UnderGround Forums Goldie signed with Bellator!

2/17/17 10:41 AM
1/1/12
TryhardNobody -

Im a little behind on this. Was Goldie fucking fired? I thought he retired

You're thinking of Cole Konrad, thats the guy that retired.

2/17/17 10:47 AM
1/1/01
Great move by bellator Goldie was part of the sound of the ufc. I'm glad he got picked up and can't wait to hear him commentate
2/17/17 10:48 AM
11/20/05
Uhg, I don't like how Bellator keeps signing the castaways.
2/17/17 10:53 AM
3/14/09

Great! Hope he's calling the action this weekend. 

2/17/17 11:04 AM
1/1/01
12er - 
TryhardNobody -

Im a little behind on this. Was Goldie fucking fired? I thought he retired

You're thinking of Cole Konrad, thats the guy that retired.

Did he retire? I missed that 3 year long conversation.

2/17/17 11:38 AM
12/8/16
Carogan -
Vikingknee -

There is no way he didn't sign a non compete 

BLAF: "Goldie...your fired."

10 mins later

BLAF: "uuuuhhh...Mike...by the way, as you're packing your box up could you please do a biggie for us and sign this non-compete clause as you're going out the door so that you can't find another job?  Thanks buddy.  You're a great employee.

Yeah..."there is no way" he didn't sign a non-competition clause as he's getting the boot out the door?!?!?!  Fuck...some people are fucking stupid.

Often times your non-compete is actually in your contract, so it says that at the end of your contract you won't work directly for a competitor for x ammount of time.  However, typically this is just enforced by a fine or requires a certain ammount of pay.  Bellator could essentially factor that into a signing bonus (pretty common when dealing with NCA) or sign him now and just agree to wait until after his time expires.

There's also the chance that the non-compete only came into effect if he were to quit or be fired and that simply allowing his contract to expire didn't cause it to get into effect.  Or that it only covered 60 days and it's already expired.  There's a litany of options as to why/how he'd be able to work for them.

TL|DR: Goldie probably had a non-compete but it's either expired, will be expiring, or Bellator is just going to cover the cost of violating it.

2/17/17 12:07 PM
2/8/09

If true good for Goldie then. 

2/17/17 12:56 PM
6/6/04

From: Hate420 Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 2 hours ago

Uhg, I don't like how Bellator keeps signing the castaways.

Thats what they said bout the AFL AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE which was very successful and NFL had to merge with them....then again thats also what they said about the USFL .

2/17/17 1:37 PM
10/12/11
ItsMy1stDay -
Carogan -
Vikingknee -

10 mins later

BLAF: "uuuuhhh...Mike...by the way, as you're packing your box up could you please do a biggie for us and sign this non-compete clause as you're going out the door so that you can't find another job?  Thanks buddy.  You're a great employee.

Yeah..."there is no way" he didn't sign a non-competition clause as he's getting the boot out the door?!?!?!  Fuck...some people are fucking stupid.

Often times your non-compete is actually in your contract, so it says that at the end of your contract you won't work directly for a competitor for x ammount of time.  However, typically this is just enforced by a fine or requires a certain ammount of pay.  Bellator could essentially factor that into a signing bonus (pretty common when dealing with NCA) or sign him now and just agree to wait until after his time expires.

There's also the chance that the non-compete only came into effect if he were to quit or be fired and that simply allowing his contract to expire didn't cause it to get into effect.  Or that it only covered 60 days and it's already expired.  There's a litany of options as to why/how he'd be able to work for them.

TL|DR: Goldie probably had a non-compete but it's either expired, will be expiring, or Bellator is just going to cover the cost of violating it.

Also a non-compete only matters if WME decided it mattered.  It's possible Goldie asked if it was cool and WME responded "yeah, whatever."  I think WME is underestimating how much of the feel of the UFC that Goldie contributed to.  When some rando sports fan sees a fight at a sports bar and it's two familiar UFC faces and Goldie commentating, I think it may end up feeling more like the UFC than some current actual ufc cards.

2/17/17 4:11 PM
7/12/15
Awesome! Goldie! Goldie! Goldie!
2/17/17 4:28 PM
5/26/14
Where is this confirmed
2/17/17 6:02 PM
7/14/15
0hi0direct - Where is this confirmed

Same place as your question mark.

2/17/17 6:42 PM
1/12/15
From UFC to Bellator. Taking a chapter from the fighters' page!
2/17/17 6:55 PM
8/23/12

Does anyone still have the link to the comparison video of the UFC 208 announce team at the end of a fight and if Mike goldberg called the end of the fight difference?

2/17/17 7:05 PM
11/28/03

dammit that was titos job!

2/17/17 7:06 PM
10/27/03
time traveling 12er - 
ItsMy1stDay -
Carogan -
Vikingknee -

10 mins later

Also a non-compete only matters if WME decided it mattered.  It's possible Goldie asked if it was cool and WME responded "yeah, whatever."  I think WME is underestimating how much of the feel of the UFC that Goldie contributed to.  When some rando sports fan sees a fight at a sports bar and it's two familiar UFC faces and Goldie commentating, I think it may end up feeling more like the UFC than some current actual ufc cards.

Non-competes are generally only when you choose to quit and go to a competitor mid contract.
Or that you were a permanent ongoing employee and chose to resign.

They are not normally part of a contractors agreement that would be enforced after the company choose to let your contract lapse to get rid of you.

"Can I continue working for you?"
"No ... and you're not allowed to work for anyone else either!"
2/17/17 7:16 PM
4/9/14
Goldie is the Michael Jordan of Fight Commentators.
2/17/17 7:33 PM
6/8/10
Vikingknee -

A non compete when you are let go?
2/17/17 8:41 PM
6/24/09

We're entering the Zuffa era of Bellator.

2/17/17 8:51 PM
4/14/13

Dana - "Me and Goldie were never friends"

2/17/17 9:23 PM
1/28/09
I really hope this is true!!
2/17/17 9:54 PM
8/31/10
Steven McTowelie -
Vikingknee -

HE WAS LET GO YOU IDIOT.

'You're fired, now please sign this no-compete so you can't work again.'

'No.'

'But...you're fired!'

Lol!

2/17/17 9:55 PM
8/31/10
Aussie Shaun - Wow, imagine all the behind the scenes knowledge that a jilted goldy could pass onto the Bellator brass, about how the UFC works.

Don't forget Coker was with the UFC for a while, but ya, Goldie would be a deep well of knowledge for sure.

2/17/17 10:07 PM
3/23/12
Beelze - 

We're entering the Zuffa era of Bellator.

You think Zuffa signed a no compete clause? Hmmmmmmm.
2/18/17 12:00 AM
7/4/09

I thought I read he was still under Zuffa until July and Dana just decided to pull the plug early on him