11 days ago
11/28/03

brock failed usada too...

11 days ago
11/25/10
Politically Incorrect -
8flat -

Brock too old, too slow. 

And LOL at a double-leg......olympic level DC couldn't even take Jones down, and he's 2x better wrestler than Brock.  I'd love to see Jones get smashed but Lesnar ain't the one to pull it off.

This beating will make diverticulitis seem like a pool party.

Yeah well Jon has a MASSIVE leverage advantage over DC and Jon is more of a Greco guy. It’s a nightmare of a task for DC to get through that huge ass reach, to clinch with a guy that loves the clinch and is 6 inches taller than him. 

Gustafsson took Jon down easily though, he doesn’t have that massive leverage advantage over him. I’m not counting Brock getting a takedown or two out of the picture yet, but I am absolutely sure money taking Jones by TKO (elbows) Brock will get tired and Jon will take him down and finish him quickly. 

All im sayin is that it might not be as easy for Jon as most think, I think Brock could win a round before tiring. 

True but I think Brock's double leg will fail.  He might get an ugly TD or two, I suppose.  Good point on Gustafsson.

I don't think it'll be easy for Jones either, but he's so much faster and more precise with striking.  Brock's striking is so bad that the last 3-4 rounds he turns into a bloody mess, IMO. 

I wish this fight could've taken place 6yrs ago during Brock's prime........

When he beat up Couture he gave him props for "getting in this cage with a young buck like me"....I wonder if Jones will do the same.

11 days ago
8/14/14

I’d rather see Jon Jones vs stipe 

11 days ago
11/9/17

Battle of the steroid cheats! Yay! UFC is a joke!

11 days ago
10/20/10

Every opponent Jones faces should use the walkout song "eyeless" by slipknot.

11 days ago
12/1/03
5541james - 

I’d rather see Jon Jones vs stipe 

Stipe would take his lunch money
11 days ago
8/19/15
8flat -
Politically Incorrect -
8flat -

Brock too old, too slow. 

And LOL at a double-leg......olympic level DC couldn't even take Jones down, and he's 2x better wrestler than Brock.  I'd love to see Jones get smashed but Lesnar ain't the one to pull it off.

This beating will make diverticulitis seem like a pool party.

Yeah well Jon has a MASSIVE leverage advantage over DC and Jon is more of a Greco guy. It’s a nightmare of a task for DC to get through that huge ass reach, to clinch with a guy that loves the clinch and is 6 inches taller than him. 

Gustafsson took Jon down easily though, he doesn’t have that massive leverage advantage over him. I’m not counting Brock getting a takedown or two out of the picture yet, but I am absolutely sure money taking Jones by TKO (elbows) Brock will get tired and Jon will take him down and finish him quickly. 

All im sayin is that it might not be as easy for Jon as most think, I think Brock could win a round before tiring. 

True but I think Brock's double leg will fail.  He might get an ugly TD or two, I suppose.  Good point on Gustafsson.

I don't think it'll be easy for Jones either, but he's so much faster and more precise with striking.  Brock's striking is so bad that the last 3-4 rounds he turns into a bloody mess, IMO. 

I wish this fight could've taken place 6yrs ago during Brock's prime........

When he beat up Couture he gave him props for "getting in this cage with a young buck like me"....I wonder if Jones will do the same.

Yeah I think Brock will be super sloppy and wear himself out with desperation for the early takedowns, if he gets one or two I don’t see much coming from them, Jones will get up and be infinitely more fresh as the fight goes on. 

11 days ago
2/15/06
SinCityHustler - 
kungfugrip - Has Jones ever been sentenced for his failed drug test? I remember him making a fool of his hearing. But nothing after that?

Yes he had his license revoked. He's no longer able to fight in USA as a result.

That was just the CSAC. USADA still has to weigh in on his suspension.
11 days ago
8/20/03

I'd pay to to see that.

They can both roid if they want.

11 days ago
5/11/10

Jones all day. Not even competitive. 

11 days ago
12/27/10

I'm a huge Brock fan but he's going to be 41 when (if) he fights next and Jones is in his prime and likely the best ever.  I don't think Brock can take him down easily and if he does get him down Jones would be able to get up quickly. I can see Brock getting frustrated and gassing quick and getting taken down and elbowed to a TKO finish. I'd love to see Brock crush him but I just don't see it ending well for him. 

11 days ago
2/15/11

UFC 240 "BrockNBones"

11 days ago
8/15/11

Jones would wipe the floor with Brock. Brock struggled with Couture ffs who is obviously a great wrestler but not at Cormiers level. That's ignoring the fact that Brock is a decade past his wrestling prime.

Jones will take him down and elbow him out of the UFC in 1 round. 

Edited: 11 days ago
4/7/16

I like Brock in this one. Hear me out.

Jones has been the bigger guy in pretty much every fight he has fought (Gustaffson was bigger maybe and that was a questionable win for Jones). His height and reach have been to his advantage and limited his opponents in a significant way. He brings these things to the table as well as a very good set of skills. However, he lacks POWER. Jones is not a KO threat like Cain, Carwin, Overeem, Mir, Hunt, and Herring were for Brock.

