s been a while since he’s been in there, but if he’s anywhere near top form, I’d have have him beating just about everyone in the bellator HW tourney. I forget exactly who’s left, but after watching Barnett sub Dean Lister at metamoris, the only person in MMA that outgrapples him is DC. Maybe Fedor if he turns back the clock and strikes to jump on a submission like he used to 

DC would not go to the ground with barnett. not saying he wouldnt wrestlefuck him, but he knows barnett is no slouch on the ground. barnett however is a slouch in the striking department. tons of power but no real technique behind it...DC beats barnett standing by sticking to fundamentals and not taking too many chances.

24 days ago
3/20/16

Fedor, Bader, Mitrione, and Nelson are all good matchups for him. Bader and Nelson will be his toughest matchups 

24 days ago
10/9/15

He already soundly beat Nelson.

One more crack at CroCop?

24 days ago
11/18/09
RightHandOfDOOM -
PhillyFights -

DC would not go to the ground with barnett. not saying he wouldnt wrestlefuck him, but he knows barnett is no slouch on the ground. barnett however is a slouch in the striking department. tons of power but no real technique behind it...DC beats barnett standing by sticking to fundamentals and not taking too many chances.

Am I imagining it, or did they not already fight and DC dumped him on his head maybe more than once, like he was a 110 pound cheerleader?

24 days ago
10/9/15
PhillyFights -
RightHandOfDOOM -
PhillyFights -

Am I imagining it, or did they not already fight and DC dumped him on his head maybe more than once, like he was a 110 pound cheerleader?

Yes they fought.  DC did toss him around.  Both guys ended up breaking their hands early on in the first round so they weren't able to perform as they wanted.  Was a hard fought fight though.

24 days ago
10/24/03

Bummer but I get it 

24 days ago
10/24/10

^DC/Barnett was one sided. DC did whatever he wanted & mauled Josh. Hopefully he can find some good paying fights in another org. He deserves it after USADA.

24 days ago
5/8/13
PhillyFights -
RightHandOfDOOM -
PhillyFights -

He sure did haha.... it was a fight tho. A sub only match Josh wins, wrestling obviously DC wins 

24 days ago
7/3/10

What did he make for his last fight.   

24 days ago
11/21/10

I wish the UFC would get rid of USADA... It's one of the worst things to have happened other than Reebok.

24 days ago
11/18/09
Rafael135 -

I wish the UFC would get rid of USADA... It's one of the worst things to have happened other than Reebok.

I understand and basically agree with what they’re doing (made a lot more sense when they sold for 4.2 billion)..... but I think it’s undeniable this is true.