UnderGround Forums Fighters defend Jones against fan blasts

3/30/20 1:39 PM
1/1/01

On Thursday Albuquerque police responded to a report of a gunshot and found UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in a running vehicle and arrested him. Jones was, allegedly:
•Drunk;
•Had cannabis residue on his clothing;
•Had a partial bottle of Jorge Masvidal's tequila in the Jeep; and,
•Had a handgun in the car matching a spent shell casing next to the vehicle.

"Bones" has received scathing criticism for the latest in a long series of disturbing incidents. However, some fighters have offered measured support.

Simon Samano and Matt Erickson for MMA Junkie broke down the bodycam arrest video and the Jones revealed is not menacing but pitiful.

As a field sobriety test is being administered, Jones says he suffers from short-term memory loss and attention deficit disorder due to getting punched in the head for a living.

As the handcuffs are placed on him, Jones says “I have anxiety. I have anxiety.”

Jones tells the arresting officers he loves them, and then asks to take off his hoodie, and then pleads for the hoodie to be removed.

“I just gotta take off my hoodie. Please, please," he says. “Just because my anxiety gets so bad. ... Please, guys. Just let me take off my hoodie.”

An officer asks Jones if he would like to remove the hoodie himself.

“No, you can," said Jones, his voice apparently cracking. "I just want you guys to feel comfortable.”

“My family, man. So scared for my family. ... Is everything slower because of the coronavirus, or what? Everything’s been going bad. I just wanna be with my family.”

Maybe Dana White summed it up best.

3/30/20 1:52 PM
1/1/01

No need to defend Jon at all.  He is deserving of every bit of criticism thrown his way.  

3/30/20 2:14 PM
1/1/01

Here’s the thing. Everyone has challenges and everyone has problems throughout life. Even if we disregard his repeated use/abuse of controlled substances, there is absolutely no excuse for him to repeatedly endanger the lives of others. If he is experiencing issues due to headshots, he should no longer be allowed to compete and someone needs to stop him from doing so because he is clearly unable to make that decision for himself due to compromised cognitive processes. This whole thing stinks to high heaven. If he used that as an excuse, then he should suffer the conseqences of his crimes. If he told the truth about it, he needs to retire from competition and get medical help.

3/30/20 2:21 PM
4/1/11

Jared Gordon is correct. The rest are just making excuses.

3/30/20 2:26 PM
9/22/16
Alternate thread title: "People who get punched in the face for a living defend a criminal."
3/30/20 2:51 PM
8/7/12

When your put up on a pedestal you got to act like you belong there. How many other fighters have we seen been given the same amount of "chances" as Bones? How many? People get cut for missing weight just once let alone not being able to refrain from being arrested every 12-24 months. 

You think anyone else not holding a belt or a top seat seller would of been given this many chances? 

Nope

3/30/20 3:19 PM
9/13/18

One thing that pops in my head is, mike Tyson went to prison for fucking rape, yet... he is still loved and honored all over the world.

Jones is more self destructive then anything else, and the hit and run thing was pretty bad. But the majority of the MMA fan base is treating him like he murdered a house full of babies. Calm the fuck down..  the guy needs help, not an entire fan base shitting on him til he kills himself. 

3/30/20 3:45 PM
10/5/12
Swamp Donkey -

One thing that pops in my head is, mike Tyson went to prison for fucking rape, yet... he is still loved and honored all over the world.

Jones is more self destructive then anything else, and the hit and run thing was pretty bad. But the majority of the MMA fan base is treating him like he murdered a house full of babies. Calm the fuck down..  the guy needs help, not an entire fan base shitting on him til he kills himself. 

This. 

And to anyone complaining about other people not getting chances, they aren't Jon and life isn't fair.

3/30/20 4:04 PM
8/5/13

Lol at Ngannou's tweet clearly written by his agent.

3/30/20 4:09 PM
9/20/19
Swamp Donkey -

Tyson grew up in likely the worst neighborhood in US history and was treated like a cash horse from 14 on. The fact he only got into as much trouble as he did is a miracle. 

3/30/20 4:25 PM
12/7/10

"...the majority of the MMA fan base is treating him like he murdered a house full of babies. Calm the fuck down..  the guy needs help, not an entire fan base shitting on him til he kills himself." 

Thank you!! 

"But he put innocent lives in danger!!"

No he did not. This is how people justify turning a standard misdemeanor into a felony of horrors. For example, if they hate stripclubs, they 'll try to find the one dancer out of 50 in the house under 18 and then claim the entire club is engaged in human trafficking.

Jon wasn't reckless on the highway or in town. No one reported him driving erattic. In fact if he hadnt been dumb enough to fire off the pistol, the police may never have known he was out and he may have been able to sneak back home untouched.

Our legal minded OG's have already posted that the statutes for both the DWI and the gun posession in New Mexico have light penalties. One year at the max on the DWI charge, if the judge sees fit to throw the book at him. Otherwise even the law says his actions are NOT deserving of significant jail time or castration from society.

The bible says let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

That alone disqualifies 99% of the UG.

Hating a man does not reach the legal threshold for imprisonment or banishment from society.

3/30/20 4:31 PM
9/22/11
stainlesssteel -

"...the majority of the MMA fan base is treating him like he murdered a house full of babies. Calm the fuck down..  the guy needs help, not an entire fan base shitting on him til he kills himself." 

Thank you!! 

No he did not. This is how people justify turning a standard misdemeanor into a felony of horrors. For example, if they hate stripclubs, they 'll try to find the one dancer out of 50 in the house under 18 and then claim the entire club is engaged in human trafficking.

