UnderGround Forums Edson: I didnt expect Khabib to move forward at me

1/11/18 10:47 PM
1/1/01
Winston Wolf - stop with the excuses he lost fair and square and soundly.Be prepared for anything.Problem solved .Dont fight if u have an excuse

I didn’t see that as him making an excuse. He clearly said Khabib imposed his game plan better for 15 mins.

1/11/18 10:52 PM
2/16/10
ausgepicht -
tf1 - 
FatBuddha - New Brazilian excuse to add to the history of classic excuses:

opponent walked forward instead of backwards

You guys don’t read or what. He didn’t make an excuse. He simply stated what he was thinks during the fight. 

You're the only one not reading.

It's an excuse.

”I really didn’t expect that to happen, man. I was very upset the week after the fight because I was well prepared."

Does your wannabe brain grasp this? Do you believe in androids? He's saying he is an android and that when Khabib came forward he didn't know what to do. Then 30 seconds later he didn't know what to do. Then 30 seconds later he didn't know what to do. And so on for the entire fight.

Do you really believe that he was confused about an opponent coming forward because that is SOOOOOO puzzling!?

He is making the excuse that he was surprised for 15 minutes straight. LOL...what a crock. You wannabes are gullible.

"Edson was ambushed and I believe it!!!" Haha!!
Lol, you get people to bite every time.
1/12/18 1:08 AM
1/1/01
zackthewop -
ausgepicht -
tf1 - 

You guys don’t read or what. He didn’t make an excuse. He simply stated what he was thinks during the fight. 

It's an excuse.

”I really didn’t expect that to happen, man. I was very upset the week after the fight because I was well prepared."

Does your wannabe brain grasp this? Do you believe in androids? He's saying he is an android and that when Khabib came forward he didn't know what to do. Then 30 seconds later he didn't know what to do. Then 30 seconds later he didn't know what to do. And so on for the entire fight.

Do you really believe that he was confused about an opponent coming forward because that is SOOOOOO puzzling!?

He is making the excuse that he was surprised for 15 minutes straight. LOL...what a crock. You wannabes are gullible.

he is correct
1/12/18 1:09 AM
1/1/01
wiggum -
Winston Wolf - 
tf1 -
Winston Wolf - stop with the excuses he lost fair and square and soundly.Be prepared for anything.Problem solved .Dont fight if u have an excuse

Eh. Are you new to this?

no im among the very first and longest fans this sport has had.He has moved foward every fight he is in So do most fighters part of the time its nothing knew Its not like the fight was even remotely close

I think you're being too harsh. I think Edson is saying Khabib's aggression won him the fight. That's it. It's true and it's not an excuse - it's a concession.
how wasnt he expecting him to go foward like he does in every fight.Ill agree to disagree
1/12/18 1:19 AM
3/13/02

Barboza should have trained nothing but wrestling and defense. People use the same trainng camp over and over again, but there are times when other camps would be beneficial.  HIs game plan was horrible. 

1/12/18 1:35 AM
9/19/13

If he didn't expect Khabib to move forward at him he should find a different training camp

1/12/18 1:37 AM
8/17/17
Big_Data -
Lick Brown Boners -
Steven McTowelie -

Maybe adjust?

Yeah, just stop the takedown with a sidestep

Dude why doesn't he just get up? I would just get up, man.
Lol...I hear that every time I invite someone new to watch mma.
1/12/18 4:08 AM
4/28/06
mijo - 

Barboza should have trained nothing but wrestling and defense. People use the same trainng camp over and over again, but there are times when other camps would be beneficial.  HIs game plan was horrible. 

You think he didn't? You realize he trains with monster wrestlers right? You can't just prepare for a guy who has been wrestling in freaking Dagastan since he can walk.
1/12/18 7:18 AM
1/1/01
mijo -

this
1/12/18 7:19 AM
1/1/01
oranos -

If he didn't expect Khabib to move forward at him he should find a different training camp

agreed
1/12/18 7:55 AM
4/11/10
Lick Brown Boners -
Steven McTowelie -

Maybe adjust?

Yeah, just stop the takedown with a sidestep

No one will get this lol

1/12/18 11:27 AM
1/1/01
Winston Wolf - 
zackthewop -
ausgepicht -
tf1 - 

It's an excuse.

he is correct

Yep.

People don't like that I don't toe the line, I am not polite, and have no filter.

So they confuse their hurt feelings and desire for me to be wrong with my Truths.

