UnderGround Forums Cody Garbrandt Grabs TJ Dillashaw by the Throat

4/20/17 9:43 AM
2/21/11
newjack900 - 
Stin -
NicolasRGC -
LucasWeiss - Cody seems like such an agro douche

He totally is but also an amazing fighter. He just completely dismantled Cruz. But yeah I see him going off the rails sometime in the future. Dude has a huge chip on his shoulder and doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed. Hope he can keep it together cuz he's super talented.
I can't help but think Cruz needed the money and didn't want to pull out of another fight due to injury. That he genuinely thought he could beat Cody whilst injured.
Perhaps Cody is so good he makes Cruz look off, but most likely Cruz fought injured.

Cruz feet were fucked. He's slowly trickled it out and it was pretty obvious that Cruz without his normal movement wasn't going to scare anybody with such a lack of power.

Except he himself said he was 100% and it was the best version of himself. Cody seemed to keep his cool pretty damn well against Cruz. He even won the mental battle in the cage.
4/20/17 9:54 AM
8/30/12

That was pretty hilarious the way he snatched TJ's neck. 

4/20/17 9:55 AM
8/27/08

Just let him bang bro

4/20/17 9:57 AM
10/12/12
carcaju -
newjack900 - 
Stin -
NicolasRGC -

He totally is but also an amazing fighter. He just completely dismantled Cruz. But yeah I see him going off the rails sometime in the future. Dude has a huge chip on his shoulder and doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed. Hope he can keep it together cuz he's super talented.
I can't help but think Cruz needed the money and didn't want to pull out of another fight due to injury. That he genuinely thought he could beat Cody whilst injured.
Perhaps Cody is so good he makes Cruz look off, but most likely Cruz fought injured.

Cruz feet were fucked. He's slowly trickled it out and it was pretty obvious that Cruz without his normal movement wasn't going to scare anybody with such a lack of power.

Except he himself said he was 100% and it was the best version of himself. Cody seemed to keep his cool pretty damn well against Cruz. He even won the mental battle in the cage.
He wasn't though. When Dom was on Rogans podcast he said how his plantar fasciitis was the worst it's ever been and Cruzs whole style revolves around footwork. Cody did make it look easy though not taking anything away from him.
4/20/17 9:59 AM
1/12/15
in_different -

You know, some guy could be a savage. he could train martial arts for 10 years. He could come from a background in wrestling, know how to punch, kick, counter, change stances, submit and counter.

But one punch to the throat, even a cheap shot, will incapacitate a man. Now of course, Cody went for a throat grab, to choke, and was seperated shortly after, but this kind of video shows his limited mental capacity. His victim issues, anger, insecurities, and short temper on full display. 

It's a shame this is the guy representing Team Alpha Male, i realIy like or liked that camp. And I think being an alpha is more about being secure in your environments and poised in your decision making.

Let's not over analyze what happens on TUF. This kind of shit happens every season there are "rival" coaches. Tito and Ken having to be separated, Rampage and Rashad, Chael and Wanderlei, Joanna and Claudia, Meisha and Ronda, etc. It's almost like some director talks to them and says they need something for the sizzle reel...
4/20/17 11:25 AM
11/27/13
NickDiazsSpinningBackfist -
carcaju -
newjack900 - 
Stin -
NicolasRGC -

He wasn't though. When Dom was on Rogans podcast he said how his plantar fasciitis was the worst it's ever been and Cruzs whole style revolves around footwork. Cody did make it look easy though not taking anything away from him.

"Not taking anything away from him"

well yeh you kind of are.

4/20/17 12:38 PM
11/29/11

Codys little man syndrome is going into high gear with 20 dudes in the room twice his size 

4/20/17 12:50 PM
7/5/13

I like both. Don't really care about the faggy he said she said stuff. Cody is a damn good fighter but I wouldn't be surprised if TJ works him

4/20/17 12:59 PM
7/27/13
Politically Incorrect -

Bunch of fucking midgets dude, what "man" doesn't have enough inertia to not be nearly pushed to the ground from a half assed throats push? 

Pussies. 

Dillashaw could literally beat you to death with one hand

4/20/17 1:06 PM
9/3/15
Anyone else notice that Cody pretty much only speaks in cheesy quotes that girls put on their instagram?
4/20/17 5:10 PM
1/20/06
It seems like Cody is going extra hard to represent because Faber is there. He's a loyal lapdog for sure.
4/20/17 7:26 PM
11/3/06
wiggum - Throat punch as the apex of martial arts.
Whoooo kung fu MF'ers! People are finally catching on. Roy Nelson knows what's up yo.
4/20/17 7:38 PM
11/3/06
In Cody's defense, you don't step into another dude's bubble. That's common etiquette.
4/20/17 8:10 PM
4/21/09
mackass -

"He stepped into my bubble and got into my personal space, so I snatched him up like an eagle" lmao

That shit had me laughing so hard. Cody is so dumb, yet can be so funny.
4/20/17 8:12 PM
4/22/07
evh - cody: "how am i fake?"

cody steps to tj and then grabs his throat

cody: "he stepped in my bubble and got in my personal space"

ok dude

Exactly. Great fighter but not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
4/20/17 8:14 PM
4/22/07
R00STER - In Cody's defense, you don't step into another dude's bubble. That's common etiquette.

Cody was the bubble blower here
4/20/17 8:23 PM
6/23/14
ShanTheMan -
evh - cody: "how am i fake?"

cody steps to tj and then grabs his throat

cody: "he stepped in my bubble and got in my personal space"

ok dude

Exactly. Great fighter but not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
4/20/17 11:28 PM
4/20/08
mackass -

"He stepped into my bubble and got into my personal space, so I snatched him up like an eagle" lmao

I have been replaying the video online today and the snatched up like an eagle line makes me lol every time. 

4/20/17 11:34 PM
11/3/06
ShanTheMan -
R00STER - In Cody's defense, you don't step into another dude's bubble. That's common etiquette.

Cody was the bubble blower here
"We have a rule around here about blowing bubbles: 'All bubble-blowing babies will be beaten senseless by every able-bodied patron in the bar.'"

- Bar thug from Spongebob movie
Edited: 4/20/17 11:47 PM
1/24/13

Cody is very emotional and seems to have zero control...

4/21/17 12:01 AM
1/1/01
Politically Incorrect -

Bunch of fucking midgets dude, what "man" doesn't have enough inertia to not be nearly pushed to the ground from a half assed throats push? 

Pussies. 

Look at this guy

4/21/17 12:08 AM
4/21/09
Samoa -
Politically Incorrect -

Pussies. 

Look at this guy

*insert We gotta badass over here .gif
4/21/17 1:04 AM
7/31/15
wiggum - Throat punch as the apex of martial arts.

^^THIS
4/21/17 5:09 AM
6/8/08

How much did each get paid personally for that act, are the numbers out yet?

4/21/17 5:53 AM
7/10/12
NicolasRGC -

"Dude has a huge chip on his shoulder"

Actually he's quite balanced

As in he has a huge chip on both shoulders