Jon wasn't reckless on the highway or in town. No one reported him driving erattic. In fact if he hadnt been dumb enough to fire off the pistol, the police may never have known he was out and he may have been able to sneak back home untouched.

Our legal minded OG's have already posted that the statutes for both the DWI and the gun posession in New Mexico have light penalties. One year at the max on the DWI charge, if the judge sees fit to throw the book at him. Otherwise even the law says his actions are NOT deserving of significant jail time or castration from society.

Hating a man does not reach the legal threshold for imprisonment or banishment from society.

What a load of tripe. Are you really the thick.

3/30/20 4:38 PM
10/11/18
If this was Jones' first brush with the law I would be sympathetic to him, but he's had several. He needs to go away if he can't take any criticism for his beahvior.
3/30/20 4:43 PM
12/7/10

So he needs to go away because he can't take criticism for his behavior. Not for actually breaking a law.

This coming from the same einsteins that hurl the gay charge at anyone that disagrees with their posts.

3/30/20 4:50 PM
1/1/01
stainlesssteel - 

Thank you!! 

So driving while intoxicated and shooting a gun into the air is not endangering lives???? Fuck off, you piece of shit.

You don't have to be driving reckless while drunk to kill someone. Not only do people fall asleep while driving drunk, they also have slow reactions, which also cause fatal accidents.

And as far as the gun part. I went ti high school with a girl who was hit by a bullet that was fired off in the air. Came down on her house, through the roof and hit her in the head.

So again, fuck off...

3/30/20 4:58 PM
8/26/11
stainlesssteel -

So he needs to go away because he can't take criticism for his behavior. Not for actually breaking a law.

This coming from the same einsteins that hurl the gay charge at anyone that disagrees with their posts.

Shut up you faggot!

3/30/20 5:04 PM
3/4/12
GuttyProfessor -

Here’s the thing. Everyone has challenges and everyone has problems throughout life. Even if we disregard his repeated use/abuse of controlled substances, there is absolutely no excuse for him to repeatedly endanger the lives of others. If he is experiencing issues due to headshots, he should no longer be allowed to compete and someone needs to stop him from doing so because he is clearly unable to make that decision for himself due to compromised cognitive processes. This whole thing stinks to high heaven. If he used that as an excuse, then he should suffer the conseqences of his crimes. If he told the truth about it, he needs to retire from competition and get medical help.

Heres a virtue signaller that has never done anything wrong.... if you had millions of dollars, you telling me you wouldnt at least make one poor decision? get off your fucking high horse dude.

3/30/20 5:05 PM
3/4/12
Mr Karate - If this was Jones' first brush with the law I would be sympathetic to him, but he's had several. He needs to go away if he can't take any criticism for his beahvior.

Fuck Karate and fuck your stupid opinion lol

3/30/20 5:20 PM
1/1/01

Jon Jones is a professional fighter. He gets paid to knock fools out & to get concussed from time to time in training & in fights. People who get paid to inflict pain on others & to get wrecked usually have a few screws loose. This dumbass just keeps getting caught. There are MANY in the NFL, NHL, WWE, Rugby, Boxers and other full contact sports that are a bit nutty. Most just get away with it. They all have stories, just ask them.  This dude just needs to master the use of Ubers, Lyfts or get a professional driver & most of his problems would disappear. 

3/30/20 5:21 PM
1/1/01
TheRealFOF -
GuttyProfessor -

Heres a virtue signaller that has never done anything wrong.... if you had millions of dollars, you telling me you wouldnt at least make one poor decision? get off your fucking high horse dude.

Hi Stupid. I’ve done things wrong and I don’t virtue signal- whatever the heck that is. All I’m saying is that this guy has committed multiple crimes. He needs to be punished for it. If you disagree then that’s your right. We don’t have to agree, but you’ll never stop me from being able to voice my opinion. 

3/30/20 5:23 PM
12/7/10
DAVID H -
stainlesssteel - 

Thank you!! 

So driving while intoxicated and shooting a gun into the air is not endangering lives???? Fuck off, you piece of shit.

You don't have to be driving reckless while drunk to kill someone. Not only do people fall asleep while driving drunk, they also have slow reactions, which also cause fatal accidents.

And as far as the gun part. I went ti high school with a girl who was hit by a bullet that was fired off in the air. Came down on her house, through the roof and hit her in the head.

So again, fuck off...

Did you see anyone jump out his way when he was driving?? Were you the idiot that ducked from the bullet?? 

I went ti high school with a girl who was hit by a bullet that was fired off in the air. Came down on her house, through the roof and hit her in the head.

And what the fuck does Jon Jones have to do with that?? Dude has done more for MMA in his little finger than your entire life. So you need to take your 10,000 posts you need to fuck off.

3/30/20 5:25 PM
3/23/12

Who was the fighter who had a win bonus and performance bonus taken away from him and got kicked out of the UFC because he tested positive for marijuana?

Marijuana.

Jon Jones should go find that guy and slide him a few million. 

Edited: 3/30/20 6:29 PM
1/3/20
Just further proof how retarded most fighters are. They expect everyone to react as if this was his first time, this was only a mistake.

Lol @ Valentina using the word "noble" in the same sentence as this multiple time proven human POS.

Fighters are not people anyone should look up to, aim a bit higher ffs.
3/30/20 6:34 PM
5/9/05

David H- I agree. There is NO EXCUSE to drink and get behind the wheel that simple. He has the cash UBER! No need to risk someone else's life or their loved ones life.

3/30/20 6:47 PM
9/26/10

LOl@poor jon being a victim. his problem is that he is a fucking sociopath. there is no fix. he is a fake, self-centered ass hole. He's got poor character in spades. THat is all.