3/28/13 1:16 PM
12/3/08

Dave O’Donnell soars to top of UK MMA, again

3/28/13 2:53 PM
9/14/12

O Donnell is not a nice man IRL.

3/28/13 3:02 PM
5/3/02
Been to UCMMA ... crowd is full of idiots and by far the most agressive crowd I have seen at an event. There was even a mass brawl in the crowd.

To be fair the only way to make money in UK is to promote it as a blood sport still. Phone Post
3/28/13 5:09 PM
4/22/11
I hate links & marketing - 

How so?

Ive been to a few UCMMA shows, crowd is fine most of the time but ive seen a couple of brawls here and there
3/28/13 7:00 PM
1/1/01
Watch it guys @ucmma is my home . Dave is my mentor

@bobbyrazak Phone Post
3/28/13 8:03 PM
1/6/10
I hate links & marketing -

This. He is a caricature of himself.

A wannabe gangster, MMA has zero chance of going mainstream with him at the helm of anything with his 'ott cockney mockney apples and pears wide eyed Dave Courtney' style of promo. It's about as accessible to the masses as water torture.... Phone Post 3.0
3/28/13 8:04 PM
1/6/10
biva - UCMMA is 10% good-great fights, 60% middle aged ex bouncer roid munchers with no skills or cardio and 30% fake gangster wannabe cockney bullshit.

Was always dissapoint when watching on Sky. Phone Post 3.0
This vtfu Phone Post 3.0
3/28/13 8:10 PM
6/29/12
Anybody on here who went to those old Cage Rage shows? And what were they like live? Phone Post
3/29/13 4:16 AM
5/3/02
I went to the first cage rage (held at a leisure centre in elephant and castle). I also went to 4 other and had a great time, I think its because its now held in the east end that the crowds are full of shits Phone Post
3/29/13 6:02 AM
6/5/02
Lol got to agree about the state of uk mma crowds Phone Post
3/29/13 6:09 AM
12/4/09
If you want sucker punches and sly head butts on UFC vets by the bother of a fighter just beaten then Cage Rage is the event for you. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 6:22 AM
12/4/09
I love the press release after Phil Baroni got head butted.

It was along the lines of.....

.....'they had a chat in the bar and it's all water under the bridge now'..... Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 6:32 AM
9/14/10
I can't watch it when it's on sky's. makes me cringe. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 7:21 AM
1/14/12
Dave always seemed like one of those guys that if he turned it down a bit would be a decent announcer but he's a character its his gimmick.

It always seemed to me that everybody sees Dana dropping f bombs and seem to think I'm going to be a promoter and do what Dana does to get some hype now if you were smart you would really try to be more like Lorenzo. Phone Post
3/29/13 7:32 AM
1/1/01

I have to say something about Dave and his old partner Andrew. I took my fighter over to the UK 7 times for Cage Rage. I never once had to sign something or worry about my plain tickets or hotel or taxi reimbursement

No where or no one did I find as honorable as the promoters of Cage Rage. Good Memories. Funny the stories I could tell about hosehold names that I hung out with before they were famous. Good times. Dan Tharp

3/29/13 7:46 AM
5/28/07
zealot66 - 

I have to say something about Dave and his old partner Andrew. I took my fighter over to the UK 7 times for Cage Rage. I never once had to sign something or worry about my plain tickets or hotel or taxi reimbursement

No where or no one did I find as honorable as the promoters of Cage Rage. Good Memories. Funny the stories I could tell about hosehold names that I hung out with before they were famous. Good times. Dan Tharp

Plain tickets > wolf tickets!

3/29/13 7:52 AM
6/5/02
Odonnell has always struck me as a genuine but over enthusiastic guy. I really dont like how mma has been packaged in the uk and think it holds it back but he has done a lot for the sport in fairness.

But to reiterate - as a result it attracts fucking idiots to events Phone Post
3/29/13 8:34 AM
1/6/10

It's like a conference for Southern Gangsters.....

3/29/13 9:08 AM
1/3/11
Hammerfister - Anybody on here who went to those old Cage Rage shows? And what were they like live? Phone Post
I went to a couple , the last one I went to was at Wembley . They had some pretty good fights on them . Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 10:13 AM
6/29/12
Anybody got some good Lee Murray stories or links to ones? Thanks. Phone Post
3/29/13 10:47 AM
3/20/13
The UCMMA frontman is his own worse enemy his "character" is loud, full on and in your face certainly makes viewing of his programmes extremely tough.

My girlfriend is really understanding about my mma obsession but even she would tell me to turn off cage fighter. Dave and Grant Watermans weekly round up of all UK mma should have been really good but Dave and the poor production value made the experience slightly less painful than a back-sack and crack!

It's a dam shame because there are some great talents and up and comers in the organisation. Phone Post 3.0
3/29/13 12:31 PM
1/10/11
Hey guys, great to see and read your response re UCMMA. Behind the scene we are working very hard daily to give the fans the very best show we can.

I would be more than happy to answer anyone's questions and work on anything you think should be changed or added to make UCMMA a bigger and better show!

Dave O'Donnell is one of the reasons UKMMA is as big as it is now and even yet it is no where near as big as we want it to be and I believe along with other UK pioneers DOD is defiantly the right man to push the UK scene to where it belongs! Feel free to msg me on twitter/HitmanHarryMMA or via email harry@ucmma.com an ill be more than happy to talk! Thanks!! Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 7:47 PM
1/10/11
biva -
HItman_Harry - Hey guys, great to see and read your response re UCMMA. Behind the scene we are working very hard daily to give the fans the very best show we can.

I would be more than happy to answer anyone's questions and work on anything you think should be changed or added to make UCMMA a bigger and better show!

Dave O'Donnell is one of the reasons UKMMA is as big as it is now and even yet it is no where near as big as we want it to be and I believe along with other UK pioneers DOD is defiantly the right man to push the UK scene to where it belongs! Feel free to msg me on twitter/HitmanHarryMMA or via email harry@ucmma.com an ill be more than happy to talk! Thanks!! Phone Post 3.0
I think the general feeling is the same across the board - the professional image and presentation of , for example, Cage Warriors, but with the ability to get bums on seats like UCMMA.

The one thing I will say in defence of UCMMA, there's no empty seats. Watching the CW cards on Sky, the fights and production values were as high as could reasonably be expected, but it did seem like the arena was mostly empty, or had zero atmosphere.

IMO Phone Post 3.0
Thanks Phone Post 3.0