UnderGround Forums GSP Signs New UFC Deal

5 days ago
4/27/07
They have come to terms per Ariel Helwani

Bisping vs GSP ?
5 days ago
12/9/13

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/The-UFC-is-giving-GSP-whatever-he-wants:2634399?pc=38

lol

5 days ago
12/14/15

Good for Georges. The UFC is in the shit right now. 

5 days ago
9/12/10
Yes!!!
5 days ago
7/24/12
He wants the Anderson fight after not being impressed with his performance on saturday.
5 days ago
1/1/01
I hear Underarmour is doing poorly. Maybe that opened up negotiations.
5 days ago
4/27/07
He fights Bisping then Conor
5 days ago
1/14/17
JOESONDO - I hear Underarmour is doing poorly. Maybe that opened up negotiations.
Good point
5 days ago
7/22/09
Reality is the UFC needs stars more than ever and needs to give GSP whatever he wants

The most recent blow to the UFC is how the Rousey/145lb division fell apart completely

As reported by many sources, plus common sense in marketing...

Rousey was supposed to beat Nunes (main reason Nunes barely got any promotion)

The FW belt was meant to be btw Holm vs Cyborg. Cyborg can't take the fight

If Holm won, the biggest rematch in UFC history (at least in mainstream terms) with Rousey trying to be a 2 division champ like Conor

If Cyborg won, the fight fans wanted for years with Rousey

Nunes alone ruined those plans, even worse GDR winning WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. If Holm would've won in convincing fashion at least the rematch can still happen with Rousey moving up to a new weightclass. Now you got a champ with no promotion (Nunes) and a champ nobody knows and doesn't want to know after the dirty cheap shots after the bells.

What doesn't help either is Conor is a megastar but literally shows no interest in fighting again. He literally said already he has no interest in Khabib or Ferguson, nor a move back down to recapture the FW belt. He went as far to say he doesn't mind waiting another year until Mayweather can fight him

Anderson is sadly done especially after that last performance. Jones can't stay out of trouble. Lesnar retired again and couldn't even fight anyway if he wanted due to suspension. Rousey seems officially done too.

GSP is still healthy, the UFC needs GSP not only as a star but also maybe a superfight with Conor at WW, to draw Conor's interest back in MMA.
5 days ago
5/26/14

That's cool lets get the fucking fight done already

5 days ago
5/17/08

They need him after Rousey's likely departure and McGregor potentially sitting out awhile.  Jones can't stay out of trouble, and there really aren't any other major draws.  

Wonder if he'll want to go for the belt or if he just wants marquee fights.

5 days ago
7/31/12
The last UFC didn't help matters either. You know you're hurting when Holly Holm on a 2 fight losing streak is headlining your card.

Good timing for GSP.
5 days ago
5/26/14
Gullivers Travels -

They need him after Rousey's likely departure and McGregor potentially sitting out awhile.  Jones can't stay out of trouble, and there really aren't any other major draws.  

Everyone keeps saying this shit.

Jones will be fighting in July, he's probably doing burpees right fucking now.

I like Dan but hoping for Rumble to win in Buffalo, then see Jones vs Rumble for the title in July.

GSP back in action, Jones in July, and Stipe violently fucking up JDS......UFC will be right back in line with good events.  

5 days ago
1/1/01
Awesome news.

Man, I've been waiting for this for years. Can't wait to see him come get his belt back!
5 days ago
2/15/12
0hi0direct -
Gullivers Travels -

I like Dan but hoping for Rumble to win in Buffalo, then see Jones vs Rumble for the title in July.

GSP back in action, Jones in July, and Stipe violently fucking up JDS......UFC will be right back in line with good events.  

Jones doesn't consistently draw anywhere close to half the numbers Ronda and Conor pull. I think that as a headliner Jones averages around 450k buys. That puts him at the top of the non-superstar list, but nowhere near GSP or the other 2.
5 days ago
4/14/12
Awesome news! The UFC has been stale and boring for a long time, hopefully this will help pick up interest again
5 days ago
7/15/15

They should have GSP fight every 3 months.

fight the champ of each division.

start with DJ

after 3 months fight cody

wait another 3 fight aldo 

and do on until he gets beat

4 days ago
5/26/14
Spinning Shit -
0hi0direct -
Gullivers Travels -

Jones doesn't consistently draw anywhere close to half the numbers Ronda and Conor pull. I think that as a headliner Jones averages around 450k buys. That puts him at the top of the non-superstar list, but nowhere near GSP or the other 2.

Jones is my top p4p but you're correct. 

He is still a decent draw. All the arrests and controversies will prob increase his buyrate if marketed properly. 

4 days ago
1/1/01

I think I'd rather see GSP vs. Anderson than Bisping. But I'll gladly watch either!

4 days ago
7/22/11
tommyNOFilter -

They should have GSP fight every 3 months.

fight the champ of each division.

start with DJ

after 3 months fight cody

wait another 3 fight aldo 

and do on until he gets beat

so in the lower divisions wich leg does gsp cut off to make the weight...

3 days ago
3/13/08
0hi0direct -
Spinning Shit -
0hi0direct -
Gullivers Travels -

Jones is my top p4p but you're correct. 

He is still a decent draw. All the arrests and controversies will prob increase his buyrate if marketed properly. 

Remember when Jones first came to the UFC?   He marketed himself as preacher's son and bragged about narking on kids for smoking weed in high shool.  What a hypocritical douchebag.

3 days ago
12/9/13

still no confimation GSP signed

2 days ago
4/27/07
Confirmed