I didnt see the first 2 Pac/JMM fights in full, I thought Marquez won the 3rd (though still in a close fight). Tonight was wild with Pac coming back to show the zest that made him so good - the speed, the footwork, etc. He got knocked down pretty badly and even had to take a second to recover after trying to get up i thought but then had his own knockdown and then had JMM hurt later that round was it where JMM was holding on rubbery legs but still firing back.
Pac seemed to be leading but JMM was still sharp and dangerous and that 5th round was it was almost over and Pac walked right into it. BAM. Manny Pacquiao knocked out...cold. Was pretty scary for a while....i knew it was over after about the 1st count and he lay motion less.
So here are my questions:
1) Does anyone want to see a 5th fight?
2) Will or should Manny retire?
3) Does Manny still have the power and speed to maintain his style? He hadnt had a KO in like 3 years
4) How could 3 fights that went so close, so evenly match end with a KTFO like that? I guess as they said, JMM is the best counter puncher in the game...but what about Floyd?
5) Was Floyd that much better overall than JMM or was it a style thing or size?
6) Manny was supposed to have won the 1st fight on the cards if not for the scoring error: do most people think he clearly won that?
7) Most people and writers thought JMM won fight 3, what about fight 2? I think the HBO commentators tonight mentioned a narrow majority of writers though JMM won fight 2
8) Pac's heart and body still seemed to be into it but its clear he's peaked, is it worth another fight or 2? With who?
9) Has there ever been a 4 fight rivalry prior in boxing?
* Props to both guys for giving each other props after, I just cant believe JMM capitalized and finished the business in crazy fashion like this.