UnderGround Forums Chiesa sues McGregor

Edited: 7 days ago
12/8/12

Per TMZ

It was just a matter of time, but Conor McGregor has finally been sued by a UFC fighter for that April bus attack at Barclay's Center where he threw a steel dolly threw a window, injuring several people. 

The man behind the first lawsuit is Michael Chiesa -- who was scheduled to fight Anthony Pettis at UFC 223 but was forced to pull out due to the injuries he received in the bus attack. 

As we previously reported, Chiesa was on the bus with several fighters and UFC staffer when Conor and his gang of hooligans went berserk. Chiesa suffered cuts to his body and face. 

According to the lawsuit filed in state court in New York, Chiesa says he also suffered "severe emotional distress, mental trauma and/or bodily harm."

Chiesa is suing McGregor for assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress. 

He's also going after the Barclay's Center for negligence claiming they failed "to engage in proper security measures to protect the plaintiff and other patrons."

Chiesa doesn't specify how much he's going after in the suit -- but he's clearly looking for a big number because part of the damages he's seeking are the paychecks he lost due to missing that massive UFC event. 

Conor was arrested after the incident and charged with felony criminal mischief and 3 counts of misdemeanor assault. However, he later struck a plea deal with prosecutors in which he plead guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct and the other counts (including the felony) were dropped. 

Conor issued a statement thanking the D.A. for "allowing me to move forward."

There were other fighters injured in the attack including Rose Namajunas who has also told the media she was emotionally scarred. She hasn't sued yet but that's only a matter of time as well. 

Good thing Conor's rich ... 

7 days ago
12/8/12

Per TMZ

7 days ago
3/15/10

When keeping it real goes wrong.

7 days ago
11/21/02
Lol He was probably hoping to get a quick settlement and not have to go through with it publicly. I'm curious how much sympathy a jury will have for a cage fighter who fought a month later and only had a minor cut. I guess he's willing to roll the dice and hope they hate the cage fighter who threw the dolly.
7 days ago
11/9/17

Rifhtfully so! Retard went retard, all he cares about is money so hit him in the pocket!

7 days ago
2/24/07
Conor should have given him his show money, win money, Reebok money, and maybe a little extra. Say he was in a $50k + $50k contract, plus $15k Reebok, Conor should have thrown him $150k. Would have still been a great deal for Chriesa as he still fought a month later, against the same opponent, and had the opportunity to earn another $150k plus.

But now I see he’s being the typical douche and suing for emotional distress and that garbage. Don’t like Conor but will root against Chiesa for the rest of his career because of this
7 days ago
11/19/06

Cheisia the potato..

who who watches a dolly thrown at your face?

7 days ago
1/1/01
surprised it took this long.
7 days ago
6/17/11
FrontBroRian - Conor should have given him his show money, win money, Reebok money, and maybe a little extra. Say he was in a $50k + $50k contract, plus $15k Reebok, Conor should have thrown him $150k. Would have still been a great deal for Chriesa as he still fought a month later, against the same opponent, and had the opportunity to earn another $150k plus.

But now I see he’s being the typical douche and suing for emotional distress and that garbage. Don’t like Conor but will root against Chiesa for the rest of his career because of this

Yeah, he's so douchey because he's pissed about getting hit with fucking glass near his eye for no good reason and doesn't think McGregor should get away with it with a slap on the wrist. Let me guess, you would have taken care of it "like a real man" if you were him.
7 days ago
2/6/11

Good on him 

7 days ago
2/24/07
McSurly - 
FrontBroRian - Conor should have given him his show money, win money, Reebok money, and maybe a little extra. Say he was in a $50k + $50k contract, plus $15k Reebok, Conor should have thrown him $150k. Would have still been a great deal for Chriesa as he still fought a month later, against the same opponent, and had the opportunity to earn another $150k plus.

Yeah, he's so douchey because he's pissed about getting hit with fucking glass near his eye for no good reason and doesn't think McGregor should get away with it with a slap on the wrist. Let me guess, you would have taken care of it "like a real man" if you were him.

Oh no glass “near his eye!!” The horror. Maybe he and rose can bunker down in an apartment together to isolate from the world while they carpool to therapy for the awful ptsd they both have from witnessing a dolly hit a huge bus.

Hopefully neither is ever involved in a minor fender bender. They’d never leave the house again.
7 days ago
6/17/11
FrontBroRian - 
McSurly - 

Oh no glass “near his eye!!” The horror. Maybe he and rose can bunker down in an apartment together to isolate from the world while they carpool to therapy for the awful ptsd they both have from witnessing a dolly hit a huge bus.

Hopefully neither is ever involved in a minor fender bender. They’d never leave the house again.

You're soooooooo bad ass.
7 days ago
7/12/15

Good. Conor is set to make a ton of money off doing that. The UFC is using it in all their promotions. Chiesa dserves a cut. So does Borg. So does Rose. 

7 days ago
3/18/02

i can assure you that absolutely no one cares that you will not be rooting for chiesa, including chiesa himself, as well as quite literally the other 7 billion people on this planet.  Not a single one. 

7 days ago
2/24/07
BigEyedFish - 

i can assure you that absolutely no one cares that you will not be rooting for chiesa, including chiesa himself, as well as quite literally the other 7 billion people on this planet.  Not a single one. 

Probably not..and they equally don’t care that you disagree. However we’re on a message board where we post comments. Sorry that’s a struggle for you.

Go sue someone
7 days ago
3/18/02

not probably

7 days ago
6/21/07

Man I am really confused by your post.

First, you sound like you think Chiesa deserves to get paid out for the incident. You even put a figure on it, $150K.

Then you end the post by saying Chiesa is a douche for trying to get paid out for the incident, and want him to lose his future fights.

Maybe you can organize your thoughts and clear that up for us.
6 days ago
9/22/11
StankieEdgar -

Good. Conor is set to make a ton of money off doing that. The UFC is using it in all their promotions. Chiesa dserves a cut. So does Borg. So does Rose. 

Yeah they say he isn't doing promotion but he has already done it when he threw that trolley.

6 days ago
10/26/05

If he was forced out by Conor's antics, then by all means, Conor owes him his show and win money. That's fair. But severe emotional distress? It smells like faggot in Chiesa's house. 

6 days ago
1/14/12

McGregor should probably expect to have everyone on the bus sue especially if Chiesa is successful even the driver.

6 days ago
12/12/12

LoL @ Chiesa...

He won't stop losing fights so I guess he's gonna try winning in court...

I bet "Thug" Rose and Ray Borg are gonna follow in his foot steps no doubt...

6 days ago
7/12/15
Thuglife13 -

LoL @ Chiesa...

He won't stop losing fights so I guess he's gonna try winning in court...

I bet "Thug" Rose and Ray Borg are gonna follow in his foot steps no doubt...

and why shouldn't they? 

6 days ago
11/26/16
StankieEdgar -

Why does Rose?

6 days ago
12/12/12

Yeah that^

6 days ago
7/12/15
hyperfire -
StankieEdgar -

Why does Rose?

It's clearly had an impact on her. Conor is set to make a ton of money off throwing that dolly. The people he used in that moment deserve a cut, and they'll get it.