UnderGround Forums Bisping's eye is more messed up than I thought

10 days ago
1/6/10

I know he had the detached retina issue and that he opted for that temporary procedure where the filled his eyeball with a substance that makes the pupil look funny. I was rewatching UFC 217 just now and at the begining of the broasdcast where the fighters shit all over eachother I noticed his eyes are both pointing in different directions. One barely makes it out of it's eyelid most of the time. So you want to be a fighter!

10 days ago
2/9/14
Dude should have retired when he won the Belt. It looks like the surgery might not do anything to save his sight in his eye now.
10 days ago
9/22/11

We'll buy him a new eye...

~egg

10 days ago
1/23/06
Guy gave everything he had to this sport. Much respect to him.
10 days ago
2/3/10

Nothing but respect to this man

10 days ago
4/28/15
GOAT St. Pierre - Guy gave everything he had to this sport. Much respect to him.
10 days ago
1/1/01

Shawn Michaels eat your heart out.

10 days ago
10/6/02
GOAT St. Pierre - Guy gave everything he had to this sport. Much respect to him.

EXACTLY~! Guy is one of the toughest fighters to ever grace the sport. All heart and just craziness.

10 days ago
1/21/17

one of the best moments of all time when he landed that hook on Luke and won the title.

9 days ago
9/18/14

HESPECT.

9 days ago
2/14/11

A genuine tough guy who relied on hard work, grit and an unbreakable mind. Outstanding. 

Edited: 9 days ago
1/23/06
9 days ago
1/6/10
Aussie Shaun -

one of the best moments of all time when he landed that hook on Luke and won the title.

I disliked Bisping for most of his career as a fighter and as a personality (in hindsight I think he was going for heel all along). After the eye thing I realized how rare of a breed he is when it comes to dedication and grit.

I've reallyt liked Rockhold as a fighter but didnt know much about him as a personality. Leading up to the Bisping fight there seemed to be something genuine about the douchebaginess of Rockhold above and beyond and act. Seeing him get KTFO was one of the rare times I celebrated like it was an episode of bully beatdown.

I loved that he got the GSP fight as a great goodbye gift for his bank account. Well deserved.

9 days ago
7/8/06
Aussie Shaun -

truth

9 days ago
1/20/12
Like a true count.
9 days ago
5/18/12

Never liked him after he coached TUF, came across badly both times, especially opposite Hendo.

As a fighter, the man deserves massive respect though, tough as it gets in this sport, mentally and physically. 

To fall short in so many #1 contender fights and then to finally get a shot on short notice has to be difficult , he absolutely believed in himself in that fight.

One of the best upsets ever.

9 days ago
1/1/01
Yeah, even though he was in a shady situation in holding to fight GSP, he kinda deserved it kinda like GSP deserved to scoot the line. Both guys gave a lot and did a lot in the sport.
9 days ago
5/5/13
Believe you me - that's one tough SOB.
9 days ago
11/18/14
Aussie Shaun -

i like to the way he kept punching luke when he was unconscious :o)

9 days ago
12/1/10
He puts everything on the line for his family.
He can be an arsehole but he knows it and tries to be a better man.
9 days ago
1/17/03
mike is the man. tough bastard too
9 days ago
8/19/13

It’s pretty fucked up when you realise the shot that hurt him with GSP and the one the put him out with Gastelum came from the side of his bad eye. Look at that photo, he could probably hardly see them coming. All the respect in the world for Bisping as a fighter and as a man. We’re all flawed, Mike definitely has a temper but he is a genuinely good man.

Check out ‘believe you me’, he has a great podcast.

9 days ago
1/1/01
I don't believe he has ever walked in a cage and had a physical advantage over his opponent, except for conditioning. He couldn't cash in on his cardio unless he lasted to the later rounds.

When you think of all his success, that fact really speaks to his mental grit, physical toughness and professionalism. Always prepared and always refining his skill.
9 days ago
2/6/15

Sad

9 days ago
11/21/05
RollHighAllDay - Like a true count.
I really hope that one day they can put that eye right for him.

I am so thankful to have been able to watch all his fights over the years. I appreciate his career more than most, always an active fighter you got your money worth out of the count.