UnderGround Forums Canelo claps at Masvidal "This is something else"

15 days ago
1/23/06

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/11/canelo-alvarez-says-jorge-masvidal-matchup-good-business-not-challenging-ufc-boxing-mma

“I say this with all respect: If I go into his sport, I have nothing to do there. And I think the same about boxing: If (MMA fighters) come into boxing, they have nothing to do here,” Alvarez told Little Giant Boxing. “But looking at it from a business standpoint, it is attractive, but it’s not a challenge for me, so it’s not my priority.”

“Because of money – because of the business and nothing else,” Alvarez said. “That’s the reality, because what else? They would’ve started boxing from the beginning if they really liked boxing. And I say this will all due respect, each to their own: I respect what they do and their sport, and they’re great fighters in what they do. But in boxing, well, it’s just something else.”

15 days ago
1/23/06
15 days ago
11/10/18

He’s exactly right. I’m genuinely surprised by the interest these crossover fights get from real fans. I understand that casual fans may think it’ll be competitive but real fans? Just odd

15 days ago
1/8/04
Eskimo - 

He’s exactly right. I’m genuinely surprised by the interest these crossover fights get from real fans. I understand that casual fans may think it’ll be competitive but real fans? Just odd

Canelo vs Jorge would make Floyd vs Conor look extremely competitive.
15 days ago
7/2/07
Street boxing 3 piece and a soda.

Man some of these MMA fighters are from the street / grew up the hard way.
15 days ago
5/22/17
Siciliano di Brooklyn -
Eskimo - 

True, but it would still be a one-sided beatdown unless Canelo carried him for a while.

15 days ago
11/1/19

Lol Canelo would put Jorge on life support. This is laughable. I can’t hate on Jorge for trying to cash out though. 

15 days ago
1/1/01
JThomasufc91 -

Lol Canelo would put Jorge on life support. This is laughable. I can’t hate on Jorge for trying to cash out though. 

He better get retirement money for a fight like that. His MMA career would suffer greatly after the abuse he'd take in the ring with Canelo.

15 days ago
6/14/12

Right after conor ko's floyd, mas will make quick work of canelo.

15 days ago
7/8/09

Canelo wouldn't carry Mas like Floyd carried Conor. Canelo is a mean fucker.

15 days ago
11/9/17
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite - 

This!

Canelo would have decapitated that Irish prick!
15 days ago
6/14/12
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite -

What if canelo bets on himself to win in the 10th ? 

15 days ago
3/16/07

I don’t really like Canelo, but he addressed this like a true boss. 

Edited: 15 days ago
4/19/10
Siciliano di Brooklyn -
Eskimo - 

Agreed

15 days ago
4/19/10
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite -

Yeh, he’d be in there to make a serious statement. It wouldn’t be pretty at all. 

15 days ago
9/22/16
Nothing wrong or inaccurate with his statement.

I'm all for Jorge collecting a payday, but you'd have to be a moron to think it'd be competitive. The reverse is true: James Toney's foray into MMA was laughable.
15 days ago
1/1/01
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite -

This. He would give zero fucks about the “show” and fucking kill him lol

15 days ago
3/6/07

Only haters will not give Conor his props. 

Conor did quite well. 

Jorge is just not in that level. Canelo would put a beating on Jorge. 

15 days ago
11/9/17
jkd4200 - 

Conor did quite well. 

smh! No, it's just hilarious how clueless you tards are about Boxing. For fucks sake, if FMJ walks you down, you pose absolutely utterly no threat.

15 days ago
7/29/13

Canelo would murder Jorge. And canelo isn't going to coast like Floyd. He's going to come in and take his fucking head off. 

15 days ago
1/17/03
JThomasufc91 -

This

15 days ago
3/21/12
PelosiesPanties - 
jkd4200 - 

Conor did quite well. 

smh! No, it's just hilarious how clueless you tards are about Boxing. For fucks sake, if FMJ walks you down, you pose absolutely utterly no threat.

Floyd looked like a bully going after some prey on the recess grounds. He wasn't concerned at all about getting hit, it was the most sloppy Floyd has ever looked.
15 days ago
6/27/18
TzTinkle - 
PelosiesPanties - 
jkd4200 - 

Conor did quite well. 

Floyd looked like a bully going after some prey on the recess grounds. He wasn't concerned at all about getting hit, it was the most sloppy Floyd has ever looked.

True. I have never seen Mayweather have such little respect for his opponent's power. Constantly walking down Conor, damn near walking into punches.

In the post-fight interview, Mayweather said that he wanted to see what Conor had.

15 days ago
6/27/02

There were other things involved with Conor / Floyd that this fight doesn’t have. Conor appeared for a while to have dynamite in his left hand. Was big, in his prime, had a long reach and Floyd was older. So regardless of what actually ended up happening there were some reasons to watch to see if Conor could shock the world. Hell the boxing community was terrified towards the end of the buildup thinking Conor was actually going to win.

This fight has zero mystery to it, imo. 

15 days ago
8/14/12

Conor had a size advantage over floyd too. Canelo is thick solid tight