UnderGround Forums Bisping TKO’d by court judge.

12/15/17 8:47 PM
10/28/07

Former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bispingwas ordered to pay former agent Anthony McGann more than $400,000 on Friday, but not before the two reportedly got into a “scuffle” before entering the court room.

Bisping and McGann have been locked in a court battle over McGann’s assertion that Bisping owed him past commissions for his services between 2005 and 2011, according to a report by the Manchester Evening News.

Despite chastising both parties for fabricating evidence and testimony, Judge Richard Salter QC eventually order Bisping to pay McGann £320,000 for his services. That currently equates to a little more than $425,000. 

The judge stated that McGann had “put forward false documents and false evidence.”

hough he added that Bisping had been “more straightforward, like McGann, he was guilty of “tailoring and trimming his evidence to suit his case.”

The judge eventually ruled that Bisping had signed a management agreement with McGann in 2005, thus making him liable to pay for past services.

Neither Bisping nor McGann came out smelling like a rose in the judge’s estimation. Noting that, “Mr. Bisping was also a knowing participant with Mr. McGann in the scheme to defraud the Australian tax authorities by overstating Mr. Bisping’s expenses in 2010 and 2011,” the judge chastised them for an incident that took place while they waited to appear in court.

The judge had apparently been information by court security of “a scuffle between Mr. McGann and Mr. Bisping in the waiting area just outside the courtroom. I cautioned them that such behavior in the precincts of the court could not be tolerated.”

12/15/17 8:47 PM
10/28/07

The judge also noted that he would hear further arguments about who should foot the bill for the court battle, but didn’t sound inclined to award either party the right to recover any of their legal costs.

Bisping is having a shitty past few months. That’s a lot of money for a guy who is close to retirement.

12/15/17 8:49 PM
10/12/13

This is the reason Bisping left wolfslair right??

12/15/17 8:52 PM
10/28/07
Jimmy Recard -

This is the reason Bisping left wolfslair right??

Probably. I wonder what the UK could do to get his money which is no doubt in US banks at this point.

12/15/17 8:56 PM
10/12/13

Just skimmed the article but as far as I could tell Bisping owed Australia tax dollars but lied about expenses, as far as McGann goes I think that's a civil matter.

12/15/17 9:40 PM
1/5/15
Damn, good thing he took that fight with gastelum
12/15/17 10:38 PM
4/19/13

Can Bisping go anywhere without picking a fight with someone?  Dumb child.  

12/15/17 11:07 PM
12/9/13

i have a feeling he is not going to pay.

12/15/17 11:34 PM
1/17/03
mike just made millions to fight GSP. he will be just fine
12/15/17 11:38 PM
11/9/17
CanofPineapple - 

Can Bisping go anywhere without picking a fight with someone?  Dumb child.  

When you're a douche, you're pretty much a douche everywhere you go!
12/16/17 1:52 AM
1/1/01
It's troubling to see Mike acting this way despite his age and being a father to a high schooler and other younger kids. Similar to Werdum. Maybe it's the head trauma. There is just no reason for these guys to be conducting themselves like idiots, unless they're suffering from brain related issues. Mike's a bright guy too. Yes he's a hot head, but have some self control by that age. I cannot condone his actions.

And what's with the judge saying that type of behavior will not be tolerated, but goes right ahead tolerates it?
12/16/17 1:59 AM
8/31/07
Thats a lot of cheese. Maybe we see him fight more because of this. Retirement might be put on the back burner.
12/16/17 2:05 AM
12/9/13
SinCityHustler - It's troubling to see Mike acting this way despite his age and being a father to a high schooler and other younger kids. Similar to Werdum. Maybe it's the head trauma. There is just no reason for these guys to be conducting themselves like idiots, unless they're suffering from brain related issues. Mike's a bright guy too. Yes he's a hot head, but have some self control by that age. I cannot condone his actions.

And what's with the judge saying that type of behavior will not be tolerated, but goes right ahead tolerates it?

but on reddit they are defending Bisping, right? since he posts there and his son.

12/16/17 2:17 AM
7/2/09
SinCityHustler - It's troubling to see Mike acting this way despite his age and being a father to a high schooler and other younger kids. Similar to Werdum. Maybe it's the head trauma. There is just no reason for these guys to be conducting themselves like idiots, unless they're suffering from brain related issues. Mike's a bright guy too. Yes he's a hot head, but have some self control by that age. I cannot condone his actions.

