UnderGround Forums Cain Velasquez? NO THANKS!

1/22/18 2:41 AM
6/30/17

I am sick and tired of hearing Rogan bust a nut every time the subject of Velasquez comes up.

I DO NOT want Velasquez to ever become champ again, because his body is fucked due to injuries and he would hold up the belt for who knows how long.

Anybody claiming Velasquez is the superior HW over Stipe, is just wrong.

IF Velasquez comes back, I want him back for one fight only. A loss to Stipe. After that, enjoy retirement!

Much respect to the guy, but it’s time to move on and recognize Stipe for the GOAT HW that he is.

1/22/18 2:49 AM
10/27/12
He's the Andy Carroll of the MMA world.
1/22/18 2:53 AM
6/30/17
Spiderknows - He's the Andy Carroll of the MMA world.

EXACTLY!!!

... I have no idea who that is.

1/22/18 2:56 AM
9/26/10

i want him gone so cormier goes up

1/22/18 2:57 AM
6/30/17
ufc98newb -

i want him gone so cormier goes up

I couldn’t agree more.

1/22/18 2:58 AM
8/31/07
Cain is a logical next fight for Stipe. Hes about beat all the big names in the division. Cain could possibly be his hardest fight for Stipe as champion. Then winner of Werdum vs Ngannau or Cormier.
1/22/18 3:07 AM
4/28/06
Is his body really fucked? I mean he's had some knee issues but more than any other fighter? I'm just wondering if that's really the case or another one of those UG myths that keeps getting perpetuated. I hope he comes back cuz he's exciting. He looked good against Browne. No fucking idea what happened against Werdum. Also watching Stipe and Francis wheezing after 2 rounds makes me scratch my head and wonder how Cain had limitless cardio in that division... hmmm
1/22/18 3:12 AM
6/30/17
NicolasRGC - Is his body really fucked? I mean he's had some knee issues but more than any other fighter? I'm just wondering if that's really the case or another one of those UG myths that keeps getting perpetuated. I hope he comes back cuz he's exciting. He looked good against Browne. No fucking idea what happened against Werdum. Also watching Stipe and Francis wheezing after 2 rounds makes me scratch my head and wonder how Cain had limitless cardio in that division... hmmm

‘Also watching Stipe and Francis wheezing after 2 rounds makes me scratch my head and wonder how Cain had limitless cardio in that division... hmmm’

SO MUCH THIS.

I don’t like to suspect anyone unless they’ve popped.

.... But, the two guys who make me wonder more than anyone else, are Hendricks and Velasquez.

1/22/18 3:12 AM
12/28/12

Stipe vs DC is the fight. Cain has fought 3 times in 4 and a half years because of injuries and his inability to show up. He doesn't deserve a title shot upon return.

I'd rather see Brock vs Stipe over Cain. At least Brock shows up when he signs for a fight. Cain should have to fight Ngannou or Overeem first. I'm not saying he can't beat either of them but history speaks for itself...he won't show up. 

Edited: 1/22/18 3:15 AM
12/28/12

Brock vs Stipe international fight week? That's Stipe's money fight. He deserves it. 

1/22/18 3:22 AM
9/23/07
Rogan has really dug himself into a derp hole on this one.

Cain was ok but he was not that amazing.

Sort of like the khabib of heavyweight. No Ko power but would wrestlefuck people and gind them out. Always injured. Got spanked by Werdrum, got smashed by JDS in the first fight.

Cheik Congo dropped him a few times.
1/22/18 3:53 AM
4/20/08

Cain has been in the UFC for 3 years longer and only has 13 fights to Stipe’s 14. They are similar in they are wrestle boxers that never go for submissions. 

Both have losses to JDS and avenged them by stoppage. I would say Cain beat a way better version of JDS twice, but Stipe didn’t get ko’d by JDS like Cain did. 

Common opponents, well as usual Cain has no common opponents because he fought the same guys over and over and rarely fights. 

JDS and Werdum is it, Stipe ko’d Werdum and took the belt, Werdum choked Cain out bad took the belt.

