UnderGround Forums Floyd advises McGregory Against Stance Switching

8/11/17 1:29 AM
11/23/11

https://youtu.be/VYvHX8Vqr60

Somewhere Luke Thomas, Dom Cruz, and Brian Stann are weeping

8/11/17 2:18 AM
2/22/09
He also says if McGregor goes the distance it's a victory for McGregor.
8/11/17 3:17 AM
11/23/11
yabadaba - He also says if McGregor goes the distance it's a victory for McGregor.
It would be

People are giving Conor props for going 12 rounds in a sparring session.

If Conor has any moments in this fight he will be a legend.
8/11/17 3:29 AM
11/18/14

if anyone could be so kind as to post cliffs, that would be much appreciated bros

8/11/17 4:09 AM
1/7/13

Damnnnn! Floyd ain't playing.

8/11/17 5:16 AM
4/11/10

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh

HARD WORK!!

8/11/17 7:54 AM
11/18/14

ttt please my cliffs

8/11/17 12:27 PM
1/1/12
You need cliff notes for a video that is shorter than 90 seconds?!

I'm undefeated against southpaw and Orthodox.
Switching stances burns energy so I share my knowledge to say he shouldn't do that too much.
We are both confident it won't go the distance.
If Conor makes it without getting finished, Mayweather considers it a win for Conor.
8/11/17 1:33 PM
9/7/04
ekiben - You need cliff notes for a video that is shorter than 90 seconds?!

Switching stances burns energy so I share my knowledge to say he shouldn't do that too much.
If Conor makes it without getting finished, Mayweather considers it a win for Conor.

Cliffs of this post, please.
8/11/17 1:40 PM
1/13/11
MMA Playwright -

Post cliffs

8/11/17 1:44 PM
10/16/07
MMA Playwright - 

I'm undefeated.
If it goes the distance everyone agrees it's a victory for Conor.
8/11/17 1:47 PM
9/7/04
sacredhate - 
MMA Playwright - 

I'm undefeated.

Thank you. Finally distilled down to a level I can take in and understand.
8/11/17 2:41 PM
6/24/09

His last comment was interesting, if everyone including Mayweather believes a decision either way is a victory for Conor it may stop Conor going all out and gassing, looking to survive instead of kill or be killed.

8/11/17 2:46 PM
1/11/06
Beelze - 

His last comment was interesting, if everyone including Mayweather believes a decision either way is a victory for Conor it may stop Conor going all out and gassing, looking to survive instead of kill or be killed.

You say this as if he will have any say in how the fight will go vs a master boxer. If you want to know how long the fight will last it will end about the time Floyd wants to go to the strip club.
8/11/17 3:05 PM
6/24/09
hankhill -
Beelze - 

You say this as if he will have any say in how the fight will go vs a master boxer. If you want to know how long the fight will last it will end about the time Floyd wants to go to the strip club.

I'm not saying Floyd wont finish Conor, I think he will. Conor's only chance in this fight would be to catch Floyd with something early on going balls out, however small of a chance that is that's Conor's only chance. What I'm saying is if everyone is putting the idea into Conor's head that a victory for him would be making it to a decision, then even he might refrain from going balls out within a couple of rounds looking to survive instead of leaving it all in there for 4 rounds.

8/11/17 3:07 PM
3/14/02
Beelze - 

Maybe I'm reading your comment wrong but what Floyd is saying is that even if it goes the distance and he officially wins, he'll consider it a win for Conor.

Conor's only hope is to come out swinging, which is a stupid move against Floyd or hang on for dear life and try to ride it out, which he'll gas doing...and get TKO'd.
8/11/17 3:12 PM
6/24/09
RonnieF'nPickering! -
Beelze - 

Maybe I'm reading your comment wrong but what Floyd is saying is that even if it goes the distance and he officially wins, he'll consider it a win for Conor.

Conor's only hope is to come out swinging, which is a stupid move against Floyd or hang on for dear life and try to ride it out, which he'll gas doing...and get TKO'd.

Your last paragraph is exactly what I'm saying, and with everyone including Floyd putting that idea into Conor's head perhaps it'll effect the way Conor fights before or during the bout.

8/11/17 3:45 PM
7/11/12

Why listen to fighters before fights?

All their doing is saying stuff to get the opponent thinking.

8/11/17 10:01 PM
1/1/01
MMA Playwright -
sacredhate - 
MMA Playwright - 

I'm undefeated.

Thank you. Finally distilled down to a level I can take in and understand.
Floyd good. Conor bad.
8/11/17 10:11 PM
1/1/01
Trane - 
sacredhate - 
MMA Playwright - 

I'm undefeated.

Cliffs of these 2 sentances please.

If Conor lasts till the final bell, I'm no longer undefeated.
8/11/17 10:53 PM
6/27/12
Cliffs on the op
8/12/17 8:01 PM
12/26/08

Floyd was raised in a home that many would call child abuse... he was created, he was forced and he was molded to be the best defensive fighter ever... there was no other option for him.

8/12/17 8:36 PM
4/22/16
OP on the cliffs
8/12/17 9:49 PM
10/27/03

Makes me want to hear a lecture from Floyd in the finer points of boxing.

Does switching stances really burn that much energy ?

8/12/17 10:10 PM
10/14/07
Even friends of mine who are boxing fanatics think PBF HAS to KO Connor.

If it goes to a decision it makes PBF look bad an Connor can then turn around and say " I boxed with you, now are you man enough to get in a cage with me"....

With that being said EASY decision, I would be surprised TBH if Connor gets KOed considering boxing rounds are shorter and he won't gas (MMA is way more taxing then boxing).