UnderGround Forums Conor signs - now up to Floyd

5/18/17 12:45 AM
8/31/10

Conor McGregor said that he has officially signed a contract to fight Floyd Mayweather.

In a statement to Themaclife.com, the UFC lightweight champion said he has signed a "record breaking deal" to fight Mayweather.

"The first, and most important part of this historic contract has now officially been signed off on. Congratulations to all parties involved. We now await [Mayweather's advisor] Al Haymon and his boxer's signature in the coming days."

UFC president Dana White also said that McGregor's camp has agreed to the bout.

Appearing on TNT's postgame wrap-up of Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals on Wednesday night, White was asked by Shaquille O'Neal whether the fight will happen.

"The McGregor side is done," White said. "I'm starting to work on the Mayweather side now.

"I'm not saying the fight will happen, but I've got one side done, now it's time to work on the other. If we can come to a deal with Haymon and Mayweather, the fight's gonna happen."

White added the much-anticipated bout would be "straight-up boxing."

Earlier Wednesday, Mayweather said that he was awaiting information from White and McGregor.

"I'm not here to throw anybody under the bus, [and] I can't sit here and say that they are waiting on us," Mayweather said in London. "I'm not saying that. And we're not waiting on them.

"I have a team for [negotiating], but as soon as their side [the UFC] communicates with our side, then the fight will happen."

Over the weekend, White told ESPN's Brett Okamoto that his plan was to lock in McGregor by this past Sunday and then move to firm up Mayweather.

"We're right there to get this deal done, we've just got to get the deal done," White told ESPN on Saturday. "I would like to get it done this Sunday and start negotiating with Team Mayweather, and if that deal can get done then we'll get it done, and if it can't, I need to move on."

While there have been no firm deadlines established for the fight to come together, White said McGregor wants to fight twice this year.

"He wants to fight twice this year and one of those fights to be Floyd, if possible," White previously told ESPN.

Mayweather on Wednesday said he only has designs on McGregor.

"There's only one fight that makes business sense," Mayweather said. "I came out of retirement because I'm a businessman and I want to give the world what they want to see.

"McGregor's a fighter. I'm a fighter. This is what the fight fans and MMA fans want to see."

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19407198/dana-white-tells-nba-tnt-crew-conor-mcgregor-now-floyd-mayweather

5/18/17 1:07 AM
10/18/12

Damn

5/18/17 1:14 AM
4/21/09
This is such a crock of shit. Does anyone think Floyd Mayweather is going to agree to Dana and Connors terms? Dana is only doing this so he can say, "see not our fault. We got our side done. Floyd must be scared"

What a joke. Yeah Floyd's gonna be bending over for the UFC any day now. Lol
5/18/17 1:20 AM
12/22/12
Bam57Bam - This is such a crock of shit. Does anyone think Floyd Mayweather is going to agree to Dana and Connors terms? Dana is only doing this so he can say, "see not our fault. We got our side done. Floyd must be scared"

yeah you're probably gonna be right.

5/18/17 2:42 AM
5/8/15
Bam57Bam - This is such a crock of shit. Does anyone think Floyd Mayweather is going to agree to Dana and Connors terms? Dana is only doing this so he can say, "see not our fault. We got our side done. Floyd must be scared"

What about the money though?

5/18/17 2:51 AM
2/26/17

I dont think this fight makes as much money as people think it will. Most boxing fans that aren't MMA fans don't give a shit about this fight. Add in the fact that GGG vs Canelo is happening, which might sell more PPV than the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight, people may not be willing to spend on a freak show fight. The only people I see ordering this are hardcore MMA fans.

5/18/17 3:13 AM
9/3/12
seekmurph -

I dont think this fight makes as much money as people think it will. Most boxing fans that aren't MMA fans don't give a shit about this fight. Add in the fact that GGG vs Canelo is happening, which might sell more PPV than the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight, people may not be willing to spend on a freak show fight. The only people I see ordering this are hardcore MMA fans.

