UnderGround Forums Goldie signed with Bellator!

2/18/17 12:11 AM
12/22/13
Vampire sexuality for all!!!!
2/18/17 12:19 AM
1/1/01
still can't believe what a 180 Goldberg did in the eyes of everyone on this board.

6 months ago he was the scum of the earth.
2/18/17 12:45 AM
4/6/14
sgotwalks -
Aussie Shaun - Wow, imagine all the behind the scenes knowledge that a jilted goldy could pass onto the Bellator brass, about how the UFC works.

Don't forget Coker was with the UFC for a while, but ya, Goldie would be a deep well of knowledge for sure.

Wtf are you idiots talking about?  You guys think that Goldy actually sat in on meetings and was privy to confidential business information within UFC management?  Goldie isn't even a deep well of knowledge on what's going on during fights.  

Hey, I liked him too, but all he ever did was read off trivia shit from cue cards about fighters during fights, that's it.  "The former Sun Devil.... ready to embrace the grind..... had his first pro fight when he was just 20 years old.... has been a longtime training partner of Donald "COWBOY" Cerrone....  even lived at the ranch for a year... still looking to embrace the grind... once chased down a mugger in the park... IT IS ALLLL OOVVERRR!"

2/18/17 12:48 AM
5/30/11
Vikingknee -

There is no way he didn't sign a non compete 

I seriously doubt he had a non-compete in his contract that forbade him from trying to make a living in his field after the expiration of his contract (and only an utter fucking idiot would sign such a thing). I'm not even sure that would be legal.

A non-compete would be a clause that would forbid him from going elsewhere if he retired mid-contract.

Edited: 2/18/17 12:58 AM
5/30/11
RKing85 - still can"t believe what a 180 Goldberg did in the eyes of everyone on this board.

The dude said some goofy shit, occasionally cringeworthy, but he had really good chemistry with Rogan, and it's weird to watch a UFC PPV and not hear the dude. He also was always genuinely excited about the fights, and was a genuinely likeable dude.

The UFC has had so many changes over the last 20 months or so, most of them negative. Some continuity would be nice here, that's the main reason I'd have not let him go. In the end they didn't even have a replacement for the guy, they just thought they did.

2/18/17 1:20 AM
8/31/10
Borgata Grille -
sgotwalks -
Aussie Shaun - Wow, imagine all the behind the scenes knowledge that a jilted goldy could pass onto the Bellator brass, about how the UFC works.

Don't forget Coker was with the UFC for a while, but ya, Goldie would be a deep well of knowledge for sure.

Wtf are you idiots talking about?  You guys think that Goldy actually sat in on meetings and was privy to confidential business information within UFC management?  Goldie isn't even a deep well of knowledge on what's going on during fights.  

Hey, I liked him too, but all he ever did was read off trivia shit from cue cards about fighters during fights, that's it.  "The former Sun Devil.... ready to embrace the grind..... had his first pro fight when he was just 20 years old.... has been a longtime training partner of Donald "COWBOY" Cerrone....  even lived at the ranch for a year... still looking to embrace the grind... once chased down a mugger in the park... IT IS ALLLL OOVVERRR!"

Nah man, when you're that close to something for 20 years you're going to hear a lot, see a lot, and know a lot about the company you're working for. You're bound to be far more knowledgeable about that company than someone who didn't work a high profile position with them for 20 years. 

2/18/17 2:19 AM
3/23/12
RKing85 - still can't believe what a 180 Goldberg did in the eyes of everyone on this board.

Bullshit.  He was the lovable goof.  We loved piling on him, but that was part of the UFC experience.  

2/18/17 2:41 AM
8/31/10
RKing85 - still can't believe what a 180 Goldberg did in the eyes of everyone on this board.

Everyone?

2/18/17 3:01 AM
2/24/11

He never was "scum of the earth", wtf?!!! Chose your words more carefully.
Some people didn't like his style in the past because it was always compared to Rogan, the best in the business. As soon as the UFC brought in new commentators, a lot of people realised how good we had it.
Great for Bellator. Another reason to watch.
2/18/17 3:06 AM
8/21/16
youarewhatiswrong -

Bullshit.  He was the lovable goof.  We loved piling on him, but that was part of the UFC experience.  

Truth

2/18/17 4:02 AM
1/1/11
x9uv - 
time traveling 12er -

I'm glad he landed somewhere, I always thought he was underrated.

are you retarded? the man remains completely bufuddled as to the rules about 12-6 elbows, TO THIS DAY. 

its just not that hard.

but damn can he read a corn nuts ad card like no one.

Thats part of his charm to some people, me included.

But everyone has an opinion, and I can respect those that have a differing one than mine.

It's exactly the same with polarizing fighters like Mac or Bisping - they're always going to have a split between haters and super fans.

You can't change one's opinion when it's emotionally based, and in the entertainment world it is almost always emotionally based.