I agree with your sentiments.

My take on the whole thing, though, is that his behaviour is what sells these days.  He's not just a fighter.  He's a personality.  He's a character.  And as with Chael and Conor, it's difficult to tell how much of it is real personality vs hamming it up.  But I really think that's it.  It's the world we live in, man.  It's a Kardashian world, where someone of no apparent skill or talent can just magically "be a celebrity" and make *huge* money.

So while I'm a bit old fashioned and probably don't appreciate his attitude as much as the younger generation, I can't fault the guy for trying to make a living. 

Crazy times.

12/16/17 2:46 AM
1/14/12
Big legal bill and that last fight turns into well I think I've got two or three left in me.
12/16/17 3:50 AM
1/1/01
jgiveshead - 

My take on the whole thing, though, is that his behaviour is what sells these days.  He's not just a fighter.  He's a personality.  He's a character.  And as with Chael and Conor, it's difficult to tell how much of it is real personality vs hamming it up.  But I really think that's it.  It's the world we live in, man.  It's a Kardashian world, where someone of no apparent skill or talent can just magically "be a celebrity" and make *huge* money.

So while I'm a bit old fashioned and probably don't appreciate his attitude as much as the younger generation, I can't fault the guy for trying to make a living. 

Crazy times.

Completely agreed. But a scuffle at the court house? Come on, that's too much unless maybe for the "cash me ouside girl". Mike can play the idiot roll all he wants, but suppress the act at the court house or at the gym when encountering teenagers just trying to work out. I have no problem with the staged Georges argument or the trash talk at the press conferences, but there has to be a limit. Mike's a bright guy. He's well spoken and he has very interesting perspectives. A sign of intelligence. Then he acts like a teenager when it serves mostly to make him look bad.

And it's not everyone doing this type of jackassery that bothers me. Colby comes off as a complete idiot, so by all means be that way at all times. Werdum comes off as very intelligent and professional. When he acts the idiot, it's just disappointing to see. Conor may be the largest jack ass on the planet so by all means show your true colors 24/7/ 365. He doesn't bother me one bit.

I expect better from Michael is essentially the point here.
Edited: 12/16/17 4:00 AM
2/5/16

Wolfslair are cunts, I would ruck them outside court too, fuck them.

Thats Rampage and Bisping they have “beat”.

12/16/17 4:14 AM
2/14/11
138 -

Oooh check out the edgy, Badass. 

12/16/17 9:32 AM
12/9/13
138 -

if you sign a contract as a fighter for multiple years for a % of your purse for private training every day.

don't flee to another country and leave the team hanging without pay when making big bucks. its a douche move!

30 days ago
2/27/11

that's three L's in a row i guess

30 days ago
8/29/17

Bisping got physical? man, he loves fights with people he's supposed to beat

30 days ago
2/22/15

Damn he has been finished 3 times in as many weeks it seems. time to hang em up.

30 days ago
2/22/15
SinCityHustler -
jgiveshead - 

Crazy times.

Completely agreed. But a scuffle at the court house? Come on, that's too much unless maybe for the "cash me ouside girl". Mike can play the idiot roll all he wants, but suppress the act at the court house or at the gym when encountering teenagers just trying to work out. I have no problem with the staged Georges argument or the trash talk at the press conferences, but there has to be a limit. Mike's a bright guy. He's well spoken and he has very interesting perspectives. A sign of intelligence. Then he acts like a teenager when it serves mostly to make him look bad.

And it's not everyone doing this type of jackassery that bothers me. Colby comes off as a complete idiot, so by all means be that way at all times. Werdum comes off as very intelligent and professional. When he acts the idiot, it's just disappointing to see. Conor may be the largest jack ass on the planet so by all means show your true colors 24/7/ 365. He doesn't bother me one bit.

plot twist: its not an act, he is actually mildly retarded like most professional athletes in contact sports.

30 days ago
1/1/01
^^^ That may be the only acceptable reason for how he conducts himself. Perhaps the brain damage is getting to him.
30 days ago
2/14/11
AnotherDecision -
SinCityHustler -
jgiveshead - 

Crazy times.

plot twist: its not an act, he is actually mildly retarded like most professional athletes in contact sports.

Crazy to think a mildly retarded person has accomplished more than you and your entire bloodline.