You're wrong on that, this fight is going to be talked about on every channel there is, gonna be huge 

5/18/17 3:28 AM
6/7/11
ShoreBreaker -
seekmurph -

You're wrong on that, this fight is going to be talked about on every channel there is, gonna be huge 

The simple fact that Floyd is coming out of retirement is huge and would sell on its own. Add in McGregor and that sells on its own. Throw in McGregor is boxing and that increases buys. And finally make that McGregor boxing Floyd and Fliyd boxing McGregor (both sides, boxing and mma see it differently) and you have a massive ppv. Thinking anything less is just being stupid.
5/18/17 3:33 AM
3/17/14
This is the worst thing to see. When has Floyd ever taken his time to sign a contract he liked? Never.

This contract is shit I'm sure. If the money is right Floyd will fight.
5/18/17 4:42 AM
10/6/15
seekmurph -

GGG doesn't draw that much, only sells around 200,000 per ppv

and I think die hard boxing fans that aren't into MMA will watch to enjoy seeing a boxer beat an MMA fighter

5/18/17 4:57 AM
1/23/06
Conor is going to punch his lights out, no way Floyd gets in there with a 28 year old Irish bomber.

Mayweather has to find a way out of this one. Floyd is going to be about 41 if they box. Pack those Louis bags, then carry em for Uncle Dana and Money McGregor.

49-1 and all it took was one. We will reach singularity as a single strike removes Floyd from his senses, smooth.

"Floyd.. Floyd!"

"Huh? Huh?!"

"You got caught."
5/18/17 5:24 AM
1/1/01

Image result for EDMOND TARVERDYAN

5/18/17 5:34 AM
6/16/07
CRE - Conor is going to punch his lights out, no way Floyd gets in there with a 28 year old Irish bomber.

Mayweather has to find a way out of this one. Floyd is going to be about 41 if they box. Pack those Louis bags, then carry em for Uncle Dana and Money McGregor.

49-1 and all it took was one. We will reach singularity as a single strike removes Floyd from his senses, smooth.

"Floyd.. Floyd!"

"Huh? Huh?!"

"You got caught."

wow, going against Michigan boxing, for shame.
5/18/17 5:37 AM
10/27/03

This is a huge announcement. Dana managed to sign the guy already under contract to him!

Edited: 5/18/17 5:46 AM
1/23/06
Nick Diaz still GOAT - 
CRE - Conor is going to punch his lights out, no way Floyd gets in there with a 28 year old Irish bomber.

"Floyd.. Floyd!"

"Huh? Huh?!"

"You got caught."

wow, going against Michigan boxing, for shame.

3rd generation Dubliner. The Irish saved my people.The local economy of my family's homeland was collapsed during an occupation by the Japanese in WW2. My Grandma grew up in Dublin with her brothers from age 6 until she graduated from Trinity College. Deal with it.

5/18/17 5:52 AM
10/6/14

This. Its a joke.
5/18/17 6:01 AM
6/23/11
Either case, this fight is so big that I'm sick of hearing about it.
5/18/17 6:37 AM
9/5/11
FingerorMoon -

This is a huge announcement. Dana managed to sign the guy already under contract to him!

To fight in another promotion's event. Does it all the time, right? 

5/18/17 8:49 AM
6/18/16
FingerorMoon -

Lol
5/18/17 8:50 AM
1/1/01
Image result for edmond tarverdyan
5/18/17 8:56 AM
7/2/09
"Beg me." - Floyd Mayweather.
Edited: 5/18/17 9:00 AM
6/28/10
seekmurph -

You are fucking crazy and never become a promoter.

Floyd is boxing biggest PPV seller, Conor is Conor. How in the hell would you think this doesn't sell a fuck ton?

5/18/17 9:04 AM
3/22/13
Still don't believe this fight will happen, no way FMJ will risk Conor kicking his teeth out 'by accident'
5/18/17 9:18 AM
1/27/14
seekmurph -

The hardcore boxing and MMA fans have nothing to do with the success of this fight

What makes a fight huge is when it attracts the casual fans and the rest of the world
5/18/17 9:39 AM
2/24/07
Southpaw76 - 

This. Its a joke.

This... "Hey Floyd here's a contract that states McGregror gets 40%, and the UFC get 50% and it takes place in the Octagon in Ireland. Mcgregor's already signed. Sign here ----> ________."