UnderGround Forums GSP: dont think I will defend middleweight belt

10 days ago
3/22/16
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12/6/16742756/georges-st-pierre-doesnt-think-hell-defend-ufc-middleweight-title

is Dana pissed yet?
10 days ago
4/4/16

Is anyone surprised? 

10 days ago
11/1/05

uber GSP  does what he wants.

Edited: 10 days ago
7/19/13

Oh I’m fucking shocked.. 99% of this board knew this was a spectacle. GSP was afraid of Hendricks, left the sport for years because of the asswhooping he endured. Foh with the bs, this fight is just more garbage from the UFC, putting ppl to fight for a belt they know damn well they don’t want no part of. Bisping the fake champ who milked the belt for a year for financial gain by avoiding the best fighters in his division, and GSP who’s scared to fight ppl who can actually beat him. Whittaker was too intimidating a task, and Yoel was gonna wreck his shit too. Why even fight for a belt you know damn well you won’t defend? Circus Fighting Championships.

10 days ago
10/25/09
KnockoutThoughts -

Oh I’m fucking shocked.. 99% of this board knew this was a spectacle. GSP was afraid of Hendricks, left the sport for years because of the asswhooping he endured. Foh with the bs, this fight is just more garbage from the UFC, putting ppl to fight for a belt they know damn well they don’t want no part of. Bisping the fake champ who milked the belt for a year for financial gain by avoiding the best fighters in his division, and GSP who’s scared to fight ppl who can actually beat him. Whittaker was too intimidating a task, and Yoel was gonna wreck his shit too. Why even fight for a belt you know damn well you won’t defend? Circus Fighting Championships.

You're challenging Don Brodski as worst poster in this forum

10 days ago
9/2/10

lol @ GSP being afraid of Hendricks.

Yeah, beause Hendricks has been ripping people a new one since that GSP fight. Fucking numpty.

10 days ago
3/22/16
KnockoutThoughts - 

somebody get this guy a snickers
10 days ago
9/9/12
I'm glad to hear this. He tested the waters at 185 against a top 5 MW and finished him. After 4 years away none the less....def saw that it wasn't his natural weight. Glad that he's likely going to come back to 170. I'm thinking his next fight is going to be his last.
10 days ago
9/5/11

He was never going to. He was lying all along.

”My contract states I must defend the ti-telle...” Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah...

10 days ago
8/19/17

Good for him. I'd really like to see him retire and ride off into the sunset on the highest possible note.

Make the Aussie the new champ. He can start defending the belt and unclog that division. 

10 days ago
2/22/09
Why would GSP do anything other than challenge for the 170 lbs belt?

If he wins he's the second person to hold two belts simultaneously and that sets up GSP vs Conor.

If he loses he can defend the 185 lbs belt.
10 days ago
9/5/11

DEFEND OR VACATE!

RIGHT UGERS?!?!?

10 days ago
9/5/11
yabadaba - Why would GSP do anything other than challenge for the 170 lbs belt?

If he wins he's the second person to hold two belts simultaneously and that sets up GSP vs Conor.

Sets up Conor vs GSP???

When’s GSP gonna cut to lightweight? Or was that a lie, too? 

10 days ago
2/22/09
Malvert the Janitor - 

Sets up Conor vs GSP???

Obviously Conor would have to come up to 170 lbs.

That would be the biggest fight available to Conor in MMA by far (GSP is a much bigger star than Nate) and it would give him the opportunity to fight for a 3rd belt.

Of course GSP would be the favorite and the risk might not be worth the reward for Conor...
Edited: 10 days ago
8/19/17
Malvert the Janitor -

Sets up Conor vs GSP???

Conor is retired. I'm sorry man. I can Google the number to the suicide hotline if you need. Remember we love Malvert, you've still got plenty to live for pal.

10 days ago
9/5/11
yabadaba -
Malvert the Janitor - 

Sets up Conor vs GSP???

Obviously Conor would have to come up to 170 lbs.

That would be the biggest fight available to Conor in MMA by far (GSP is a much bigger star than Nate) and it would give him the opportunity to fight for a 3rd belt.

Of course GSP would be the favorite and the risk might not be worth the reward for Conor...

How much weight would Conor give up in that fight?

Conor weighs about 168 at welterweight. Georges weighs about 190 and would grapple him. 

And here’s the real point - Conor makes Conor money REGARDLESS of who he fights. He doesn’t need GSP to make a big fight - he makes em all on his own.

We know who needs who. And we know it’s why GSP came back in the first place. 

10 days ago
2/22/09
Conor just needs a big fight. At this point Tony and even Nate aren't really worth his time. But a 170 lbs champion GSP might be...
10 days ago
9/5/11
yabadaba - Conor just needs a big fight. At this point Tony and even Nate aren't really worth his time. But a 170 lbs champion GSP might be...

You really think Conor NEEDS anything? He hasn’t a need in the world. 

10 days ago
2/22/09
"Conor weighs about 168 at welterweight. Georges weighs about 190 and would grapple him."

I agree that taking on GSP at 170 lbs might be too much for Conor. Conor belongs at 155 while GSP belongs at 170 lbs. But Conor has talked about taking on the 170 lbs champion in the past.
10 days ago
2/22/09
Malvert the Janitor - 
yabadaba - Conor just needs a big fight. At this point Tony and even Nate aren't really worth his time. But a 170 lbs champion GSP might be...

You really think Conor NEEDS anything? He hasn’t a need in the world. 

My post was in response to the guy who said Conor is retired. Conor is just looking for a big fight IMO.
10 days ago
1/12/12
I see no issue with GSP retiring without a title defense.

Think about it. No controversy, was a dominate champ in a very strong division and just added a middle weight belt. He's established himself as numero uno on the GOAT list with Anderson Silva and Jon Jones getting popped on numerous occasions for PEDs.

I'm sure he is financially secure so what's the point in another fight?

I just hope this gets resolved one way or the other so Whittaker can fight Romero, Rockhold or Weidman to establish the new champ.

10 days ago
11/1/05

GSP saw that conor could do it TWICE and most fans dont give a shit, so why not? make a bunch of money and set a new record for yourself. hells yeah

10 days ago
9/5/11
yabadaba - "Conor weighs about 168 at welterweight. Georges weighs about 190 and would grapple him."

I agree that taking on GSP at 170 lbs might be too much for Conor. Conor belongs at 155 while GSP belongs at 170 lbs. But Conor has talked about taking on the 170 lbs champion in the past.

Sure.

GSP is the antithesis of Conor is so many ways. Including his seeming inclination to seek favorable matchups as opposed to all comers.

The challenge for McGregor against GSP would be great. What challenge does GSP see in McGregor? 

He doesn’t. He sees low risk, high reward. 

AGAIN!

10 days ago
2/22/09
"Including his seeming inclination to seek favorable matchups as opposed to all comers."

What are you talking about? GSP was the champ and he fought all comers.
10 days ago
10/31/15
Carogan -
KnockoutThoughts -

You're challenging Don Brodski as worst poster in this forum

Your boy GSP is a coward, only takes fights he's sure he'll win, ducked Andy for so long