UnderGround Forums Conor apologizes to Gonard

1 day ago
12/28/12

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbfA5HMgGMc/

thenotoriousmma

I sincerely apologize for my behavior at last weekends fight event in Dublin. While trying to support a loyal teammate and friend, I let my emotions get the best of me and acted out of line. As a multiple weight UFC champion, executive producer, role model and public figure, I must hold myself to a higher standard. 
The referee Marc Gonard was making a horrendous decision in trying to pick an unconscious fighter up off the floor and force the fight to continue into the second round. Even against the wishes of the said fighters coach. The fight was over. 
After witnessing my fighter in a fight where the worst happened and the opponent passed away from his injuries on the night, I thought the worst was about to happen again, and I lost it and over reacted. I am sorry to everyone. 
I sincerely apologize to the Director of the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation, Mike Mazzulli, all the officials and staff working the event, Andy Ryan and his fighter John, two stonch ones that put up a great fight every time. That side will always have my respect, and lastly every one of my fans. I love yous all! 
I’ve always learned from my mistakes and this will be no different.

1 day ago
12/28/12

And also implies that he was intervening to prevent a death, which is probably even worse behavior than jumping in the ring and being a jackass.

1 day ago
10/3/16
He didn't apologize to him though. He called him Marc Gonard. Nards means testicles. Maybe it was just a typo but I doubt it.
1 day ago
7/18/11

“The referee Marc Gonard was making a horrendous decision in trying to pick an unconscious fighter up off the floor and force the fight to continue into the second round.”

I didn’t see the whole fight. What’s up with that?

1 day ago
12/28/12
MarcusAurelioFan - He didn't apologize to him though. He called him Marc Gonard. Nards means testicles. Maybe it was just a typo but I doubt it.

Right, that was my point

1 day ago
8/3/12
SickEye -

“The referee Marc Gonard was making a horrendous decision in trying to pick an unconscious fighter up off the floor and force the fight to continue into the second round.”

Deflecting blame

1 day ago
12/28/12
SickEye -

It sounds like a fighter who was in the stands knowingly intervened in the outcome of a fight in order to force an outcome that benefitted his friend. That seems worse to me than what he was originally accused of.

1 day ago
9/10/13

Did Conor watch the video or what? Maybe he was so blasted he just doesn’t remember but none of what he wrote makes any sense. 

1 day ago
4/12/11
what a shitty apology
1 day ago
12/31/09
Damn, you have to laugh... what a piss taker!

With that and his silly little tweet at pub throwing out on Sunday he's not going to win any fans back but he doesn't look like he cares.
1 day ago
6/27/09

I've seen politicians give a more convincing apology

1 day ago
5/13/11
Fakest lame ads deflection and lies ever. He wasn't trying to help anything, and Goddard wasn't trying to do what he claims. He was trying to check on the fighter as he had not officially stopped the fight yet.

Connor has no class. He had an opportunity to take his medicine and move on, and instead doubles down on his immaturity and ego.
1 day ago
11/27/13

The fight was already called wasn’t it?

1 day ago
10/25/11
MarcusAurelioFan - He didn't apologize to him though. He called him Marc Gonard. Nards means testicles. Maybe it was just a typo but I doubt it.

Should have just out right said Gonad and dropped the R ... we know what he's implying

1 day ago
10/24/14

Really poor from Conor, this is he best his PR team could come up with? You're a 2 weight world champion multi millionaire celebrity and you can't even make a proper apology and admit you were wrong. Embarrassing. To use the guy who died as a reason for your behaviour is he icing on the cake, really fucking low.

1 day ago
5/13/11
KING Stannis Baratheon -

The fight was already called wasn’t it?

Not technically no. Goddard didn't have the chance to assess the situation. The bell had rung. He needs to evaluate the fighter and communicate to the judges/officials.

He had no time because the coke head egomaniac assumed and jumped the cage.
1 day ago
4/28/15
His picture he included with it on his Facebook post is hilarious.
1 day ago
5/17/10

I’ll have to go back and watch it again but at no point did I think that Marc was going to let the fight continue 

1 day ago
12/28/12
SDONOVAN82 -

I’ll have to go back and watch it again but at no point did I think that Marc was going to let the fight continue 

He discusses it here: https://t.co/XoPVcj3Uu3

1 day ago
5/13/11
SDONOVAN82 -

He wasn't. He apparently said to Connor as he first tried to separate them from their loving embrace, that he hadn't even called the fight yet.

Connor lost his mind at that point. He is now trying to justify his terrible behavior with lies, and pretending that he was concerned for safety. He is trying to spin a prior death in the cage to pretend he was doing something noble by assaulting Goddard and another official.
1 day ago
9/22/11
Now apologize to these gonads mick.
1 day ago
1/24/17

lmao at the smiling trollface picture he included with the apology on instagram

1 day ago
2/15/06
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Fakest lame ads deflection and lies ever. He wasn't trying to help anything, and Goddard wasn't trying to do what he claims. He was trying to check on the fighter as he had not officially stopped the fight yet.

Connor has no class. He had an opportunity to take his medicine and move on, and instead doubles down on his immaturity and ego.

Well said.
1 day ago
8/29/17

and what about pimp slapping the Bellator official for daring to make him get off the cage? was that not worth mentioning? 

1 day ago
1/1/15
THE GOAT DOES WHAT THE GOAT WANTS!!! FOOK MARK GONAD!!!