Stipe’s biggest wins: Shane Del Rosario (RIP), Nelson, Gonzaga, Hunt, AA by tko, Werdum by ko, JDS by ko, Overeem by ko, Ngannou by 5 round beat down

Cain’s biggest wins: Kongo, the Ghost of Big Nog, Lesnar, Bigfoot twice by destruction, JDS twice by destruction, Browne by tko 

1/22/18 3:59 AM
4/28/06
OCMikey - 

Brock vs Stipe international fight week? That's Stipe's money fight. He deserves it. 

Stipe deserves it but Brock doesn't. A contender maybe yeah, but not an immediate title shot. Overeem rematch...?
1/22/18 4:06 AM
12/28/12
NicolasRGC -
OCMikey - 

Stipe deserves it but Brock doesn't. A contender maybe yeah, but not an immediate title shot. Overeem rematch...?

I hear you. An Overeem rematch would be interesting at this stage. I guess I'm just saying I'd rather see Brock get the shot over Cain, and there'd be way more money in it for everyone. That would be a huge fight. Heavyweight is such a weak division these days. Ugggh. 

1/22/18 8:03 AM
9/13/11
Brockback Mountain - Rogan has really dug himself into a derp hole on this one.

Sort of like the khabib of heavyweight. No Ko power but would wrestlefuck people and gind them out. Always injured. Got spanked by Werdrum, got smashed by JDS in the first fight.

If he fought more he’d have a dozen belts. You can deny his legend due to injury but you can’t deny the absolute maulings he’s put on people. He took 10 years off JDS’s life, twice. Have you ever seen someone look like they’re own relative after 25 minutes? He’s a bad match up for anyone when fit. He’d finish that version of Francis inside 3 rounds.

1/22/18 8:19 AM
6/30/17
RepsOne -

If he fought more he’d have a dozen belts. You can deny his legend due to injury but you can’t deny the absolute maulings he’s put on people. He took 10 years off JDS’s life, twice. Have you ever seen someone look like they’re own relative after 25 minutes? He’s a bad match up for anyone when fit. He’d finish that version of Francis inside 3 rounds.

Everything you just said is conjecture.

1/22/18 8:24 AM
12/6/11
OCMikey -
NicolasRGC -
OCMikey - 

I hear you. An Overeem rematch would be interesting at this stage. I guess I'm just saying I'd rather see Brock get the shot over Cain, and there'd be way more money in it for everyone. That would be a huge fight. Heavyweight is such a weak division these days. Ugggh. 

No. Overeem got his soul taken in his last fight against Francis. If anything the only good fight for Stipe is Werdum. Cain is a risky fight in terms of Cain staying healthy to show up. I say let's bring on Brock, so that Stipe can get a red panty night and so that his name get better promotion.

1/22/18 9:25 AM
3/15/10
RepsOne -

Can I join you in hypothetical fantasy land?

Sounds like a fun place.

1/22/18 9:28 AM
4/28/06
I say Reem or Cain vs Brock (both rematches!), and the winner gets Stipe for the title
1/22/18 9:35 AM
2/24/07
Cain has 1 win in 4 years. No way he should be in the title discussion.
1/22/18 10:36 AM
11/28/03

ive never been a cain fan, but he is very  legit in the skills depo

1/22/18 2:49 PM
1/1/11
Menstrual Chicken wings and ketchup Bleu Cheese for dinner? NO THANKS!

1/22/18 3:50 PM
11/20/08

When Cain was on he was incredible! The guy had an unstoppable cardio, awesome striking, great wrestling.

I'd pick healthy sea-level Cain over Stipe.

1/22/18 3:57 PM
10/9/10

You think it’s Cain’s body, or the fact that he trains at AKA? Yes he seems to get injured a lot, but isn’t that pretty common with fighters than train there? I think the UG had an article that listed percentage of fighters that had been injured and AKA had the highest numbers. 

1/22/18 4:48 PM
4/19/15

I look at Cain the same way I look at other ex-fighters: a nice memory from a time long past.