UnderGround Forums Frankie Edgar to replace Brian Ortega

12/5/19 12:25 PM
10/14/17

12/5/19 12:30 PM
10/14/17

12/5/19 12:32 PM
6/9/16

What???

UFC thinks Frankie can take on Korean Zombie in late December and not sustain enough damage that he can still fight Sandhagen a month later? Jesus! Korean Zombie doesn't go easy on opponents and Frankie ain't young anymore. I hope he rejects the Sandhagen fight because the Korean Zombie fight will surely pay more.  

Edited: 12/5/19 12:48 PM
2/21/14

I’m sure if I were in the same position as Sandhagen I would be pissed as well, but to go after Frankies character because he’s seeking a bigger payday and higher profile fight is pretty fucked up. If the shoe was on the other foot I’d like to see what he would do in this situation.

12/5/19 1:02 PM
7/29/13

Fuck that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing Frankie fight when they come to Raleigh. 

12/5/19 1:05 PM
8/3/19
DEVIN THE DUDE -

I’m sure if I were in the same position as Sandhagen I would be pissed as well, but to go after Frankies character because he’s seeking a bigger payday and higher profile fight is pretty fucked up. If the shoe was on the other foot I’d like to see what he would do in this situation.

Frankie is nowhere near the belt at FW, so why bother? A win against Sandhagen puts him one fight away from a shot at Cejudo, which is bigger than a fight with Korean Zombie. Also Sandhagen has been training for his fight, which costs time and money. It is a shitty for Frankie to do.

12/5/19 1:05 PM
4/27/07

Frankie should take the payday , his career is almost over

12/5/19 1:13 PM
11/20/05

Stupid fight, but I'll enjoy watching the Zombie do work on him.

12/5/19 1:18 PM
5/22/17

TKZ KO’s Frankie 

12/5/19 1:45 PM
12/8/12

TKZ will make quick work of Frankie

12/5/19 1:45 PM
4/13/07

MATCH OF THE CENTURY!!

Korean Zombie vs Guido Zombie

12/5/19 2:13 PM
6/27/02
BathtubwiththeBoiz -
DEVIN THE DUDE -

Frankie is nowhere near the belt at FW, so why bother? A win against Sandhagen puts him one fight away from a shot at Cejudo, which is bigger than a fight with Korean Zombie. Also Sandhagen has been training for his fight, which costs time and money. It is a shitty for Frankie to do.

To play devil’s advocate, what if he wins em both? He’ll be fresh in everybody’s mind and can go straight to Cejudo. He’s not a young guy and has the chance to accomplish A LOT in one month. Plus it’s a bigger payday. And if he loses that one he still has the weight class change in his pocket for his next fight. I understand the disappointment, but definitely understand the decision Frankie is making more. 

Edited: 12/5/19 2:23 PM
5/15/09
DEVIN THE DUDE -

How is that pretty fucked up? Or in any way incorrect?

Frankie said he wants to fight for the title, so it would make sense to fight a top guy in the division he is moving to, rather than fighting someone not in title-reach in a division he's leaving. Is that not correct?

When you short someone an opportunity and renege on an signed agreement, one that someone has been preparing diligently for, that's not kind of a POS move? Especially when the motivation is earning more money for yourself?

The shoe being on the other foot wouldn't make anything he said about Frankie wrong in this instance.

12/5/19 4:01 PM
8/3/19
KirkBJJ -
BathtubwiththeBoiz -
DEVIN THE DUDE -

To play devil’s advocate, what if he wins em both? He’ll be fresh in everybody’s mind and can go straight to Cejudo. He’s not a young guy and has the chance to accomplish A LOT in one month. Plus it’s a bigger payday. And if he loses that one he still has the weight class change in his pocket for his next fight. I understand the disappointment, but definitely understand the decision Frankie is making more. 

Nothing is certain, but he is not getting out of a fight with the Korean Zombie unscathed.

12/5/19 5:17 PM
5/30/15
Smilin like Rashad -

TKZ will make quick work of Frankie

There is no scenario I'm which i can imagine that being true. Quick work of? No way. 

I favor Frankie. 

12/5/19 5:18 PM
6/27/02
BathtubwiththeBoiz -
KirkBJJ -
BathtubwiththeBoiz -
DEVIN THE DUDE -

Nothing is certain, but he is not getting out of a fight with the Korean Zombie unscathed.

I agree. I’m just saying his decision makes sense... for him. The fight isn’t even off yet and if it does end up getting pulled or pushed back, people should be upset with the UFC if anything. 

12/5/19 7:23 PM
8/26/11
DEVIN THE DUDE -

Sandhagen IS in this situation. That's why he's pissed. Frankie was going to be the biggest name on his list. And now he's trying to lure Frankie back into it. 

12/5/19 10:04 PM
2/3/10

Maybe zombie will sub frankie early and he can fight sandhagen because he wouldve received no damage

12/5/19 10:13 PM
11/19/19
Rangi -

Apparently Ortega has a ruptured rectum from being powerbottomed

I heard he strained his vagina?