UnderGround Forums DC: Khabib will be the only guy that never loses

4/18/18 6:50 AM
8/3/11

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/17/17249420/daniel-cormier-conor-mcgregor-will-get-taken-down-and-smashed-by-khabib-nurmagomedov

“He’ll be the only guy that never loses,” Cormier said Tuesday while on a media tour to promote The Ultimate Fighter 27. “He’s not going to lose, man. They won’t know how to deal with him. He’s going to be the only guy that goes through this whole thing without losing. Because I’m not sure he’s going to be here that long. But while he’s here, nobody’s going to beat him.”

The list of fighters who can’t beat Nurmagomedov includes former lightweight and featherweight champion Conor McGregor, in Cormier’s opinion.

Cormier concedes McGregor’s controversial UFC 223 media day attack on a van in which Nurmagomedov was sitting will help turn their potential bout into a giant moneymaker, but it won’t be a fight which ends well for the Irishman.

“He’ll fight Conor McGregor,” the UFC light heavyweight champion said. “It’s going to happen. I think because of the finances, it will be the most viable fight for [McGregor]. He created more interest in that fight with that crazy action that he did. He’s going to get taken down and smashed.”

Cormier bases his take on what went down at the UFC 189 fight between McGregor and short-notice replacement Chad Mendes. Mendes controlled McGregor for most of two rounds before making the fatal mistake of letting him back up after a choke attempt.

If that was the case for McGregor against a featherweight wrestler, then Cormier doesn’t see how McGregor can handle Nurmagomedov’s smothering ground game.

“When I watch Conor fight Chad Mendes, Chad Mendes is a great wrestler but he’s small,” Cormier said. “He beat him up for two rounds. He beat Conor for two rounds until Conor got up.

“He had done that for two straight rounds on 10 days’ notice. He ain’t getting up like Al Iaquinta got up. You see what happens when you get stuck under Khabib. You become frickin’ Edson Barboza and Michael Johnson.”

Cormier also dismissed the critics of Nurmagomedov’s performance against Iaquinta, noting that the bar must be set pretty high if people aren’t impressed with a 50-43 fight.

“I know Joe [Rogan] got a lot of criticism for when he said, when he walked into the Octagon he was the most unbeatable guy [but] by the third or fourth round he had so many holes that they could envision four or five guys beating him. Those guys have no chance. He beat Al Iaquinta easy, man. When you’re winning a fight 50-43, and people are judging you as if you didn’t fight well, you know that you’re on a whole different stratosphere.”

4/18/18 7:31 AM
7/26/15

Says his teammate.  Nobody leaves undefeated and neither will Khabib 

4/18/18 1:16 PM
7/13/11

Every time he steps in to fight, he could get caught by a lucky punch. That's the sport. Skill and talent don't always come out on top. 

That being said, if habib fights conor ,he's getting knocked out just like aldo.

4/18/18 5:36 PM
11/16/09
UGCTT_I Am Bones Jones Ignition Interlock Device -

Every time he steps in to fight, he could get caught by a lucky punch. That's the sport. Skill and talent don't always come out on top. 

That being said, if habib fights conor ,he's getting knocked out just like aldo.

Agreed, but I don't think Conor will get knocked out just like Aldo did. I think Conor will get taken down, and then punched in the face until it's stopped. 

4/18/18 5:47 PM
6/23/14
Khabib will get KO'd if he keeps striking with guys. If he shoots for tds from the opening bell then he has a good chance if staying undefeated.
4/18/18 5:48 PM
1/1/01
NBKfanforlife -

Says his teammate.  Nobody leaves undefeated and neither will Khabib 

Just depends on how long and who he fights. If he fights 1-3 more times he might go out undefeated. If he fights 4 or more he’ll probably lose one. Just my opinion 

4/18/18 6:00 PM
2/14/11

Lol, Conor leaves him face down, out cold and dreaming of Bears. 

Conor via 1st round KO. 

4/18/18 6:37 PM
1/1/01
Boner McGregor - 

Conor via 1st round KO. 

Fucking Conor is the most over-rated guy to ever fight for any length of time in the UFC.

