UnderGround Forums Jacare: If I can't fight, I lose my home

4/8/20 11:17 PM
1/1/01

UFC middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza is is scheduled to fight Uriah Hall at UFC 249 on April 18, reportedly on tribal lands at Tachi Palace in Northern California. The bout takes place during the COVID-19 global pandemic, which has Souza concerned, but he has to make a living.

“In a way it's good because we’ll be able to take care of our families,” said Souza to Guilherme Cruz for MMA Fighting. “I know the world is going crazy, but I believe Dana White will keep us all safe and put us to work. I pray that everything goes right.”

“I’m scared, that’s normal. Everyone’s scared. We try to keep everyone protected, but I keep thinking about one thing: if I can’t pay my house’s mortgage, if I can’t pay my bills, I’m going to lose my house. If I go out to the streets, that’s when it gets complicated, that’s when they really won’t be protected. I have to take care of my family one way or the other, and I believe… I know the UFC will keep me protected.

"They will take care of everybody. I can stay home, walk across the street and my neighbor infects me with the coronavirus. This virus is highly contagious. I can stay home and catch it. But I’m going to work. I hope God blesses Dana White and the UFC so they really can make it happen and I can take care of my family with safety.”

4/9/20 1:29 AM
2/29/16

Where'd his money go?

4/9/20 1:34 AM
2/16/12

Blown away at this point of his career, he doesn't have his house paid off yet; unless he has those super mansions, but Jacare seen like a modest guy. Who knows

4/9/20 2:11 AM
11/20/09

He should have got a title shot after his fight with Yoel.  Besides the fact I think he legit should have won that fight, that's the fight Yoel popped for and still got the title shot. 

Since then, Jacare has gone down  hill.  Less strategic, less explosive, chin is weaker.  At the top of his game, he was one of if not the best middleweights. 

4/9/20 2:49 AM
8/8/18

I think he's just talking about generally being able to pay bills because nowhere does he say "if I don't fight, I lose my home"

4/9/20 3:00 AM
6/17/13
Kirik -

UFC middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza is is scheduled to fight Uriah Hall at UFC 249 on April 18, reportedly on tribal lands at Tachi Palace in Northern California. The bout takes place during the COVID-19 global pandemic, which has Souza concerned, but he has to make a living.

“In a way it's good because we’ll be able to take care of our families,” said Souza to Guilherme Cruz for MMA Fighting. “I know the world is going crazy, but I believe Dana White will keep us all safe and put us to work. I pray that everything goes right.”

“I’m scared, that’s normal. Everyone’s scared. We try to keep everyone protected, but I keep thinking about one thing: if I can’t pay my house’s mortgage, if I can’t pay my bills, I’m going to lose my house. If I go out to the streets, that’s when it gets complicated, that’s when they really won’t be protected. I have to take care of my family one way or the other, and I believe… I know the UFC will keep me protected.

"They will take care of everybody. I can stay home, walk across the street and my neighbor infects me with the coronavirus. This virus is highly contagious. I can stay home and catch it. But I’m going to work. I hope God blesses Dana White and the UFC so they really can make it happen and I can take care of my family with safety.”

We try to keep everyone protected, but I keep thinking about one thing: if I can’t pay my house’s mortgage, if I can’t pay my bills, I’m going to lose my house.

Ehh.. Did you read the article? 

4/9/20 3:06 AM
8/8/18
Fedorforever -
Kirik -

We try to keep everyone protected, but I keep thinking about one thing: if I can’t pay my house’s mortgage, if I can’t pay my bills, I’m going to lose my house.

Ehh.. Did you read the article? 

Were you supposed to quote me? And no, I clearly didn't read it properly but I still think he's being dramatic though.

Edited: 4/9/20 4:02 AM
1/1/01

Huge fan of his Jacare at the point when he simply marched through Mousasi was one of the best middleweights ever, terrifying how good he was at that time. And he has fought for a long time and fought often, without any super-long injury layoffs. So it is beyond me how he can be worried about losing his house after a couple months of no fighting, how on earth does he not have some money saved up? After all those fights? Dude is like 40, is he going to start planning his economy and prepare for life after fighting only "after this all blows over"?

EDIT: Ok, maybe I misunderstood. He may be speaking figuratively and not about himself but it is actually not clear from the article. It can happen with translated, transcribed and condensed interviews.

4/9/20 4:20 AM
10/3/11

Tendentious title.

It's more a general statement. If he cant fight/work he cant pay his bills and eventually will lose his house.

