UnderGround Forums I thought Carwin was coming back?

5 days ago
5/17/13

To fight in Rizin, what happened?

5 days ago
7/8/09
I thought you were going to say with the UFC. With USADA, he'd fight at LHW
5 days ago
7/13/16

Fake news

Edited: 5 days ago
1/1/01

Acording to MMA Insight...

Unfortunately, the catch is that he's coming in to replace one of the tournaments other big name stars, former UFC interim heavyweight champion Shane Carwin who has pulled out of his fight for undisclosed reasons.

https://mmainsight.com/news/heath-herring-late-addition-to-rizin-open-weight-grand-prix

5 days ago
3/12/16
Pretty sure he pulled out for personal reasons.
5 days ago
1/1/01

Meh. I never need to see him fight again anyways.

5 days ago
9/26/11

No. Bc usada 

5 days ago
11/16/16

he wanted no part of Aliakbari

5 days ago
7/12/15
Toquinho -

No. Bc usada 

in RIZIN?

lol Cro Cop is lucky
5 days ago
1/26/08

My guess is custody fight for kids. Dad being a engineer looks a lot better than dad fights in a cage for a living. 

5 days ago
12/3/02

Carwin V. CroCop would be a dream matchup

4 days ago
6/30/07
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

My guess is custody fight for kids. Dad being a engineer looks a lot better than dad fights in a cage for a living. 

Something along those lines was pretty much the consensus around when it happened. Good on him for putting his kids first.
4 days ago
2/1/08
MountainMedic -

Something along those lines was pretty much the consensus around when it happened. Good on him for putting his kids first.

Really?

That's interesting.  I mean, they aren't mutually exclusive.  Didn't he keep his engineering job while he was fighting in the UFC?  I guess I understand sensitivity when it comes to courts and custody, but it seems like dad who's an engineer and also earns potentially six figures of extra income on the side by prize fighting doesn't seem like such black eye.

4 days ago
11/18/14
RKing85 -

Meh. I never need to see him fight again anyways.

well look at you. i i i 

hope you are well mate

4 days ago
6/21/13

Who?

4 days ago
1/18/14
crazydave -

If the dream had taken place in 2008.  Loved watching both the guys, but would not want to see it today.

4 days ago
6/23/09

No!  His body is a mess( as far as fighting other large men in a cage).

4 days ago
10/9/10
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite - I thought you were going to say with the UFC. With USADA, he'd fight at LHW

Have you seen Dragonball Z? Cause if you’ve seen Shenron, you’d know that Carwin and him are the same size. 

4 days ago
10/27/03
notsobigmike - 
MountainMedic -

Really?

That's interesting.  I mean, they aren't mutually exclusive.  Didn't he keep his engineering job while he was fighting in the UFC?  I guess I understand sensitivity when it comes to courts and custody, but it seems like dad who's an engineer and also earns potentially six figures of extra income on the side by prize fighting doesn't seem like such black eye.

Its not even potentially that 'fighting is bad'.
It can easily be spun that he wouldn't be able to provide the environment necessary due to being so busy working two careers.
Potentially better to work one and show that he has lots of available time to provide the stable environment and presence courts like to see.
No idea about his personal court situation though.
4 days ago
8/30/16

HH? For real?

4 days ago
2/27/14
crazydave -

I think Carwin levels cro cop
3 days ago
10/8/10

I like how Carwin got a free pass from the UG and no flames on him about being linked to that pharmacy that had his name in the patient list for 'the clear' roids or whatever (i think it was the clear). Guy was a juice head and when he got wind of that report he got clean and stopped juicing and lost LOTS of weight. Skip to 1:49 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX2CBRCERt0

3 days ago
4/22/13
s13 -

I like how Carwin got a free pass from the UG and no flames on him about being linked to that pharmacy that had his name in the patient list for 'the clear' roids or whatever (i think it was the clear). Guy was a juice head and when he got wind of that report he got clean and stopped juicing and lost LOTS of weight. Skip to 1:49 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX2CBRCERt0

Free pass?

Lol the guy got burned. Wonder why he doesnt post hare anymore?
3 days ago
7/15/04
Carwin was given quite a bit of shit for his steroid use/connections if I remember properly.
3 days ago
10/28/07
Gñe -
s13 -

Free pass?

Lol the guy got burned. Wonder why he doesnt post hare anymore?

To be fair there aren’t many fighters posting here anymore.