The wannabes are so biased that if you dropped a brick made in Brazil on their foots, they would say they felt nothing.
1/12/18 12:10 PM
11/23/07
he thought khabib was going to stay on the outside? lol sure
1/12/18 12:40 PM
5/11/10
ausgepicht -
Winston Wolf - 
zackthewop -
ausgepicht -
tf1 - 

It's an excuse.

he is correct

Yep.

People don't like that I don't toe the line, I am not polite, and have no filter.

So they confuse their hurt feelings and desire for me to be wrong with my Truths.

The wannabes are so biased that if you dropped a brick made in Brazil on their foots, they would say they felt nothing.
No filter =/= truth

No filter = autistic

Also you are not bringing any "facts" that offend anyone. You've got an opinion that people disagree with.
1/12/18 1:16 PM
1/1/01
wiggum -
Winston Wolf - 
tf1 -

Eh. Are you new to this?

no im among the very first and longest fans this sport has had.He has moved foward every fight he is in So do most fighters part of the time its nothing knew Its not like the fight was even remotely close

I think you're being too harsh. I think Edson is saying Khabib's aggression won him the fight. That's it. It's true and it's not an excuse - it's a concession.
i respect ur opinion but disagree because he wins all his fights going foward and with aggression
1/12/18 1:32 PM
2/17/03
Winston Wolf - 
wiggum -
Winston Wolf - 
tf1 -

Eh. Are you new to this?

i respect ur opinion but disagree because he wins all his fights going foward and with aggression

I respect your opinion, as well.

Another poster noted that Luke Thomas broke down how that's not quite accurate. Khabib showed more CONSTANT forward pressure in this fight. And he never stopped coming forward to setup his takedowns, which he has down in the past.
1/12/18 1:40 PM
12/24/03
Lick Brown Boners - 
Phil999 - shitty camp if you only trained for the fighter moving backwards.

Luke Thomas and others broke down Khabib's gameplan pretty well. He showed Khabib's habits and planning from earlier fights and in most of his fights he went backwards way more and set his forward pressure/shots that way. With Edson, he literally walked forwards every second of the fight and gave him no time to get comfortable. 

Thanks.
1/12/18 2:19 PM
2/17/03
FWIW, most wrestlers *pull* a bit to set up their shots. The only three I can't think of who press forward consistently at the highest levels are Chael, Askren, and Khabib.
1/12/18 3:34 PM
6/15/17
NicolasRGC - ^ da fuck? He's not giving excuses, just explaining why he lost. Fuck is wrong with you people.

This. It's not excuses. He's clearly stating that Khabib was the better man and imposed his game. I'd say he's taking the loss with class, not making the typical Brazilian excuses. 

1/12/18 5:48 PM
12/31/10
oranos -

+1!

1/12/18 8:31 PM
1/1/01
MaxHollowedMyAnus - 
ausgepicht -
Winston Wolf - 
zackthewop -
ausgepicht -
tf1 - 

It's an excuse.

he is correct

Yep.

No filter =/= truth

No filter = autistic

Also you are not bringing any "facts" that offend anyone. You've got an opinion that people disagree with.

As if anyone is listening to a tenor whose screen name is about his anus being pushed in.

Slutever you say, Mr Anus.
1/12/18 9:14 PM
9/12/06
Winston Wolf -
wiggum -
Winston Wolf - 
tf1 -

Eh. Are you new to this?

how wasnt he expecting him to go foward like he does in every fight.Ill agree to disagree
Khabib does move forward in his fights but not like he did against barboza. He stays in striking range and throws with his opponents. He doesn't always blitz and run forward like he did against Edson. There was a marked difference in his forward pressure this time around because it was obvious he didn't want to engage in a striking battle with edson. He's just too deadly on the feet and it was obvious khabib was worried about it
1/13/18 12:32 AM
1/1/01
The Sultan -
Winston Wolf -
wiggum -
Winston Wolf - 
tf1 -

Eh. Are you new to this?

Khabib does move forward in his fights but not like he did against barboza. He stays in striking range and throws with his opponents. He doesn't always blitz and run forward like he did against Edson. There was a marked difference in his forward pressure this time around because it was obvious he didn't want to engage in a striking battle with edson. He's just too deadly on the feet and it was obvious khabib was worried about it
the fight was 30-25 there wasnt one thign that cost him the fight He was completeley beaten on every level.Khabib fought like he always does and dominated every second of the fight He was in control every second .Khabib in every fight does not want to engage in striking battle and dominates strikers.
1/13/18 6:33 AM
1/1/01
Go watch all of Khabib's fights. He is a pressure fighter for sure, but he was much more unrelenting with his pressure in this fight.
1/13/18 7:16 PM
2/17/03
^Right.