UnderGround Forums Carwin got 2 million for Lesnar fight

5 days ago
8/27/08

Jesus!

Just read Carwins latest Reddit post re: Dana and Rockhold and he mentions he got 2 million to fight Lesnar. No wonder he's not coming back

5 days ago
1/17/10
I'm wordless.
5 days ago
4/11/12

Did he have PPV points?

5 days ago
8/22/14
murfamurph -

Did he have PPV points?

Probably. It was for a intirum belt 

5 days ago
2/3/10
Good for him
5 days ago
12/9/14

hmmm, so thats why he lay down and gave up in the 2nd. Had 2 million to live for

5 days ago
7/12/15
LogProducer -

hmmm, so thats why he lay down and gave up in the 2nd. Had 2 million to live for

Saying shit like this should be bannable
5 days ago
9/27/12
StankieEdgar -
LogProducer -

Ban free speech! Especially jokes! 

5 days ago
12/9/14
StankieEdgar -
LogProducer -

you should be banned for saying frankie smells, he still fights which means you're breaking the rules

5 days ago
1/1/01

Unless he got a lot of money later from PPV points this doesn't make sense.  Dana told a story awhile back about how he went backstage to console Carwin after his loss.  He gave him a $400,000 backstage bonus check and Carwin was overcome with tears.  While 400K isn't peanuts, it's a small amount compared to an agreed upon 2 million.  I think his contractual amount was likely not much more than 400 to 500K

5 days ago
6/18/12

^^^

Sure, if you include his sponsorship money.

5 days ago
4/19/17
LogProducer -

How does that even make sense? He would have made a shit load more in a rematch or as the champion, so taking a dive wouldn't help him. Also, there's no way he could have taken a dive with the bombs he was dropping in Brock. Ugh, now I'm mad at myself for responding to you.
5 days ago
6/18/12

Wait, I think Shane is trolling redditt.

Guns of America couldn't have given him that much.

According to MMAfighting, Carwin was under contract to make 40K to show, 80K to win...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/06/22/shane-carwin-to-make-40-000-to-show-80-000-to-win-at-ufc-116

5 days ago
6/18/12

Even with the story of the back room bonus that Soup reffers to (which I have never heard), that leaves over 1.56 million for his sponsors to foot.

And according to the article, he did not have PPV points.

Come back and explain yourself, Shane. :)

5 days ago
11/2/14

Schaub said in the podcast that after the fight they were sitting next to each other in the locker room crying. Then Dana came in and gave Shane a check, and when Schaub saw the amount he jokingly said they stopped crying and he said we goin sizzler. It went something like that but either way he meant that he got a fat bonus check after that performance.

5 days ago
7/12/15
MrRichardWiggler -
StankieEdgar -
LogProducer -

Its just fighter bashing. Supposedly against the rules.
5 days ago
7/12/15
LogProducer -
StankieEdgar -
LogProducer -

you should be banned for saying frankie smells, he still fights which means you're breaking the rules

Stankie doesnt mean smelly you old man
5 days ago
5/22/12
StankieEdgar -
MrRichardWiggler -
StankieEdgar -
LogProducer -

Its just fighter bashing. Supposedly against the rules.

It's clearly a joke.

5 days ago
6/18/12
justforsf -

Schaub said in the podcast that after the fight they were sitting next to each other in the locker room crying. Then Dana came in and gave Shane a check, and when Schaub saw the amount he jokingly said they stopped crying and he said we goin sizzler. It went something like that but either way he meant that he got a fat bonus check after that performance.

Yeah, never heard that story.

Either way, if he made 2 million total, good for him.

5 days ago
9/22/11
l remember after the fight he was crying in the locker room and Dana walked in with a big cheque that changed his mood.
5 days ago
12/13/15
bungee up -
murfamurph -

Did he have PPV points?

Wasnt it for undisputed? Carwin was already interim champ.
5 days ago
10/14/12
Soup and Beer -

Unless he got a lot of money later from PPV points this doesn't make sense.  Dana told a story awhile back about how he went backstage to console Carwin after his loss.  He gave him a $400,000 backstage bonus check and Carwin was overcome with tears.  While 400K isn't peanuts, it's a small amount compared to an agreed upon 2 million.  I think his contractual amount was likely not much more than 400 to 500K

what's 400k + 500k + PPV points for a lesnar fight + sponsorship money in the golden age of sponsors? especially for such a huge fight. probably around 2 million
5 days ago
10/30/03
StankieEdgar -
LogProducer -

So many laughs would be lost if your b**** ass was a mod
5 days ago
9/24/12
Wanderpage -
Soup and Beer -

what's 400k + 500k + PPV points for a lesnar fight + sponsorship money in the golden age of sponsors? especially for such a huge fight. probably around 2 million

He didn't say anything about sponsors. He was eferring directly to Dana and said 'He can say anything he wants about me, he paid me around 2 million for that fight'.

5 days ago
8/22/14
Cawsie77andConorTouchedMe -
bungee up -
murfamurph -

Did he have PPV points?

Wasnt it for undisputed? Carwin was already interim champ.

That actually sounds about right. I think Brock was out with his gut problems.  Who did he beat for the interim belt then?    To be honest I just remember him fighting for a interim belt around they time.