Same as a lot of people.

That's why Dana is leading the way by putting up fights and generating income.

4/9/20 5:11 AM
8/23/12

He's at the end of his fighting career so if he still has a mortgage still to pay he'd best start preparing for a manual labour job.

4/9/20 5:12 AM
8/23/12

Absolute scum move by Dana to force hundereds of people to put on his event. If the virus runs through them and maybe even kills a few people, he'll have blood on his hands. 

It also shows the low IQ of most fight fans who are applauding him for it. 

4/9/20 5:34 AM
5/24/08

Dana knows something about this virus that we all don't. Simples.

Fook the new world order

4/9/20 5:40 AM
11/17/13
Y2JB -

Absolute scum move by Dana to force hundereds of people to put on his event. If the virus runs through them and maybe even kills a few people, he'll have blood on his hands. 

Meh I rather risk death in order to secure my families well being then become homeless and useless.

Edited: 4/9/20 6:07 AM
8/8/18
Y2JB -

No one is being forced to do anything, no need to be so dramatic.

4/9/20 6:20 AM
1/22/05

Most sane countries are implementing freezes on mortgage payments for a few months. That's what happens when you live in a country with a lunatic leading it.

Edited: 4/9/20 6:49 AM
8/18/13

Sorry, but if a fighter at his level hasn’t paid off his house and isn’t secure for a few months due to this, then it’s his own fault for being so wasteful with money all his life.

There’s people who are already losing houses, businesses, jobs all over the place. I’m not going to feel sorry for a guy who’s on, what, a quarter of a million per 15 minute fist fight? 

4/9/20 7:00 AM
8/23/12
DontLeaveItToTheJudges -
Y2JB -

Meh I rather risk death in order to secure my families well being then become homeless and useless.

Maybe you'll secure killing your family by infecting them, go you!

4/9/20 7:07 AM
4/21/12

Last reported pay: $210K (April 2019).

Fought 5 times in last 2 years and got 3 fight bonuses in that time. 

Compared to 95+% of the roster, he's doing very well financially. What he does with his money is his business, but if he's hurting then there are probably hundreds of others on the roster who are doing even worse. 

4/9/20 7:12 AM
8/18/13
Tug Dabone -

Last reported pay: $210K (April 2019).

Fought 5 times in last 2 years and got 3 fight bonuses in that time. 

Compared to 95+% of the roster, he's doing very well financially. What he does with his money is his business, but if he's hurting then there are probably hundreds of others on the roster who are doing even worse. 

And yet still someone down voted me for saying it. Some people seem to think fighters are so hard done by. Anyone top ten is making a very, very good living. And Jacare has been Top 10 for years

But hey, maybe he does a lot for the poor in his country, many Brazilian fighters do. If he does though, he should know to be more humble at this time when so many people are truly struggling for their next meals for their families 

4/9/20 7:25 AM
8/20/03

I cannot agree with him. 

The UFC is not out to protect the fighters. They have dem time and again they are there for the brand and profits only. I don't even bregrudge them for this. They are a company and they must make profits.

Jacare is in the wrong and the UFC is not an essential service. From training partners to the actual event.

To say he has the same chance of getting the covid as staying home is just poor justification. Many people are in the same boat.

4/9/20 7:37 AM
3/18/14
Y2JB -
DontLeaveItToTheJudges -
Y2JB -

Nearly 40k people die from road accidents every year in the US. Don't take your family in a car you might secure their death 

4/9/20 7:46 AM
8/18/13
rudiger -
Y2JB -
DontLeaveItToTheJudges -
Y2JB -

Nearly 40k people die from road accidents every year in the US. Don't take your family in a car you might secure their death 

Or to put it in a way for clowns to grasp it

4% of the entire countries death toll in road accidents in a year, died in New York from Covid 19 yesterday 

Edited: 4/9/20 7:55 AM
7/15/04

Someone mail this dude a portuguese version of Dave Ramsey's book ASAP. Damn Jacare.....

4/9/20 8:40 AM
1/1/01

Fake news. He lives in Florida and the governor has already stated that all evictions and foreclosures are suspended for at least 45 days. 

4/9/20 9:16 AM
8/23/12
Dreville79 -
rudiger -
Y2JB -
DontLeaveItToTheJudges -
Y2JB -

Or to put it in a way for clowns to grasp it

4% of the entire countries death toll in road accidents in a year, died in New York from Covid 19 yesterday 

Each car accident doesn't exponentially increase the likelyhood of more car accidents occuring you fucking idiot.