UnderGround Forums Is Cain Velasquez's Spanish really that bad?

Edited: 6/11/15 4:10 AM
11/3/08
"most spanish countries, and brazil do not respect mexicans. i grew up with family from south america and spain, mexicans are viewed very low and with their own type of spanish."

Why even share this when it doesn't even really lead in to the point you're trying to make? Nobody gives a shit what your bigoted family or the people you surround yourself with think about Mexicans. Don't make sweeping generalizations about "most Spanish countries" on how they feel about Mexicans. What a retarded post.
6/11/15 4:31 AM
8/9/14
Galanis -
malryan - 
XIITT_JBASS -
Lex_o - Like most us Mexican Americans the language we speak with our parents is its own language. It might sound like great Spanish to those who don't speak it but its crap in the real world. Phone Post 3.0
I'm half greek and live in Australia, my family speaks a funny mix of greek and English, although I don't speak greek and only hear the English. I still remember the first time telling my grandmother i had started BJJ, I had to get my mother to explain it to her as grandma's English is poor. She said something in greek, then said 'like karate'. I still don't think they have any idea what BJJ is lol Phone Post
Is it true that greeks like it in the ass? Phone Post

Great post, you are a true asset to this forum. What a worthless cunt
You didn't answer Phone Post 3.0
6/11/15 5:46 AM
2/24/11
NewOldTRT09er -
Galanis -
malryan - 
XIITT_JBASS -
Lex_o - Like most us Mexican Americans the language we speak with our parents is its own language. It might sound like great Spanish to those who don't speak it but its crap in the real world. Phone Post 3.0
I'm half greek and live in Australia, my family speaks a funny mix of greek and English, although I don't speak greek and only hear the English. I still remember the first time telling my grandmother i had started BJJ, I had to get my mother to explain it to her as grandma's English is poor. She said something in greek, then said 'like karate'. I still don't think they have any idea what BJJ is lol Phone Post
Is it true that greeks like it in the ass? Phone Post

Great post, you are a true asset to this forum. What a worthless cunt
You didn't answer Phone Post 3.0
That's Italian girls.
They do that before getting married to keep their virginity. Phone Post 3.0
Edited: 6/11/15 7:24 AM
8/19/09
Every time I think I'm out...
6/11/15 8:06 AM
8/14/12
Wow this forum is fucked up worse than I thought. Like a bunch of 14 year old mean girls talking shit about a pro athletes Spanish. Sad cunts Phone Post 3.0
6/11/15 8:06 AM
3/7/14
Come on, how many people of Italian decent speak a lick of Italian, or German decent sparking up a conversation in German, or Irish speaking Gaelic? stop already
6/11/15 8:31 AM
1/11/06
First generation Filipino, don't speak Tagalog or any dialects. it's a bit of a mind-fxxx because other Filipinos expect me to speak Tagalog and when I tell them I only speak English, they look like I just shit on the floor.

Verdun is right though. Cain is as American as all the white people in Cali are. He's a pretend Mexican that barely speaks Spanish. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/15 8:40 AM
5/8/13
I met Cain once, knew his older brother and hung with him a few times, they are like 90% of people out west who's parents are Mexican or Chicano but the kids grow up totally American, I think the parents try and shield them from all the Mexican stuff because they feel it's better to grow up Americanized.... Or some shit.... Phone Post 3.0
6/11/15 9:02 AM
12/31/11
I just give him credit for trying. I'm trying to learn Spanish at the moment and it's the hardest thing I've ever attempted.
I spent a fair amount of time in Mexico and speaking to people there they confirmed that his Spanish isn't great but the people I have spoken to don't consider him a 'fake' Mexican, just someone who is proud of his roots. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/15 9:16 AM
1/12/05
I probably mentioned it in this thread already, but I worked in a kitchen with a bunch of dudes from Mexico and they were hyped AF for Brock-Cain. We watched the hype special in Spanish, and they were like, "when are they going to show the Mexican guy". Nobody was buying Cain.
6/11/15 9:22 AM
4/2/08
UGCTT_Jay Edz - I just give him credit for trying. I'm trying to learn Spanish at the moment and it's the hardest thing I've ever attempted.
I spent a fair amount of time in Mexico and speaking to people there they confirmed that his Spanish isn't great but the people I have spoken to don't consider him a 'fake' Mexican, just someone who is proud of his roots. Phone Post 3.0
If you think Spanish is hard, try learning English. I taught English to Colombians as a volunteer. At least Spanish has rules that are consistent. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/15 9:23 AM
1/12/05
Joey Chango - My Parents were born in italy, went to germany in the mid 70s, and 79 i was born. My first language was Italian, than slowly i learned german.
Still speaking Italian to my mum, and i think i speak pretty fluently. But its more of a remix language xD
With lots of german words. A native italian could easily figure out i wasnt born there. I feel Italian, of course, i was raised Italian by italians. But my first language now is 100% german. And i feel at home here in germany.
So i always thought thats maybe like a lot of mexican american feel Phone Post 3.0

