Member Since: 10/18/11
'I will be champion, believe'
Through Google Translate:
The weight-welterweight Rousimar Palhares could not wipe the smile off his face during the press conference of WSOF 9, Thursday, at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. The mood was such that even the process of losing weight or surprise drug test that was submitted by the State Athletic Commission of Nevada disturbed his happiness.
- I'm too happy ... And it looks like I'm losing weight! No problem, it's everything I want for myself, being very rewarding and I feel immense happiness, thank God. Nothing will wipe that smile off my face - said during a conversation with Combate.com.
The Brazilian had to submit to the surprise examination because they tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone in his last fight abroad, in December 2012, Australia. Because of this, he came to Las Vegas almost two weeks before the fight.
- I arrived last Monday to take the exam and everything went well. They demanded and I complied. I'm quiet, they can test how many times you want, I'm clean. Not even the fact that he finished the camp here changes my mood.
The miner said wrestler relieved after going through a period of anxiety and uncertainty since his dismissal from the UFC for unsportsmanlike conduct against Mike Pierce at UFC: Maia x Shields on 9 October last:
- It was the hardest moment of my career, but not my life. For you see how things are, I thank God for all that passed, but there were no difficulties testing and maturing opportunities. To be honest, I do not think I spent so much trouble, a lot of people now and well more than me. The faith I have in God, it does not shake. Where I came from to where I came, do not need to doubt anything, no. I did not get here by accident and I'm sure that was misunderstood by everyone when it happened my resignation. I was mostly misunderstood by those who do not know me, but I have faith in God and that everything will be bypassed. That's why I'm here today.
The first step of Toquinho towards this new phase of his career will be this Saturday against American Steve Carl, the belt of weights welterweight World Series of Fighting (WSOF). The fighter knows that his hiring was widely criticized by other athletes, but says she's not the least bit worried about it:
- I train hard through today. To fight I squeeze a little more, but my training is always hard because I like to keep my body well prepared all the time. You never know when you'll have a fighting chance. Did an excellent camp and now my goal is to come here and get this title, win this fight. I will be a champion, you are sure! What these guys said about me is that, in reality, no one wants to face me, but you do not have nowhere to run, right? I do not say this to get rid of anyone, understand? But I think they would not want to fight with me.
The Brazilian has yet to lose three pounds for the weighing of Friday, but is quiet and ensures that nothing will shake this new phase of his career:
- I'm so happy to lose 3kg these will be nothing. I want to take and send a hug to everyone rooting for me, for the Team Nogueira and all Brazilians who believe in me. I'm fine, I'm almost in weight, little miss, I'm very happy, I'm smiling. I have a mission and I will fulfill it: overcoming - Toquinho concluded.