Brock has lost to power guys who bust him up (Cain, Overeem). He has also won against power (Carwin and Hunt). Hunt was officially a NC. Jones has never fought a bigger man (again Gustaffson is questionable). My point is that power is the difference here. Both Brock and JJ are similar height and length. Jones has a skill edge, but he has never fought against someone with the power, size, and top game of Lesnar. Brock will likely shoot early and get the takedown. Jones does not have the power to keep him on the outside and in fear of moving in, nor the power to reverse a shot/takedown and turn it to his advantage. Once on the ground, Brock has his way. The only guy to spring up from a Lesnar takedown was Cain. I do not think Jones is the same type of wrestler as Cain (again add power/strength into the equation. Brock will hold Jones down and treat him like he did Herring and Mir II. 

My humble and educated opinion.

11 days ago
1/1/01
StrikingMMA - 
SinCityHustler - 
kungfugrip - Has Jones ever been sentenced for his failed drug test? I remember him making a fool of his hearing. But nothing after that?

Yes he had his license revoked. He's no longer able to fight in USA as a result.

That was just the CSAC. USADA still has to weigh in on his suspension.

Yep, hoping for 4 years +
11 days ago
2/2/08
shawarma - 

Jones would wipe the floor with Brock. Brock struggled with Couture ffs who is obviously a great wrestler but not at Cormiers level. That's ignoring the fact that Brock is a decade past his wrestling prime.

/thread

Jones will stop Brock from striking range. Brock can't take a punch or a kick.
11 days ago
1/1/01
shawarma - 

Couture and Cormier are right about the same level. One is greco the other freestyle so there is that difference. Their folk was very close to each other. There isn't much difference in their levels. Not when Couture took on Brock vs Cormier 1 year ago. Very similar levels.

I am open to your explanation as to why you don't have Couture on Cormier's level.
11 days ago
10/6/02

Brock will get him down in the first 2 minutes and fight over.

Thanks but for $70 I will pass.

I would rather see Jones fight at 205 2x and dominate and then graduate to HW after.

But Jones is not to smart. He really needs to think of having at least 3 more fights before retiring rather than bow it all on one superfight with Brock. JJ has too much to lose in that gamble.

11 days ago
5/14/18

Please please please have this fight in Japan..... or Antarctica.

10 days ago
8/15/11
SinCityHustler -
shawarma - 

Couture and Cormier are right about the same level. One is greco the other freestyle so there is that difference. Their folk was very close to each other. There isn't much difference in their levels. Not when Couture took on Brock vs Cormier 1 year ago. Very similar levels.

I am open to your explanation as to why you don't have Couture on Cormier's level.

Sure they are different styles but so is Couture vs Brock or Cormier vs Jones. In their respective styles they would have an advantage and I'm no wrestling expert I'm an mma fan.  Perhaps I should've been clearer that I'm referring to MMA performances. 

It's just a perception of their MMA grappling and ability to get a takedown or not be taken down.   Cormier and Jones I'd put above Couture. Both seem harder to take down and can take down anyone. A bit like GSP.  Probably because they are all superior strikers to Couture and can integrate grappling into it. 

We could also look at how both performed vs Barnett irrespective of style. Both easily outwrestled Barnett but Cormier took him down easier (likely better mma grappling and the fact that he was easily out striking Barnett)  

In a style specific wrestling match then the results will be different and your point would definitely be valid. Jones would then be below many and GSP could well be below Matt Hughes. 

10 days ago
8/19/15
Xxxtra_4skin -

Please please please have this fight in Japan..... or Antarctica.

They should do the fight in international waters imo CARNIVAL CRUISES MAKE IT HAPPEN BABY 

10 days ago
6/23/10

Cain didnt have much trouble dealing with Brock.  Of course that was stomach aids Brock.  I think Brock takes him down but cant keep him down.  Then gasses out in 1rd and gets finished via turtling from Helbows in the second. 

Edited: 10 days ago
12/25/15
oranos -

All the people who say Jon Jones wins won't be able to rationally explain how he wins.

By stuffing Brocks takedowns till he gasses out.

10 days ago
1/1/01
shawarma - 
SinCityHustler -
shawarma - 

Sure they are different styles but so is Couture vs Brock or Cormier vs Jones. In their respective styles they would have an advantage and I'm no wrestling expert I'm an mma fan.  Perhaps I should've been clearer that I'm referring to MMA performances. 

It's just a perception of their MMA grappling and ability to get a takedown or not be taken down.   Cormier and Jones I'd put above Couture. Both seem harder to take down and can take down anyone. A bit like GSP.  Probably because they are all superior strikers to Couture and can integrate grappling into it. 

We could also look at how both performed vs Barnett irrespective of style. Both easily outwrestled Barnett but Cormier took him down easier (likely better mma grappling and the fact that he was easily out striking Barnett)  

In a style specific wrestling match then the results will be different and your point would definitely be valid. Jones would then be below many and GSP could well be below Matt Hughes. 

Thank you, I did think you meant wrestling levels, not MMA wrestling.

We saw Gustufson and Cormier take down Jones. I don't believe anyone else has.

We saw Jones and Gustufson take down Cormier.

Couture took everyone down including Brock, Van Arsdale, Randleman, Ortiz, Liddell, Sylvia, etc.

GSP only got taken down by guys like Hughes, Koscheck, Hendricks.

Cain's been taken down by Brock and not sure anyone else was able to do it. With the exception of Gufstufson, these guys are all at pretty much at the highest level of MMA wrestling. That said, Gus may have a case for being on that list, given he's taken down Cormier and Jones.
10 days ago
4/28/10

DC is better than Brock at everything. Better wrestling, better stand up, better transitions, better BJJ, better conditioning, etc. I don't believe for a minute that Brocks size alone will give him a chance against Jones.