This is accurate for a lot of people, for me as well. In Italy, people can't figure out where I'm from. They joke like 'did you learn to speak in prison?' and try to place where my accent is from. I've heard everything from Scotland to Australia, but then I tell them Brooklyn, and they throw their hands up like it makes sense.

6/11/15 9:52 AM
11/3/08
People also need to realize he isn't some super articulate guy when he speaks English either, I don't understand why anyone would expect him to be some sort of wizard at Spanish. He could certainly be better though.

I wish he'd do what Victor/Tito/Robert Guerrero do and sport both flags when competing. Its a lot more respectful and he'd get much less flak over it.

Reminds me of Marcus Davis gettin' shit on for the whole Irish Hand Grenade thing.
6/11/15 10:27 AM
12/31/11
eljamaiquino -
UGCTT_Jay Edz - I just give him credit for trying. I'm trying to learn Spanish at the moment and it's the hardest thing I've ever attempted.
If you think Spanish is hard, try learning English. I taught English to Colombians as a volunteer. At least Spanish has rules that are consistent. Phone Post 3.0
It's funny you feel that way since every native Spanish speaker I've spoke to who speaks English as a second language has said they think Spanish is harder. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/15 10:33 AM
4/28/06
We can all agree that Spanish is easy as fuck compared to Portugese. That shit is downright evil.
6/11/15 10:37 AM
4/16/15
Bobby Lupo -
Joey Chango - My Parents were born in italy, went to germany in the mid 70s, and 79 i was born. My first language was Italian, than slowly i learned german.
Still speaking Italian to my mum, and i think i speak pretty fluently. But its more of a remix language xD
With lots of german words. A native italian could easily figure out i wasnt born there. I feel Italian, of course, i was raised Italian by italians. But my first language now is 100% german. And i feel at home here in germany.
So i always thought thats maybe like a lot of mexican american feel Phone Post 3.0

This is accurate for a lot of people, for me as well. In Italy, people can't figure out where I'm from. They joke like 'did you learn to speak in prison?' and try to place where my accent is from. I've heard everything from Scotland to Australia, but then I tell them Brooklyn, and they throw their hands up like it makes sense.

Cool, from Brooklyn! My grandpa's two brothers went to Brooklyn (late 40s - early 50s).
Always funny when i skype with one of my Cousins xD
A remix of Brooklyn goodfellas italian with english-german words and south Italian accents xD
We could stick to english, but we have to show each other our skills haha Phone Post 3.0
6/11/15 12:56 PM
1/1/01
lockon - People also need to realize he isn't some super articulate guy when he speaks English either, I don't understand why anyone would expect him to be some sort of wizard at Spanish. He could certainly be better though.

I wish he'd do what Victor/Tito/Robert Guerrero do and sport both flags when competing. Its a lot more respectful and he'd get much less flak over it.

Reminds me of Marcus Davis gettin' shit on for the whole Irish Hand Grenade thing.

Sexy dons both the Japanese and Korean flags
6/11/15 1:18 PM
6/29/10
ShaqFu -

most spanish countries, and brazil do not respect mexicans. i grew up with family from south america and spain, mexicans are viewed very low and with their own type of spanish. i do not share this view, i have many mexican friends but to be honest cain is sort of a fake, acting like he is repping for mexico when he is pretty much a typical american whiteboy that grew up with mexican parents. To be honest his spanish is garbage, and it's pretty bad when you have a tattoo like that and your spanish sucks. The people i know with that tat were in gangs, also had horrible spanish.

What a joke. Phone Post 3.0