I for one am very happy for him, and I miss the chemistry he had with Rogan. To me, a little humor in the commentating makes it more endearing.
2/18/17 4:06 AM
1/1/11
RKing85 - still can't believe what a 180 Goldberg did in the eyes of everyone on this board.

You can't read opinions of a chunk of posters here and assume it's every poster.

Many people have always liked him ... it's just haters are generally more vocal. It's exactly the same with politics (except right now - it's backwards now with the Trump lovers).
2/18/17 4:25 AM
6/20/13

I would have hoped Bellator would seek out knowledgable commentators. 

2/18/17 7:06 AM
11/18/05
Carogan -
Vikingknee -

BLAF: "Goldie...your fired."

10 mins later

BLAF: "uuuuhhh...Mike...by the way, as you're packing your box up could you please do a biggie for us and sign this non-compete clause as you're going out the door so that you can't find another job?  Thanks buddy.  You're a great employee.

Yeah..."there is no way" he didn't sign a non-competition clause as he's getting the boot out the door?!?!?!  Fuck...some people are fucking stupid.

You're the idiot - they'd be in an existing contract. You don't sign them on way out unless they're tied to some extra consideration 

2/18/17 7:29 AM
11/18/05
Chromium -
Vikingknee -

I seriously doubt he had a non-compete in his contract that forbade him from trying to make a living in his field after the expiration of his contract (and only an utter fucking idiot would sign such a thing). I'm not even sure that would be legal.

A non-compete would be a clause that would forbid him from going elsewhere if he retired mid-contract.

Well that's what non- competes are for and you'll find them in most corporate contracts 

2/18/17 7:50 AM
6/24/09
thebasher -
Carogan -
Vikingknee -

10 mins later

BLAF: "uuuuhhh...Mike...by the way, as you're packing your box up could you please do a biggie for us and sign this non-compete clause as you're going out the door so that you can't find another job?  Thanks buddy.  You're a great employee.

Yeah..."there is no way" he didn't sign a non-competition clause as he's getting the boot out the door?!?!?!  Fuck...some people are fucking stupid.

You're the idiot - they'd be in an existing contract. You don't sign them on way out unless they're tied to some extra consideration 

You mean in the contract that wasn't renewed?

2/18/17 12:50 PM
2/25/10

Goldie and Jimmy smith isn't far off from Goldie and Rogan.  While I understand Jimmy Smith is no Joe Rogan... their commentating styles are nearly identicle and im sure Jimmy will Mesh fine with Goldie. 

2/18/17 1:00 PM
2/25/10
Beelze -
thebasher -
Carogan -
Vikingknee -

10 mins later

This....    if his contract was not renewed, it don't matter what the blue hell was in it. 

He is only locked into a contract that both parties have signed, and compensation is being paid forwrad on.   They chose not to re-new.  He is a free agent. 

2/18/17 1:19 PM
1/23/06
RKing85 - still can't believe what a 180 Goldberg did in the eyes of everyone on this board.

Poor choice of words and a total misrepresentation of the situation. Yes goldie got tons of shit, but he was also beloved. Glad to see him land on his feet where he belongs commentating.
2/18/17 2:54 PM
2/25/10
CRE -

Poor choice of words and a total misrepresentation of the situation. Yes goldie got tons of shit, but he was also beloved. Glad to see him land on his feet where he belongs commentating.

Well said.  I may have bashed goldie a bit, but it was all in good fun.  He is in a VERY public spotlight, so when he makes a mis step, people are going to talk.. "Little eagle soars again"  "The hughes brothers used to pound eachother behind the barn"  I mean come on.. that shit is classic.. we don't hate him for that stuff. We love him for that stuff.  Joe has made mistakes... just that he corrects himself in due time.   Goldie is a fun dude. Anyonne who disliked that man needs to check their own attitude. 

2/18/17 2:55 PM
2/25/10

he's going body, body head Joe"  ... "Okay, Thanks Goldie" LOLOL 

2/18/17 2:56 PM
3/12/07
JackG79 -
Beelze -
thebasher -
Carogan -
Vikingknee -

10 mins later

This....    if his contract was not renewed, it don't matter what the blue hell was in it. 

He is only locked into a contract that both parties have signed, and compensation is being paid forwrad on.   They chose not to re-new.  He is a free agent. 

This is incorrect. The contract can be written with a non-compete that survives the life of the contract for a set amount of time allowable under law. Most non-competes are written this way. 

2/18/17 9:13 PM
9/6/16

Good for Goldie! It was easy to bash him throughout the years but he was always our boy! Fuck WME

2/18/17 9:33 PM
1/12/15
JackG79 -

Goldie and Jimmy smith isn't far off from Goldie and Rogan.  While I understand Jimmy Smith is no Joe Rogan... their commentating styles are nearly identicle and im sure Jimmy will Mesh fine with Goldie. 

Virtually identical*
2/18/17 9:43 PM
7/10/14

How come no other place has picked up on this lmao  u idiots  only op has said Goldie has said he's signing with b what a shitshow