You damn people are delusional as hell. Nate kicked the shit out of him on no notice. Khabib will maul him in a severe manner...and it wont even be competitive.
4/18/18 8:12 PM
2/28/10
Everyone knows Jones is undefeated
4/18/18 8:18 PM
4/11/10

Conor fanboys are probably steaming over this shit

4/18/18 8:19 PM
3/23/07

Wrong.

4/18/18 10:20 PM
7/10/02
He could remain undefeated, but we all realize he gets clipped once in a while and that could be his downfall. And that another wrestler with great takedown defense could be a nemesis. I don't think a great BJJ would be though like in past days vs wrestlers. The sport has evolved so much that he probably can neutralize most attacks from the bottom.

4/18/18 10:28 PM
4/19/17

As soon as Conor beats him I hope Khabib retires....or his Daddy tells him he has to quit lol.

4/18/18 11:01 PM
2/25/15
I don't believe Khabib is invincible after seeing him fight Laquinta.

I think the ideal fighter to stop Khabib would be someone with decent wrestling (to stop TDs in later rounds), decent ground games (to survive early rounds), and vastly superior striking (almost everyone). I think Tony is a pretty good candidate for this.

Even Connor, i could see a fight similar to his Mendes fight happening. Or Connor could simply get finished before the third round :P
Edited: 4/18/18 11:10 PM
4/24/17

I think Conor beats him. People always talk shit about great fighters' opponents instead of giving the fighter credit for neutralizing an important part of their game.

The reason Alvarez didn't use his wrestling more wasn't that he forgot he could wrestle or suddenly decided he could outbox one of the best pure boxers in MMA, it's just that Conor made it that hard for him.

Either way Khabib's a monster and could definitely beat him, this is the fight I want to see more than any other.

But lol at people still going with the narrative that Conor can't fight and has been given everything on a platter. You have to seriously hate the guy with a passion to hold on to a view that retarded.

4/18/18 11:12 PM
9/13/06
Dryfly - 
Boner McGregor - 

Conor via 1st round KO. 

Fucking Conor is the most over-rated guy to ever fight for any length of time in the UFC.

You damn people are delusional as hell. Nate kicked the shit out of him on no notice. Khabib will maul him in a severe manner...and it wont even be competitive.

This. Could Conor catch him? Of course. Is it likely? Not so much.
4/18/18 11:53 PM
2/5/11

Besides Ben Askren

4/18/18 11:59 PM
3/6/07

And this is why the fight is going to be so good. And the lead up to this fight is going to be great debates. 

Khabib has not been hit by a guy like Conor. But Conor does know what to expect from the grappling. 

4/19/18 12:03 AM
1/1/01

The fights he didn’t make weight is a L imo.

4/19/18 12:05 AM
3/18/02
YonYones - 

Besides Ben Askren

I think he meant fighters in the top MMA organization fighting the toughest fighters 

4/19/18 12:44 AM
11/9/14

Jon jones will be the only fighter undefeated. DC will always be number 2, fake champ as long As Jon is in the ufc 

4/19/18 2:24 AM
3/12/18
YonYones -

Besides Ben Askren

^^^^^This is the only man that could possibly get the job done against Khabib. Other then that everyone in the division falls to him including Conor. 

4/19/18 2:27 AM
11/10/15
Conor will be one of Khabib's easiest fights. Nate Diaz tooled him in 1st match and in 2nd match it was 50:50. Conor knows this and will try to avoid this fight as long as possible.

Conor will get taken down easy and controlled each round and that will be that, or get submitted.

re: Alvarez, this is also the reason why Conor won't be able to fully utilize his striking. The fear of takedown and getting mauled on the ground prevents strikers from going all out. Further, Conor's cardio is suspect. Later rounds only benefit Khabib.

50:43 Khabib or submission in round 3. This will look nasty.

The guy to beat Khabib may be Tony, but it will be very tough. He too will get taken down and controlled. In the division, IMO, Lee has the wrestling to do something, that is about it, 20% chance max.
4/19/18 2:56 AM
9/23/07
Jon jones never lost.
4/19/18 5:47 AM
9/5/11
absolutesperry -

The fights he didn’t make weight is a L imo.

Well there’s that too...