UnderGround Forums Elon Musk on Rogan

13 days ago
8/3/09

Joe just said Elon messaged him to come on the podcast. Also he just released first 1,000 flame throws that cant be called flamed throwers so he named them/the company "Not a Flamethrower" haha http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/10/technology/elon-musk-flamethrower-ebay-boring-company/index.html

13 days ago
8/3/09

oh sorry company is called the boring company and the product is not a flamethrower

13 days ago
1/7/13

That’s awesome. 

13 days ago
7/20/15

Tesla is a fascinating study.

Worth more than  Ford and Gm yet has never made a profit. Has lost 20 billion total over the years.

Latest quarter they lost over 700 million.

They lose money on every car. Quality control seems terrible.

Tesla service centres cannot service the cars and don't have parts handy.

The company has received billions in subsidies.

Musk is an amazing salesman but I wonder how long he and Tesla can go on.....

13 days ago
1/1/01

Not a real interview

13 days ago
2/25/03

LOL @ charging $500 for that! You can go to Home Depot or Lowes and get basically the same thing (although his looks cooler) for $50. He's such a scam artist and his fanboys are such idiots.

13 days ago
1/26/08
Joindatedoesnotmatter -

Worth more than  Ford and Gm yet has never made a profit. Has lost 20 billion total over the years.

In tech you don't need to make money. Look at the market valuation of Amazon before it started turning a profit. He can burn money because they believe once he dominates the US car market, profits will roll in. Right now though they are ramping up production and building charging stations all over th country. 

13 days ago
8/3/11

12 days ago
7/20/15
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
Joindatedoesnotmatter -

In tech you don't need to make money. Look at the market valuation of Amazon before it started turning a profit. He can burn money because they believe once he dominates the US car market, profits will roll in. Right now though they are ramping up production and building charging stations all over th country. 

Amazon is a good example for sure.

Maybe Tesla can pull it off but next year brings so many new hybrid and all electric models from all manufacturers on to the market.

With declining EV purchase subsidies (just look at what happens to Telsa sales in countries that pull the govt. Subsidies) it will be very difficult to maintain sales.

The model 3 is losing money at $50000 dollars and up and you can buy the Chevy Bolt for well under $30k and get it today.

The Tesla trucks have fallen off the radar and the Hyperloop seems as viable as the Springfield monorail.

I think in a few years or less it will look pretty silly to pay 100k for a model S or X and if Tesla is losing money on these cars at this price point then what happens 2 years from now?

12 days ago
7/15/15

Would be really fucking weird if Elon come out with a bombshell about Bourdain being murdered instead of suicide. Alex Jones has been making videos left and right, about Bourdain and Musk being friends, and they were both about to expose something big.  There was at least one thread about it on the OG in the past day or so..

12 days ago
9/14/17
Joindatedoesnotmatter -

It really is, but not in the sense that you're getting at.

I'm sure he's over-joyed to be making a loss and not paying tax despite ramping up investment and expanding his market.

That 'amazing salesman' is much more than that and you'd be eating his not-flame-throwed hat if you think he's going bust any time soon.

Wake up and snort the coffee, amigo. There's a better chance of Cain becoming champ again than that group going under. 

12 days ago
6/17/16

Elon gonna leave some musk on Rogan, more like it.

Edited: 12 days ago
1/3/14

Tesla is much more than a car company. The vast majority of the companies income will come from providing batteries to governments to stabilize the electrical grid. Soon the gigafactory will be producing more batteries in one location than all other producers of batteries all over the globe combined. In doing so they'll bring down the cost of these batteries ushering in a new era of clean energy. Musk had always said the cars are about making electric vehicles viable and cool. He has already changed the entire auto industry in such a profound way that in 20 years we will likely have all the major auto makers producing predominately electric vehicles. Additionally, the infrastructure of his super charging stations just surpassed 10,000 locations worldwide will put them in a perfect position to profit off of The increased demand for charging while major fossil fuel companies will be playing catch-up trying to convert gas stations (which sell a product no one wants )into charging stations for electric vehicles.

Add to that they have the most advanced solar roofs in the world and just inked a contract with the Australian government to install 50,000 of them in homes all across the continent to create the largest solar power plant in the country. 

As global markets continue to rely more and more on solar instead of archaic means of producing energy Tesla could very well become the most valuable company on the planet. 

This is evident in Tesla's absurd Market price. While they're losing their ass currently they're building out their infrastructure while paying no taxes at all.

I'm willing to bet this is the biggest JRE postcast of all time. If it does indeed go the full 3 hours to my knowledge it would be the longest conversation ever recorded and widely distributed with Elon.

12 days ago
5/3/16

I wonder how long before Rogan asks him about hunting, cryo saunas, weed or if he thinks Joey Diaz is the funniest man in the world. 

12 days ago
11/5/13

12 days ago
4/28/06
Gonch - 

I wonder how long before Rogan asks him about hunting, cryo saunas, weed or if he thinks Joey Diaz is the funniest man in the world. 

Kettlebells
12 days ago
4/4/12
Gonch -

Tremendous 

12 days ago
1/26/08
Joindatedoesnotmatter -
Joindatedoesnotmatter -

Maybe Tesla can pull it off but next year brings so many new hybrid and all electric models from all manufacturers on to the market.

With declining EV purchase subsidies (just look at what happens to Telsa sales in countries that pull the govt. Subsidies) it will be very difficult to maintain sales.

The model 3 is losing money at $50000 dollars and up and you can buy the Chevy Bolt for well under $30k and get it today.

The Tesla trucks have fallen off the radar and the Hyperloop seems as viable as the Springfield monorail.

I think in a few years or less it will look pretty silly to pay 100k for a model S or X and if Tesla is losing money on these cars at this price point then what happens 2 years from now?

They will lose money until they ramp up production, similar to Amazon, they just had to wait to get big enough to make money. Least that is what all the experts say, it just comes down to do you believe Elon can get the company there or not. I think he can and like others said, there is more to the company then just cars. 

12 days ago
8/11/11
Joindatedoesnotmatter -
Joindatedoesnotmatter -

Honestly, Tesla deserves a lot more subsidies than they have gotten. Our government needs to take moving to solar power a lot more seriously. Same with making the move to self-driving vehicles, especially RVs. All of this should be accelerated as quickly as possible. 

It's not even just about the environment, although that is huge. But it's also about saving lives and saving money by having less reason to occupy so much of the middle east. 

If subsidized and mandated properly electricity could be free all over the country within 10 years. And then we could shift a lot more focus to desalination.

11 days ago
8/22/13

"Electricity could be free all over the country within 10 years." 

That is the single stupidest thing anybody has ever said, ever. No wonder Elon can't fail enough. 

11 days ago
8/3/09
beenlurking4years -

Tesla is much more than a car company. The vast majority of the companies income will come from providing batteries to governments to stabilize the electrical grid. Soon the gigafactory will be producing more batteries in one location than all other producers of batteries all over the globe combined. In doing so they'll bring down the cost of these batteries ushering in a new era of clean energy. Musk had always said the cars are about making electric vehicles viable and cool. He has already changed the entire auto industry in such a profound way that in 20 years we will likely have all the major auto makers producing predominately electric vehicles. Additionally, the infrastructure of his super charging stations just surpassed 10,000 locations worldwide will put them in a perfect position to profit off of The increased demand for charging while major fossil fuel companies will be playing catch-up trying to convert gas stations (which sell a product no one wants )into charging stations for electric vehicles.

Add to that they have the most advanced solar roofs in the world and just inked a contract with the Australian government to install 50,000 of them in homes all across the continent to create the largest solar power plant in the country. 

As global markets continue to rely more and more on solar instead of archaic means of producing energy Tesla could very well become the most valuable company on the planet. 

This is evident in Tesla's absurd Market price. While they're losing their ass currently they're building out their infrastructure while paying no taxes at all.

I'm willing to bet this is the biggest JRE postcast of all time. If it does indeed go the full 3 hours to my knowledge it would be the longest conversation ever recorded and widely distributed with Elon.

YEah it's crazy youtube has never turned a profit either

11 days ago
1/26/08
MMA MELEE -
beenlurking4years -

YEah it's crazy youtube has never turned a profit either

YouTube’s value is partially in data on users. Google can use your search history to customize ads for you and companies will pay way more for targeted ads.

11 days ago
4/14/07
beenlurking4years -

You seem to know a lot more than most about this so I'd be interested to hear your take on the recent vote of no confidence by the tesla shareholders?

My understanding is that there was a disgruntled few unhappy with musk but he easily won the vote to continue in his position. 

11 days ago
1/1/01
Joindatedoesnotmatter -

May end up being the biggest scam in history 

11 days ago
1/1/01
MisterHawkeMMA -
Joindatedoesnotmatter -
Joindatedoesnotmatter -

Honestly, Tesla deserves a lot more subsidies than they have gotten. Our government needs to take moving to solar power a lot more seriously. Same with making the move to self-driving vehicles, especially RVs. All of this should be accelerated as quickly as possible. 

It's not even just about the environment, although that is huge. But it's also about saving lives and saving money by having less reason to occupy so much of the middle east. 

If subsidized and mandated properly electricity could be free all over the country within 10 years. And then we could shift a lot more focus to desalination.

It’s cute that you think the government cares about us and our welfare.